Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby drachefly » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Fair game. So, you're saying, say, my 20q to your 10q that that doesn't happen? I'll take that. No offer to continue in any fashion from Charlie, afterwards.
User avatar
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Nnelg » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Frosted wrote:I have a prediction, but it concerns the end of the book so it may be beyond the scope of this thread.
Spoiler: show
The series will end with Parson back in StupidWorld. He will receive some form of electronic communication from Charlie to the effect of "GG. Game 2?"


I'd go 2:1 on it.

drachefly wrote:Fair game. So, you're saying, say, my 20q to your 10q that that doesn't happen? I'll take that. No offer to continue in any fashion from Charlie, afterwards.


Ah, could we start a betting pool or something? I'd like to bet 10q in favor.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
User avatar
Nnelg
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Internets the World of Webs

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby drachefly » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Umm, All right. I'll put 20 against.
User avatar
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby sheepfly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:09 am

I'd like to bet 10q that Ace defects from Jetstone voluntarily (is not turned by magic or decryption) by the end of book 2. Any takers?
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
User avatar
sheepfly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby drachefly » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:54 am

You're on.
User avatar
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Sixty » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 am

I'll bet someone 10q that Jillian's yellow dwagon gets converted by Stanley when he attacks. If it dies before then or something else happens to it, the other person wins.
User avatar
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:03 am
Location: Salisbury, Maryland

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Whispri » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 am

Sixty wrote:I'll bet someone 10q that Jillian's yellow dwagon gets converted by Stanley when he attacks. If it dies before then or something else happens to it, the other person wins.

I'll take that bet.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby bladestorm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:52 pm

I am willing to put up 20q that GK gets attacked before they can next end turn.
bladestorm
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Lamech » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:43 am

bladestorm wrote:I am willing to put up 20q that GK gets attacked before they can next end turn.

The city itself or any of their forces? Because the sides about to be attacked by Slately leading the Jetstonion forces to their croaks.
Lamech
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby bladestorm » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 am

Lamech wrote:
bladestorm wrote:I am willing to put up 20q that GK gets attacked before they can next end turn.

The city itself or any of their forces? Because the sides about to be attacked by Slately leading the Jetstonion forces to their croaks.

The city. The one that currently has no magic user in it, no CWL in it, and has a nice shiny Arkenhammer in it.
bladestorm
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby bladestorm » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 pm

bladestorm wrote:
Lamech wrote:
bladestorm wrote:I am willing to put up 20q that GK gets attacked before they can next end turn.

The city itself or any of their forces? Because the sides about to be attacked by Slately leading the Jetstonion forces to their croaks.

The city. The one that currently has no magic user in it, no CWL in it, and has a nice shiny Arkenhammer in it.

Actually, I'll make another bet that's more finite. No combat attacks against any of GK's forces (wherever they may be, MK, GK, SR, wherever) during pages 94 through 99 of Book 2. If they make it to Page 100 with no attacks, 10q for me. If they get attacked any time during those pages, I'll pay out 20q. Bet has to be taken before page 94 is released.
bladestorm
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Whispri » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 pm

bladestorm wrote:Actually, I'll make another bet that's more finite. No combat attacks against any of GK's forces (wherever they may be, MK, GK, SR, wherever) during pages 94 through 99 of Book 2. If they make it to Page 100 with no attacks, 10q for me. If they get attacked any time during those pages, I'll pay out 20q. Bet has to be taken before page 94 is released.

I... suppose I'll take that one. Text updates inclusive I presume?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby bladestorm » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Whispri wrote:
bladestorm wrote:Actually, I'll make another bet that's more finite. No combat attacks against any of GK's forces (wherever they may be, MK, GK, SR, wherever) during pages 94 through 99 of Book 2. If they make it to Page 100 with no attacks, 10q for me. If they get attacked any time during those pages, I'll pay out 20q. Bet has to be taken before page 94 is released.

I... suppose I'll take that one. Text updates inclusive I presume?

