Bush Quest

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Bush Quest

Postby Kaed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am

MarbitChow wrote:Ok. Feed one of the seeds to the Orly, as well as any grubs / worms / other yummy insects it might like. Also, water Rosebush. Pass the remaining seeds to Straw and ask him to send them to the Florist when Mac returns.

Spoiler: show
After feeding it a seed and turning over several rocks to find grubs and bugs, the Orly decides that maybe you aren't so bad, and hops onto your shoulder ("LOL"). You've got a sweet burd to use for scouting and stuff now.

CroverusRaven
You begin the slow process of communion with the trees, which takes hours to do, for without hippymancy, plants are quite slow thinkers. Unfortunately, you are interrupted midway through, as they are telling you about a bird nesting in one of thier trunks, by the sight of an Orly on Senor Expiracion's shoulder. This triggers your Hatred of All Living Things, making concentration all but impossible. Stupid bird!
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:03 am

Titans dang it, that Scarecrow and his 'swag' moving around with that hat around, all conspicuous. The gobwins wouldn't have caught sight of us if someone had a bit more class.

Anyway, I flee *ouchies* to the hex where everyone else is, and tell them of my finds.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:39 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Titans dang it, that Scarecrow and his 'swag' moving around with that hat around, all conspicuous. The gobwins wouldn't have caught sight of us if someone had a bit more class.

Anyway, I flee *ouchies* to the hex where everyone else is, and tell them of my finds.

Hey, as a note here, maybe just tell them in the post what you saw? Some people actually respect spoiler tags not addressed to them.

I think.

Maybe I'm just delusional?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:46 am

Oh. Right. People do that. Including me, of course. Ahem.

So-

As I was majestically galloping through verdant forests, I discovered more trees to the southwest, but they are thinning. There's bound to be a clearing to the south, as long as we go through a field of very tall weeds.

I'd have gone further, but a horde of gobwins summoned by Mr. Hayhead's swag here ambushed me. I didn't count how many they were, I was busy dodging arrows, but I'm sure there's more than one hundred. My arrow dodging skills are the stuff of legend, but I did get hit- once- so I decided to return and bring the information to you.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:11 pm

"Oy! Get that bloody bird out of here 'fore I use it for target practice." Shapes itself to make a frowney face.
CroverusRaven

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:31 pm

The Cowardly Scarecrow rummages around.

Also, when he hears the Rosebush getting angry at the living ORLY, he takes the blame (implausibly but so there).
WaterMonkey314

Postby Kaed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm

As all know, straw men are clearly at fault for everything that goes on, including someone taming an Orly across the hex. He must have suggested it, or something. That villain.

Straw
To slightly mitigate his dastardly crimes, he also found a pine cone during his rummaging. What a rare and unusual thing to turn up in a forest! Why, he must have been favored by the titans themselves to have found such a treasure.

The night is almost upon them, and though none of them really sleep, it is hard to do much in the dark. The time for settling down and awaiting the next dawn has arrived. Take your final actions this turn, and declare that you are ready to end the turn when you are done. (there is no time limit, I'm just pointing out that you are out of actions for the day, and dialogue/development is all that remains)
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:47 pm

The Cowardly Scarecrow attempts to eat the pine cone. If that fails, he tries to implant it into his chest as a heart.

"If I only had a cone..."
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Senor leans in towards the Dire Rosebush, and speaks in a hushed whisper, "Be at ease, verdant one. We tame and harness the living so that we need not place ourselves at risk. They are but tools to make use of, like a sword. And, if our need is great, its blood may be sufficient to nourish you when water is scarce."

Senor wraps himself in the cloak, find a comfortable position from which to keep watch, and settles in for the night.

(Senor is ready to end the turn.)
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm

The Rosebush grumbles, it's eyeless main bulb which acts as a head 'glaring' at the foul feather filth. It calms itself for now, relishing the thought of killing the creature and using it's blood as sustenance.

Ready to end turn
CroverusRaven

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:01 pm

I think the ORLY should Speak in Memes and i totally volunteer to be the bird.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby Kaed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:10 pm

tigerusthegreat wrote:I think the ORLY should Speak in Memes and i totally volunteer to be the bird.

DONE
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:03 pm

tigerusthegreat wrote:I think the ORLY should Speak in Memes

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Well then, ready to end turn.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:59 pm

End the turn.
WaterMonkey314

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:37 pm

"Not sure if the bush hates me." The ORLY has a confused look on its face. "Or if its the Scarecrow's fault."

End turn :-p

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby Kaed » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:20 am

The dawn arrives, and somewhere, a rooster crows to announce it. This strikes everyone as odd, since the hex was searched twice with no rooster, but it turns out it was just Straw faking the sound.

Nevertheless, the turn has started, so there must to no enemies about.

As a living unit, Orly must Forage for upkeep or Cajole a meal from his companions.

Orly
Hits: 7
Attack: 3
Defense: 2
Move: 4
Special: Flying

Inventory
Two seeds (unidentified)
Pine cone (mundane)
10 paper sheets and writing stuff
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:54 am

The ORLY takes off and forages for food in the hex.

Last Updated 6/25/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:13 pm

I ask the Dire Rosebush to identify the seeds (since he's a plant and clearly is best able to identify them.)
WaterMonkey314

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Takes the seeds and examines them, seeing if they are familiar.
CroverusRaven

Postby Kaed » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:52 am

CroverusRaven wrote:Takes the seeds and examines them, seeing if they are familiar.

Unfortunately, the Identify Seeds action is only effective when used by someone with knowledge of Erf-based Hippymancy. You are only good with a bit of hat magic stuff. However, you do notice one is round and yellow, while the other is sort of blue and almost seems shaped like a tiny wing.
___

It's been almost 48 hours. Has interest already been lost?
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games