Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:17 pm

A single Elf is not worth the energy it would take to capture it, unless it has some special out of combat healing benefit; how does healing touch work when not in combat?
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:A single Elf is not worth the energy it would take to capture it, unless it has some special out of combat healing benefit; how does healing touch work when not in combat?
Pretty much exactly the same as in-combat. An Altruistic Elf could, perhaps, continuously heal damage that Coil inflicted attack upon a captured unit, allowing MUCH longer "play" sessions.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 pm

To be clear, I'm not suggesting we send three or so warriors out to bullrush one elf into our clutches.

That said, the battle, as things now stand, is won. There's no tactical cost to us to make sure it ends quickly. Further, there's no tactical cost to us to beef up Alt Elf survivability as much as possible by using space-out/calming spells and wards. Given both of those, at the very least we may attempt to finish things quicker than the Archons can croak all the elves (not a 0 chance, I'd say).

Treat this as an objective for bonus points if you like.

EDIT: oh hey, if this works, apparently after some initial friction, you and the Elf will be the best of friends. I shudder to think what the goings on in the dungeon will be with such a team.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Well then...I'm all for capturing one! Poetic justice for when we get the King in my clutches!
ETheBoyce

Postby 0beron » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 pm

I agree with Bland. Try to finish the battle quickly, and continue our efforts with Junetta and Triage saving the Alt Elves. If the odds go in our favor, we'll have a nice bonus to our spoils.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 pm

Sooooo...do we have orders ready? or should I do that tonight?
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Sorry to post so many times in a row, but Marbit, how do the Archons count in terms of "enemy" status? Specifically, if they moved adjacent to one of our units, would it end their Move?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:52 pm

0beron wrote:Sooooo...do we have orders ready? or should I do that tonight?
I had planned to do phases 19 and 18 shortly, based on previous posts.
0beron wrote:Marbit, how do the Archons count in terms of "enemy" status? Specifically, if they moved adjacent to one of our units, would it end their Move?
Enemy is "anyone not on your side or allied with you". The archons would have to end their move if they became adjacent to a flier or someone in the Towers.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Ok, I have a potential plan that would involve moving the fliers, but still allow them to make whatever attacks have already been ordered. Is that ok?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 pm

0beron wrote:Ok, I have a potential plan that would involve moving the fliers, but still allow them to make whatever attacks have already been ordered. Is that ok?
Sure. I wasn't able to get to an update during lunch (stupid work stuff), and since tonight is Halloween, I doubt I'll have time to get to it this evening, so next update will be tomorrow night.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Alrighty, I'll post my plan tonight once I have the chance to figure out the details.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm

Okay, here is my plan. I want to make it as hard for the Archons to take their prize as possible, and make sure it hurts. And now that the Elves have no ranged units, our fliers are totally safe. So here are what my orders, baring objections.

I want to retcon in an action for Brickabat swarms 1 & 2 because they have presumably delayed turns since they do nothing normally. On Phase 1 and 0 of Round 3 I want the 2 swarms to take double moves to get to W6 & W8 (I'm hoping that because Faith didn't have an action in this time anyway, and because their order doesn't cause damage, it's okay to retcon this)
Cupid will use his first move to T7, and Comet will move to T8. There they will take whatever fire action they were originally ordered to. Then they will shift over to U6 & U8, and take whatever second fire action they were order to.

The result is that Faith cannot move to wake up her buddies, and when we Calm her, they can't come wake her. This means they'll have to actually fire on each other, and I'm hoping the damage discourages them. (yes this doesn't affect them much at the moment, but makes them easier to disable during Round 4)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 pm

A unit's move drops to 0 when it enters a square adjacent to an enemy, but it can still move at least 1 square each turn. Starting next to an enemy doesn't impact your move unless you're totally surrounded and have no open squares.

Seeing as how Faith could move a single square to U7, and Buffy and Rona could move to T6, T7, or T8 (calm only negates actions, not moves), I'm not sure what the benefit of this move is.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:39 pm

Neeeeevermind, I was remembering the rules correctly but I wasn't thinking space properly. Sorry....
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 am

MarbitChow wrote:
0beron wrote:Sooooo...do we have orders ready? or should I do that tonight?
I had planned to do phases 19 and 18 shortly, based on previous posts.

I'm going to assume you meant my earlier post where I laid out my suggestions. I'm going to formalize the orders for the melee here.

I'd like to have all the W, WH, WA, and SA units in the 2 full dance-fighting stacks. The 3rd stack is made of the 4 S units and the 3 dancing bodyguards.

I would like to have Tyler move his mount one square to the left, creating a 2x2 square that my mount will get into. I'll get dropped off in the square recently vacated in the 3rd rank (U22, I believe).

Only WH02 and WH03 have orders to maintain dodge no matter what. WH01, WH04, the WA units, and the SA units get orders to maintain dodge until they get the chance to attack or strike a non-dodging enemy target. The other melee units (the mounts, the W units, the S units, and Tod) are told to stop dodging immediately and to attack or strike anything that gets into range.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:48 am

Turn 9 - Assault on Dis City - Round 4, Phase 19 to 14

The elves appear to be preparing to storm the gate. They've shifted into position, and spent some time killing heck pups.

Gate Notes: Gate is 1/2 open on Phase 18, and 1/4 open on Phases 17 through 13. It closes on Phase 12.

