Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 049

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 049

Postby balder » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:08 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 049

Postby sheepfly » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:25 pm

Yup... Jillian really needs to learn when not to chat up the enemy.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby konmanrocks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Love the update, keep em coming..

however...
doesnt anyone read the list of 100 things i will do if i become an evil overlord. why in the hell would you tell your enemy how your going to get out of their trap? stupid, stupid, stupid.
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby atalex » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:30 pm

NOW, it is appropriate to talk about who's holding the Idiot Ball. Although since I have always considered Jillian to be an Idiot (with a capital I), I suppose that's appropriate.
atalex

Postby pablob » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 pm

Delurking just to say something: Rob Balder, I hate you! ;)

Just when things started to look up for Jillian she screws it up (there where at least two things she could have done that she did not do!). I guess that's fate...

I think I will need some closure soon on this front of the story. How about posting three pages a day? ;)
pablob
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Housellama » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 pm

It's always a pretty face, innit Jillian. First the hunk in the bedroom of the captured Tower, then the dreamy, blissful Florist. When are you going to learn?

You're sitting in a tree, with an impressively high level Chief Florist nearby from a Side that you know very well uses plant based units. So why, dear Jillian, as you remember how dangerous this woman could be, do you just sit there and let the booping hippie hug the booping tree? I know you weren't popped for your brains, much to the disappointment of your father, but dear booping Titans woman!

However, I wouldn't say that this is Idiot Ball material. The Idiot Ball usually indicates the holder is acting out of character. ...sadly, this little demonstration of evolution in action is perfectly within character for our dear silly Jilly, Titans bless her lovely little heart.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby malroth » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 pm

Too bad we know Jillian is fated to survive this, I keep hoping her stupid will get her croaked but it never does.
Whispri wrote:Plus it's Gillian, it's not evil when they're doing it to Gillian, as half the time it's self defence and the other half she's into it.
malroth

Postby Kender Wizard » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Now there was an opportunity missed. Wait till the florist gets below your tree, grab hold of the dwagons wings, and order it to let go of the tree. Have the dwagon fall on the florist...though, that'd prolly croak the dwagon, considering how few hits it currently has. Might be worth it though, to kill or incap Haffatons chief caster.
Kender Wizard

Postby LTDave » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Treehuggers!

Nice work Uncle Rob.
LTDave

Postby Biostar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:21 pm

*Jillian gets captured...again* Oh come on! She was so damn close! I pratically groaned when Branch appeared.

Did Jillian even give Faq those coordinates to Haffaton?
Biostar
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby cheeseaholic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 pm

I'd like to note that Jillian has a reputation for getting captured when working for Jetstone too. She never really does learn.
cheeseaholic

Postby Lamech » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Here's a doom combo: Janis Atlantis can end fighting in the hex, and the yellow can crap out. Or better yet, just drop heavy objects from a high height, easily obtained using hats.

Florists are dang scary though.

Also abuse of fugitive rules time! Okay we got a bunch of sides, 1 through 4. Also 1 goes first, 2 second etc.

Side 1's turn: Main attack force moves, but where they end their move, the foul SIDE TWO kidnaps them all. Side one allies with side three.
Side 2's turn: The captured side 1 units enact a daring escape, and find a side 1 scout. Side 2 units are move and all get captured by the dastardly side 3! Side 2 allies with side 4.
Side 3's turn: The captured side 2 units escape, move and find a side 2 scout. Side 1+3 attack forces move. They get captured by side 4. Side 1+3 allies with side 5.
See where this is going? Assuming you can trust side 2-10, side 1 can essentially get their units to move ten times. So if you somehow get access to trustworthy dummy sides (a.k.a. permanently incapacitated rulers), and somehow get access to ten turns of upkeep for massive bursts like that... (decryption)

I think the key to breaking Erfworld is sides trusting and being trustworthy. Or heavy doses of mind control and sedatives.
Lamech

Postby ftl » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:28 pm

Man, I didn't like this update. A few too many iterations of "I'm going to tell the enemy my plan instead of just doing it". By Olive as well as by Jillian.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby MonteCristo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Housellama wrote:It's always a pretty face, innit Jillian. First the hunk in the bedroom of the captured Tower, then the dreamy, blissful Florist. When are you going to learn?

You're sitting in a tree, with an impressively high level Chief Florist nearby from a Side that you know very well uses plant based units. So why, dear Jillian, as you remember how dangerous this woman could be, do you just sit there and let the booping hippie hug the booping tree? I know you weren't popped for your brains, much to the disappointment of your father, but dear booping Titans woman!

However, I wouldn't say that this is Idiot Ball material. The Idiot Ball usually indicates the holder is acting out of character. ...sadly, this little demonstration of evolution in action is perfectly within character for our dear silly Jilly, Titans bless her lovely little heart.

No the only real idiot ball thing Jillian did was telling Olive how she planned to escape. That was truly stupid
(not sure if the flower counts, or if olive was using magic to compel her to take it)

However not suspecting that olive could do something to her in the tree, when there was no engagements allowed, was not unbelievable. When it comes down to it, Jillian is a warlord, not a caster and she's not familiar with the capabilities of hippimancies and florists; that's not stupidity, that's ignorance. Even her father's council were not totally sure about the capabilities of hippimancy. So why should Jillian suspect that a florist could transform a tree into a unit? Hell did any of US guess that during the previous update? Jillian had no idea how the Tree units managed to sneak up on to goodminton, but i did not see anyone here guessing that Olive could transform the surrounding trees into units; and we have META-knowledge on our side.
Last edited by MonteCristo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:34 pm

ftl wrote:Man, I didn't like this update. A few too many iterations of "I'm going to tell the enemy my plan instead of just doing it". By Olive as well as by Jillian.

True, but that's just what Dame Branch does. And Jillian likes to trade barbs.
Lamech

Postby Whispri » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:39 pm

She actually managed to get herself captured faster than the last time she hit a Haffaton City. I wasn't expecting her to fail as badly as that.

malroth wrote:Too bad we know Jillian is fated to survive this, I keep hoping her stupid will get her croaked but it never does.

Yeah, that's the big problem with this, no chance of her Croaking.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby joosy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 pm

Well I guess we know one of the very hard ways back to Wanda now.

and HAH! "I’ll just get out of this Hippiemancy trap by dropping acid"
joosy

Postby Shai_hulud » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:06 am

She held the pink flower to her temple, just beneath the rim of her top hat. It adhered to her head.

I think... I'm worried about the flower on Wandas head...
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/LIAB_Text_10
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Voyager » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 am

Rule #1: Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.
Voyager

Postby effataigus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:17 am

MonteCristo wrote:So why should Jillian suspect that a florist could transform a tree into a unit? Hell did any of US guess that during the previous update? Jillian had no idea how the Tree units managed to sneak up on to goodminton, but i did not see anyone here guessing that Olive could transform the surrounding trees into units; and we have META-knowledge on our side.

Yar, we did:
last forum wrote:Tannenbaums might be hard to sneak in, but a caster to animate the tannenbaums with a foolmancy scroll might be easier.
I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone in thinking that. Also, now we know that Dame branch is reckless enough to enter a hex before spelling it up, so no foolmancy is required... she could just stroll up to the front gates. Still doesn't explain the air-defenses, but I'm betting that those are explained by the air battle that happened some turns prior to the fall of Goodminton... or the other plausible theories put forward last forum.

Jillian should have known based upon the definition of florist and the fact that she's now taken multiple garrisons staffed with plant themed units. However, Jillian is kinda dumb, so it should come as no surprise that a young Jillian is a smidge dumber.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Next

Return to Reactions