Delay on Oct 24th's Update

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Delay on Oct 24th's Update

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey folks, just letting you know in case you hadn't scrolled down to see the news update. The updates are a little delayed, because Xin is going through a tough time. I just wanna thank Rob again for the great communication, and send Xin my best thoughts. The art has been beautiful, and we appreciate you trying. Though I haven't lost a parent, I've lost a friend so I have an idea how you might be feeling now.
Take all the time you need Xin, we're thinking of you.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Re: Delay on Oct 24th's Update

Postby Beeskee » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 am

I deeply appreciate Rob posting a status update.

And here I was, all set to add another chapter to my epic Parson/Maggie/Jillian slashfic. ;)
Beeskee

Postby Squall83 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 am

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date, Rob. Of course I can't wait to see the next updates because the tension is so high in both stories and the stories are very well-written and the art is beautiful, but don't make yourselves suffer by trying to keep your self-imposed schedule. There's an easy way and a hard way, right? ;)

Imo you can announce that you'll switch to 1 update per week in order to build up a buffer and then you go back to 2 updates until the buffer is drained.
Squall83

Postby bladestorm » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 am

I'm content with communication. If I know on Wednesday that the update won't happen until Friday, that saves me from hammering the refresh button expecting an update, and I can go back to nitpicking arguments from previous updates.
bladestorm

Postby drachefly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:49 am

I'm not happy with it - but that's mainly because I'm sad Xin's so sad. It's tough. Death isn't right.
drachefly

Postby derfy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 pm

I was going to start a new topic, but I'll just use this one.

HUGS FOR XIN!

*hugs*
derfy
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby elddonnemar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:27 pm

Thank you so much, everyone. I appreciate all the love and understanding, even though I feel that I don't really deserve it. There's way too many moments when I'm simply not doing anything. I just feel so tired all the time and there's an ever expanding field of things that need to be done but never get done because I'm too busy being depressed. It made me feel trapped and worthless and becomes a terrible cycle of things not being done.

It got so bad Erfworld pages which are beginning to feel like big looming shadows of doom. When I realized that something I loved so much were becoming big looming shadows of doom I thought maybe it was time for a break. I've been cleaning the house and helping my father with his new business venture. It's helping quite a bit. Now I just need to catch up on my sleep then everything should go a lot smoother.

Thank you all for your patience and kindness, I wish it was possible to tell you how much it helps.
elddonnemar
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 am

They say that time is a great healer, Xin. Take what you need of it.
Werebiscuit

Postby 0beron » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am

That's very understandable Xin, speaking from experience loosing a friend suddenly some years ago, I empathize about feeling tired and daunted by responsibility. Like Were says, time is a great healer and you are welcome to take it. Taking on different tasks certainly helped me, so just do whatever you need to in order to get yourself in a good place mentally, and we'll be happy for updates whenever they come.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld