Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 am

0beron wrote:...I'm confused about the Luckamancy that happened in the most recent update. Did Mo have a curse on him...? Because if so, he should have taken 8 damage, and the side gained 2 Karma...I think? It just seems like the terms and math are backwards/contradictory.
Moe didn't - the mouse did. Chance placed it on him during the previous phases, using his delayed action. I'll make the source of the curses clearer in the future.

Also, I'm heading out of state for the next few days, and won't likely have any internet access. Regular updates will resume Sunday night or Monday morning. Have a great weekend!
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29 am

Anex calls over " Fortunes ! Nemo is safe for now. I'll take my chances. You call over Melissa.... Do..it..now !"
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 am

Whump continues to knock the bits out of MS01
CroverusRaven

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am

Fortune moves to E2 before Firing at MW01
WhirdCheese

Postby Nnelg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:21 am

Honestly, Whird, I think your last move was perfectly fine.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:03 pm

*Anex rolls her eyes to the sky and sighs* "Nemo ... I suppose you're her master. Be a dear and set Melissa on the remaining axe-marbit. That'll account for him. If the lone spear-weilder wants to try to make it around her...an arrow or discus in the eye should give him some difficulty in finding a path."

OOC If Melissa moves to J5 it'll block any advances from the unpinned marbits /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:OOC If Melissa moves to J5 it'll block any advances from the unpinned marbits /OOC

I'm voluntarily abstaining from giving Melissa any coordinate-specific orders. I trust that when I order her to "Block the path to Fort", Marbit will move her into a decent position to do so.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex - Round 2, Phase 4 to End of Combat

Tenebris cleans up the remaining Marbit units with a string of massive good fortune. Fortunes Chance smiles mysteriously. Zed-Too examines the wound that he was sure was supposed to be fatal, but ended up being barely a scratch.

Team Total XP: 16
6 Units get 2 XP: Nemo, Regus, Rudy, Whump, Wegio, Fortune
4 Units get 1 XP: Anex, Kilroy, Zed-Too, Melissa

This is, unfortunately, not enough to level any characters just yet.

After the fight, Melissa sniffs around the battle site, and begins to head deeper into the hex. She stalks about 20 yards away from the site of the fight, then looks back at Nemo, tilting her head to one side, and waits.

PCs have been added to the Reference section. Please double-check the stats and let me know if there are any changes that need to be made.

Tenebris Karma : +11

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them. All units other than Nemo have 2 Hex Move remaining, which means you can enter the hex, and flee the hex, but cannot re-enter it once you have fled. Nemo's mount has 6 Hex Move remaining, so he can leave and re-enter up to 3 times. Both sides are assumed to be Dodging when they start.

Tenebris Units
Spoiler: show
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 9 (of 12) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.]
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting]
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / 17 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack.]
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 4 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended]
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 18 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose]
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 13 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Block]
Larry "Moe" Curly (The Colonel) : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / -5 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well Armed, Guard, Mighty Blow] Croaked
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] (Lesser Boost:1)
Melissa : Naughty Kitty {Level 1, 2 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 33 (of 40) Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount]

Results
Spoiler: show
Tenebris Stacks :
Regus: Leads Nemo, Rudy, Zed-Too, Chance, Wegio, Anex, Naughty Kitty (+1 Leadership)

-- Round 2 --

Phase 4
----------
Regus: Move to L5, Strike @ MS02
Roll : 5. 10 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (4 Defense) = 7 Hits.

MS02: Strike @ Regus
Roll : 3. CRITICAL FAILURE 8 Combat - 4 Critical - (4 Defense + 1 Leadership) = 0 Hits.

MS01: Strike @ Zed-Too
Roll : 8. 13 Combat - (8 Defense + 1 Leadership) = 4 Hits.

Phase 3
----------
Nemo: Move to E9, Fire @ MW01
Roll : 12. CRITICAL SUCCESS 15 Combat + (4 Critical + 1 Leadership) - (5 Defense) = 15 Hits. Target slain. Team gains 2 XP.

Fortune: Move to E2, Fire @ MW01
Target already slain.

-- Round 3 --

Phase 10
----------
Anex : Move to I4, Fire @ MS02
Roll : 11. CRITICAL SUCCESS 21 Combat + (4 Critical + 1 Leadership + 3 Mighty Blow) - (4 Defense) = 25 Hits. Target slain a whole bunch. Team gains 2 XP.
(Lesser Boost) : 7. (No effect. Boost remains.)

Phase 9
----------
Melissa : Move to O3, Attack @ MS01
Roll : 11. CRITICAL SUCCESS 20 Combat + (4 Critical + 1 Leadership) - (4 Defense) = 21 Hits. Target also slain a whole bunch. Team gains 2 XP.
(After this roll, I was forced to go unpack my regular dice, which had been taken on the road and not yet unpacked.)

(OOC: Yes, I realize Fortune should be at E2; it didn't change the outcome, so I didn't bother to update the image after I already uploaded it. :D )

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Wow, three crits in a row... At the end of the battle, when we don't need them. :lol:

Well, Melissa seems to have found something... I recommend we don't let our guard down, and have those with the most hits left take point.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 am

Whats the xp required to level to 2nd?
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am

Regus moves over to where Moe fell, removing his own helmet. Taking the fallen warrior's sword, he plunges it in the ground, and places Moe's helmet upon it. "Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat ei. Requiéscat in pace." Regus stands, donning his helmet again.

"Form up, Melissa has found something, and I'd rather not loose anyone else."
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am

yeah, so how about the melee with more then 10 hits left make a double row behind melissa, and reguss, the casters, anexa and ruddy hold back 20 ish spaces? then we advance dodging in formation.
bob the 6th

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 am

I could be at the front of that. I still have 17 hits.
CroverusRaven

Postby Nnelg » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:37 am

Well, ironically our highest-hit unit is Melissa herself. But it doesn't look like whatever she's found is a threat, so let's just move forwards.

CroverusRaven wrote:Whats the xp required to level to 2nd?

Five, I think. Leaving us just short. :P
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby LTDave » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:59 am

Wegio moves to S4 and Dodges.

"Nice Kitty. What have you found?"
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 am

MarbitChow wrote:Roll : 11. CRITICAL SUCCESS 20 Combat + (4 Critical + 1 Leadership) - (4 Defense) = 21 Hits. Target also slain a whole bunch. Team gains 2 XP.
(After this roll, I was forced to go unpack my regular dice, which had been taken on the road and not yet unpacked.)

OOC No No no ! We demand...nay!..insist that you use those dice for our rolls ;) /OOC

Anex will move to L3 dodge behind the rock and try to draw a bead in the direction that is interesting to Melissa

"Upfront, there ! Anyone see what she's so interested in ? Is it the cavern we were looking to clear out ?"
Werebiscuit

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:35 am

Fortunes Chance moves to the middle of the group.
WhirdCheese

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Whump will move up towards the front of the group, beside Melissa if possible.
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:08 pm

And Melissa finds....some catnip someone carelessly spread out in the middle of the hex.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Melissa's Search Results

Melissa leads you all to a well-concealed tunnel entrance, with a cleverly-disguised set of double doors, large enough to allow even Melissa to enter. The doors are currently closed.

It's probable that the Marbits that were discovered here were not spawned here, but instead came from the tunnel.

You do not have the ability to contact King Creperum for instructions, and you're still 2 days away from Tenebris.

The doors, while well constructed, are were not built to withstand a siege; if they're locked, you can almost certainly smash them in if you want to investigate, but doing so will clearly alert whatever is behind them.

What do you wish to do?
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games