Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:32 am

Without waiting for orders, Whump raises both fists and slams down on the doors.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:43 am

Wegio Wegion watched as Whump lifted his fists. No doubt one of the talky-units would reprimand the Warrior for not asking permission.

Wegio took his gladius and wiped a piece of marbit from the blade. This day's work was not yet done.
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:05 am

"Oh dear. We're not going in there are we? There may be an ambush waiting!"
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Anex sighs "And that's why commanders should do the thinking and armored lunks should hit what they're told"

in a louder voice "Stand well back, everyone ! We don't even know if they open in or out yet !"

Anex scurries for cover and begins dodging
Werebiscuit

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Fortune fires at the door if Whump fails to open it or if he does Fortune will fire at the first living thing inside the treshhold of the door.
WhirdCheese

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:06 pm

Regus readies his spear, and stands at max his spears mac rang, dodging but waiting for a chance to strike.

"wait to hit it again until we are all ready. Use the door as a chokepoint if they charge us."

Restack with everyone but the casters (who should go hide behind rocks and dodge)
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex (Broked Doors) - Round 0, Phase 5

Whump smashes through the doors without difficulty. They were clearly made for concealment, not defense.

Tenebris Karma : +11

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them.
The rubble that used to be the doors costs 1 additional move to enter the square.
Reminder: All units (except Melissa) have 1 Overland (Hex) Move remaining. Melissa has Overland (Hex) 5 Move remaining.
None of you are currently dodging. Whump has just gone, so it is currently Phase 5.
The "foggy" area indicates that the tunnel turns, but you cannot tell what is beyond it from your current positions.

Tenebris Units
Spoiler: show
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 9 (of 12) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.]
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting] Delayed-Action
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / 17 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack.]
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 4 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended] Delayed-Action
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 18 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose]
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 13 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Block]
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] (Lesser Boost:1) Dodging
Melissa : Naughty Kitty {Level 1, 2 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 33 (of 40) Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount] Delayed-Action
MarbitChow

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Send melissa in to the curve? Put her one square uo so units can fit behind her if needed?

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby Nnelg » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:22 pm

Dammit; it would have been much better if we'd waited until next turn. Then we could have ambushed anything that came out, and would go in with full hits. At the very least, we could have checked if they were even locked!!! :x

We need to form up. Get to positions on either side of the tunnel entrance. Then someone peaks around the corner and runs back to report his findings. Best-case scenario, whatever's inside will give chase, and we'll ambush it. Short of that, though, we'd still be better-prepared for what perils lie within.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:40 am

I vote that we send Zed-2 around the corner. Hopefully he doesn't get nuked.
WhirdCheese

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:02 am

WhirdCheese wrote:I vote that we send Zed-2 around the corner. Hopefully he doesn't get nuked.

Might be better than using melissa

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby Nnelg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:14 am

Well, it can't be just Melissa anyways. Whoever it is needs to be able to tell us what they've seen.

Speaking of which, Marbit just approved an alternative image for Melissa that looks more like her irl namesake. Hopefully it'll get in by the next update.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby LTDave » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:18 am

Wegio gave Whump a big smile as the doors fell open. "Good job, Kumpel."
Turning to Regus, Wegio lays out his suggestion.
"Regus - Permission to go and stick my head round the corner? I'll be dodging. And if Zed2 stands beside, he can guard me."
He pats Whump on the shoulder. "And this magnificent fellow should come with as well."

IF Regus agrees, Wegio will move to L8 and DODGE.
And hopefully Zed2 will come with to Guard.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 am

[totally wrong thread. How'd that happen?]
Last edited by LTDave on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:46 am

{This was before Wegio's announcement}

"Wait, wait, don't I get a vote about going in there? Or several? They're all 'no'."

{After}

*whisper*"Things I do for Duty."

"I'm getting a bigger shield next chance I get. If there will be a next chance."

So then, Zed-too Guards Wegio as the trio of Whump the Smasher, Wegio the Shaker, and Zed-too the Easily Startled, prepare to investigate.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:01 am

Whump chuckles, brushing some rubble from his fists and following behind the too. He stayed on his guard but would be ready to charge in if there was a threat.

Whump advances to K7, Dodging and Delaying until Wegio finds out what;s going on.

Also, Zed-too should move to K8 and guard Wegio, just sayin

Whump will do nothing till next turn
Last edited by CroverusRaven on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 am

The problem with Whump is that he has used his action for this round - he'll have to wait until next round before he goes in.

Or we can all delay until next round.

Eitherway, I'm waiting permission from my immediate superior talky-unit before entering the tunnel.
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 am

Sorry, BLAND When I looked earlier I thought you had the highest defence+hits. Other than Mellissa that is. But I figured we wanted to keep her out of the fighting as much as possible.
WhirdCheese

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:19 am

I might also have the highest Def plus hits, especially if I Block and Dodge simultaneously.
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:50 am

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex (Broked Doors) - Round 2, Phase 5

The team takes a few moments to prepare themselves, staring alertly at the entrance. Nothing ventures forth. Once everyone is ready, Whump, Wegio, and Zed-Too move into position, and peak down the corridor...

Tenebris Karma : +11

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them.
The rubble that used to be the doors costs 1 additional move to enter the square.
Reminder: All units (except Melissa) have 1 Overland (Hex) Move remaining. Melissa has Overland (Hex) 5 Move remaining.
None of you are currently dodging. Whump has just gone, so it is currently Phase 5.
The "foggy" area indicates that the tunnel turns, but you cannot tell what is beyond it from your current positions.

Tenebris Units
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 9 (of 12) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / 17 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy] Delayed-Action Dodging
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 4 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended] Delayed-Action Dodging
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 18 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose] Delayed-Action Dodging
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 13 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Block] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Melissa : Naughty Kitty {Level 1, 2 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 33 (of 40) Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging

Enemy Units
Guard Plush Puppy (GD1) {Warrior Lvl 2} : [10 Combat / 8 Defense / 42 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy, Well-Armed, Construct] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Guard Plush Puppy (GD2) {Warrior Lvl 2} : [10 Combat / 8 Defense / 42 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy, Well-Armed, Construct] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games