Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby Nnelg » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:30 am

Hm, I think Nemo should fire at GD2 as well. Just to make absolutely certain it goes down.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby bob the 6th » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:26 am

I just think attacks should rain down until the damn thing is dead, then we switch over to the other. easy fast solution.
bob the 6th

Postby Nnelg » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Right, that's probably what we're going to do; but I don't want to lock in any actions past phase 10 because we don't know what's down that second tunnel. If there's something dangerous back there, we'll have to deal with it; or if we see lolly exposed croaking him might silence these golems sooner.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Nnelg wrote:Right, that's probably what we're going to do; but I don't want to lock in any actions past phase 10 because we don't know what's down that second tunnel. If there's something dangerous back there, we'll have to deal with it; or if we see lolly exposed croaking him might silence these golems sooner.

Huh. If (Titans forbid) Vinny or Bill fell in battle, would our uncroaked/construct troops stop too?
WaterMonkey314

Postby 0beron » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:40 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Huh. If (Titans forbid) Vinny or Bill fell in battle, would our uncroaked/construct troops stop too?

Based on the comic, I would assume not, because Jetstone's Golems don't NEED Ace to command them, and same goes for Wanda's Uncroaked. They continue to exist even when they're hexes away from the caster that created them.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:25 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Huh. If (Titans forbid) Vinny or Bill fell in battle, would our uncroaked/construct troops stop too?
No, killing a caster has no effect on their creations (other than the obvious things like losing Dance Fighting / Leadership bonuses if they're being led by the caster).
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Ah, but if Lolly dies, they could hypothetically disband for lack of a leader, right?
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Why would that make them disband? They're constructs, they don't have upkeep. They just no longer have anyone giving them orders.
CroverusRaven

Postby bob the 6th » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:07 pm

and killing lolly should be a very low priority... We want him to surender. Another high level caster on our side? esspecialy a high level dollomancer? would be like another city worth of production per turn. Killing him sounds like a horrible idea, would rather pin him down here with no golems and farm the area until we can pull in the local caster with hippymancy can pull up. Even without that, using him as a XP source would be very nice. power leveling anyone?
bob the 6th

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I see us counting chickens that have not yet hatched.

Zed-too would agree to that also. Let's just stick to the plan, see what we can do vs. the golems, and adjust as needs must.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Well, at the very least moving a melee unit adjacent to Lolly might be the only thing that might convince him to surrender. But, you're right. It all depends on what we happens next. I foresee the battle becoming much less structured in the near future, anyways.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby bob the 6th » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Yeah, there could be Ni golems in there. We could all die, but there is always hope.
bob the 6th

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 pm

bob the 6th wrote:Yeah, there could be Ni golems in there. We could all die, but there is always hope.

Nah, he'd have to be a dirtamancer to make Heavy Metal Golems
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 pm

So yeah, Regus will hold off until this develops a bit. Stack is defined as everyone but the two casters (this will change if we get casualties of course).
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby bob the 6th » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:04 pm

oh, that throse off calculations a bit... we might be able to drop both in one round... if we are lucky.
bob the 6th

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:07 pm

I think all orders have been issued
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex (Broked Doors) - Round 1, Phase 10

The Tenebris attack plan executes exceedingly well, thanks in no small part to Chance's blessings. The constructs appeared ready to respond, however, and GD2 struck a resounding blow on an already-wounded Whump before it was destroyed. From their new positions, the Tenebrisians can unfortunately see reinforcements are not very far away...

Tenebris Karma : -7

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them.
The rubble that used to be the doors costs 1 additional move to enter the square.
Reminder: All units (except Melissa) have 1 Overland (Hex) Move remaining. Melissa has Overland (Hex) 5 Move remaining.
None of you are currently dodging. Whump has just gone, so it is currently Phase 5.
The "foggy" area indicates that the tunnel turns, but you cannot tell what is beyond it from your current positions.

Tenebris Units
Spoiler: show
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Action Dodging
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 9 (of 12) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting] Coordinating: Anex
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / 7 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy]
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 1 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended]
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 18 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose] Delayed-Action Dodging Interposing/Guarding: Melissa
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 13 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Block] Blocking Dodging
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] Supporting: Rudy
Melissa : Naughty Kitty {Level 1, 2 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 33 (of 40) Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount] (Lesser Boost:1)

Enemy Units
Guard Plush Puppy (GD1) {Warrior Lvl 2} : [10 Combat / 8 Defense / 42 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy, Well-Armed, Construct] (Lesser Curse:1)

Marbit Jailer (Mb1) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Jailer (Mb2) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Marbit Jailer (Mb3) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging

Results
-- Round 1 --

Tenebris Stacks :
Regus: Leads Rudy, Whumo, Wegio, Zed-Too, Kilroy, Anex, Melissa (+1 Leadership)

Phase 10
----------

Whump: Move to N13, Strike @ GD2
Roll : 10. 16 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 9 Hits. (GD2:34)

Melissa: Move to M13, Strike @ GD2
Roll : 8. 17 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 10 Hits. (GD2:24)
Melissa - Lesser Boost : 6. No effect.

Wegio: Strike @ GD2
Roll : 5.
Wegio - Lesser Boost: 7. 15 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 8 Hits. (GD2:16)
Wegio - (Lesser Curse:0). Tenebris gains -2 Karma.

Zed2: Move to N12

Rudy: Move to L11, Fire @ GD2
Roll : 10. 17 Combat + (1 Leadership + 3 Support) - (8 Defense) = 13 Hits. (GD2:3)

Anex: Move to L10, Fire @ GD2
Roll : 2. CRITICAL FAILURE
Anex - Lesser Boost : 8. 18 Combat + (1 Leadership + 3 Coordinate - 2 Support) - (8 Defense) = 12 Hits. Target destroyed. Team gains 6 XP.
Anex - (Lesser Curse:0). Tenebris gains -16 Karma.

Fort: Move to M9, Cast:Lesser Curse @ GD1
GD1 gains (Lesser Curse:1)

Nemo: Move to M8

GD1 : Strike @ Melissa
Roll : 8. 18 Combat - (12 Defense + 1 Leadership + 3 Guard + 3 Interpose) = 0 Hits.
Melissa - Lesser Boost : 8. No effect
(Note - Lesser Curse effect on GD1 is in effect starting next phase.)

GD2 : Strike @ Whump
Roll : 8. 18 Combat - (7 Defense + 1 Leadership) = 10 Hits. (Whump:7 (!))

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.

(Edit1: Updated Zed-Too - added 'Delayed-Action Dodging' to character status.)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:18 pm

I've got juice for ONE spell. Do I save it or use it to curse the remaining golem?

Also we need to send someone down to protect the gobwin. Do we know what its stats are. They aren't in either group.
WhirdCheese

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:23 pm

WhirdCheese wrote:Also we need to send someone down to protect the gobwin. Do we know what its stats are. They aren't in either group.
The gobwin is a 'zed' warrior. Level 0, -5 XP, 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 HIts / 8 {8} Move, Attack. No AP.
MarbitChow

Postby bob the 6th » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:41 pm

well I don't like the way the karma is tilted...

mistake I would note is that Rudy should have buffed Anexa fully, which works out to a net +1 hits...

but whump is useful, we don't want him to die. At the same time, rolling less then 4 is unlikely even with the a re-roll(6 out of 36, or 1 out of 6... about 17%)... so cut losses and just let it be?
bob the 6th

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games