So long as they fall within Book 2, Pages 94 and 99. I believe we can get another 6 pages of build-up, and then mark page 100 with a full page spread of glorious combat. We have Jillian, TV, What's going on back at GK, Charlescomm, Tram leaving, MK, Carnymancers vs Predictamancers, a Cubbins rescue, the entire rest of the RCC II, the Marbits mysteriously replacing the Gobwins near GK, and so much other stuff that can be addressed before then, and it would be rather satisfying to have page 100 be the decisive victory battle. The armies may be amassed and ready to rumble, but Parson has been a hop, a skip, and short jump from that portal for a while now.
bladestorm
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Oberon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I'll wager 20 quatloos that Jetstone does not fall this day. "Day" in this context means that the turns of all involved parties have been taken and ended. I'm not going to speculate as to who will go first on the next day, but in TBFGK it was always Charlescomm, followed by GK, so we should have some solid measure of when the day has ended.

I'll wager 20 quatloos that Parson and at least but not limited to Wanda do pass through the Jetstone portal. This does not have to be together, but it will be within this day as defined above.




Edit:
I'm still listed as being at 0 quatloos with a 10q bet outstanding. This was the bet:
"Mrtyuh bet Oberon 10q that un-Tommy will decay until he ceases to exist (as opposed to being destroyed in combat or disbanded,) and this process will be complete before Wanda leaves Goodminton's service."
I was willing to allow the bet to be called a wash and null, but Mrtyuh insisted that he had lost. So the OP needs to be updated to reflect my winnings and remove the resolved wager. If it's ruled by the bookies that the bet was null, which I won't argue against since I already allowed as much, then the wager still needs to be removed as having been resolved.

Or are you archiving resolved bets in case of a later challenge, which might not be a bad idea? In which case they should be placed under and appropriate header.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:59 am

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Kandarin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:45 pm

I fold on my 10q wager about the effects of Don's personal bat. Don may do something useful with the information that the bat gained, but the air battle is over.

20 quatloos says that by the time Parson gets through that portal, it'll lead to the City of Jetstone instead of Spacerock.
Kandarin
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby bladestorm » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Kandarin wrote:I fold on my 10q wager about the effects of Don's personal bat. Don may do something useful with the information that the bat gained, but the air battle is over.

20 quatloos says that by the time Parson gets through that portal, it'll lead to the City of Jetstone instead of Spacerock.

I'll take that one.
bladestorm
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby memnarch » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Oberon wrote:...
Edit:
I'm still listed as being at 0 quatloos with a 10q bet outstanding. This was the bet:
"Mrtyuh bet Oberon 10q that un-Tommy will decay until he ceases to exist (as opposed to being destroyed in combat or disbanded,) and this process will be complete before Wanda leaves Goodminton's service."

...


Well, know we know that un-Tommy did not decay til turning to dust, but instead was "disbanded" when Goodminton fell or destroyed when Wanda was captured.


I'll wager 15q that Crapsack dies fighting Haffaton, either in the field or a city controlled by Haffaton (like the capital).
memnarch
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:27 pm

memnarch wrote:Well, know we know that un-Tommy did not decay til turning to dust, but instead was "disbanded" when Goodminton fell or destroyed when Wanda was captured.

We actually don't know that. Un-Tommy was in her stack, so he didn't disband. And since we don't know what happened next yet, we can't be sure if Wanda went down fighting. So it seems Un-Tommy's fate is still unknown.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby memnarch » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:51 pm

0beron wrote:
memnarch wrote:Well, know we know that un-Tommy did not decay til turning to dust, but instead was "disbanded" when Goodminton fell or destroyed when Wanda was captured.

We actually don't know that. Un-Tommy was in her stack, so he didn't disband. And since we don't know what happened next yet, we can't be sure if Wanda went down fighting. So it seems Un-Tommy's fate is still unknown.


Hmmm, I suppose that is also a possibility. It doesn't look like he's in the picture on episode 26, but that wouldn't count for much in determining his fate either.
memnarch
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 pm

memnarch wrote:It doesn't look like [Un-Tommy] in the picture on episode 26, but that wouldn't count for much in determining his fate either.

I believe he is the one on Wanda's right, in the longer robe. That is the same kind of robe Lord Firebaugh wears, and he seems to be wearing the same thing in this update.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests