Book 2 – Page 93

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 93

Postby Salem » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm

Oberon wrote:
No one in particular wrote:Hey, guess what? Right now, there's only about 5 or 6 people regularly contributing to the wiki.
Maybe that should tell you something? As in, the vast majority of the readership isn't interested in the minutia that a small handful are interested in?

I play a few online games with far smaller numbers of participants which have vastly better wikis. Sorry if I kicked your dog and called your baby ugly, but if only 5 or 6 people care, that's probably not enough to warrant even having a wiki.

Most online games have less regular updates and less complexity. You need to cross reference with Mr. Baldur's work. you need to see how this applies to that, was this alluded to then. Most online games don't get that in Depth. Additionally people who play MMOs are well known for having a lot of free time. Just saying the comparison may be more apple orange than pot kettle. But even still why are you being a jerk? So what if even one person wants something they have a right to seek it. But I also bet more people use the wiki than just the 5~6 who regularly update.

Additionally in regards to Pheobester. I don't think she had leadership but I think that's moot. Either way she was rationalizing and trying to make herself feel better about making her decision. She wasn't even explaining it to anyone else, so any inner monologue like that normally has a single purpose. Rationalization.

My take and it applies either way. Pheobe was having a deeply philisophical grapple with free will. She knew what she wanted, what she felt was right, but the rules compelled her. She struggled with it and had to justify the rules. She had the choice but the rules held sway over her she to feel the right thing would have been to be a "team player" and you know die valiantly.
"Too cute to (stay) croak(ed)!"
Salem
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 am

Salem wrote:Pheobester

Oh great. Archon Psi-cops.
drachefly

Postby Koliup » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:56 pm

I use the wiki. It is very useful.
Would contribute, but I'm not exactly the most eagle-eyed person to be contributing.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Previous

Return to Reactions