Towers: 0 (of 18) Energy. Three spell slots free.
Tower 1: 70 Hits. Tower 2: 31 Hits.

Exterior View

Interior View

Player Stats & Darkness Units
Spoiler: show
Rolf (Werebiscuit): 32 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
William Showend Tell (BLANDCorporatio): 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Strike/Attack, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits)
Cupid (HerbieRai): 20 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Yuri (Exate): 35 Hits; (Ward-16); Potion of Healing Ward
T. Coil (ETheBoyce): 22 Hits; 5 (of 32) Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits), Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20) x2, Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew
Bill (The Colonel): 16 Hits; 11 (of 47(+8)) Juice; (Ward-16); Scroll: Revitalize, Scroll: Renew, Scroll: Regenerate, Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Tod (Swodaems): 24 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Renew (Heal 16 Hits) Delayed-Action
Triage (WaterMonkey314): 22 Hits; 10 (of 35) Juice; (Ward-16); Potion: Restore Juice (Restore 20)
Vinny Starcall (0beron) : 4 Hits; 6 (of 8) Juice; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Fire Delayed-Action
Brick Wall (Lord of Monies) : 22 Hits; (Ward-16); Cloak : Negate Attack/Strike Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Wandereus: 36 Hits; (Ward-8); Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2 Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Junetta: 16 Hits; 44 (of 59) Juice; (Ward-8)
(Note: See reference page for full PC and NPC stats for above units.)

Rowan (WL01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2 Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Tyler (WL02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2 Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Lian (WL03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Leadership] (Ward-16) Potion: Minor Ward, Potion: Revitalize x2 Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Erick (WH01): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Colby (WH02): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Donovan (WH03): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Joe (WH04): Warrior {Level 2, 6 XP} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 21 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Heavy] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Ruben (WB01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Edgar (WB02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Salvador (WB03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Casey (WA01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Phillip (WA02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Sergio (W01): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Marvin (W02): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Chris (W03): Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Tony (SA01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 20 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Jeffrey (SA02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 20 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Devon (SA03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 20 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Jonas (SA04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 7 Defense / 20 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy, Well-Protected] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Larry (S01): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Jaydon (S02): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Jimmy (S03): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Brett (S04): Spearman {Level 1, 0 XP, 2 AP Banked} [ 5 Combat / 4 Defense / 12 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Strike. Specials: Dance Fighting] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Eduardo (ZA01): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Brendan (ZA02): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Terry (ZA03): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Malik (ZA04): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Darius (ZA05): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)
Byron (ZA06): Archer {Level 0, -5 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire.] (Ward-16)

Comet : (DF-8) Dark Flier {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 4 Combat / 4 Defense / 8 Hits. Fire. Special: Fly] (Ward-16) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Bert (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Ernie (Royal Guard): Warrior {Level 3, 18 XP} [ 5 Combat / 8 Defense / 70 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Heavy, Guard, Interpose, and Bodyguard] (Ward-16) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Naughty Kitty (Tod's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Naughty Kitty (Wandereus') {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Naughty Kitty (T. Coil's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-16)
Naughty Kitty (Rowan's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Naughty Kitty (Tyler's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action
Naughty Kitty (Lian's) {Level 1, 0 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 40 Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount.] (Ward-8) Delayed-Move Delayed-Action

Heck Pup (Hp03) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)
Heck Pup (Hp04) {Level 1, 0 XP} [6 Combat / 6 Defense / 16 Hits / Attack. 14 {12} Move. Special : Pyrohalitosis, Agile, Beast.] (Ward-8)

Skeleton SA1: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA2: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA3: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA4: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA5: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA6: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA7: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA8: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]
Skeleton SA9: Archer [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / Fire. 8 {8} Move. Special: Skeleton, Well-Armed ]

BS 1 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 2 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 3 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 8 Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]
BS 4 - Brickabat Swarm [ 0 Combat / 1 Defense / 2 (of 8) Hits. No attack. Special: Screen, Inhuman.]

Reginald (Cmd): Garrison Warrior {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 5 Combat / 5 Defense / 14 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Specials: Leadership] (Ward-16)
Abe (GA01): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Barry (GA02): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Chad (GA03): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 7 Combat / 3 Defense / 18 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Beefy] (Ward-16)
Dave (GA04): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16) (Lucky Streak:2)
Ed (GA05): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-16)
Frank (GA06): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-8)
Gary (GA07): Garrison Archer {Level 1, 0 XP} [ 10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Specials: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed] (Ward-8)

Screen - Brickabat Swarm can negate a single Fire attack against any adjacent target, at the cost of 1 Hit. Cannot be targeted by Fire, Strike, or non-AoE Spells.

Enemy Stats
Armolad: Archer {Level 5} [ 11 Combat / 11 Defense / 34 Hits. Fire, Quick-shot. Special: Leadership, Improved Leadership, Dance Fighting, Beefy] { Ward-16 } Cloak : Negate Hiya/Hoboken, Potion: Ward, Potion: Renew x2
Amandaria : Fryahovar {Level 3} [ 18 Combat / 20 Defense / 60 Hits. 14 {24} Move. Strike. Special : Beast, Heavy, Mount, Mighty Blow x2, Dance Fighting ] { Ward-16 }

AE04 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 1 (of 4) Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry] Delayed-Action Dodging
AE07 : Altruistic Elf { Level 1 } [ 0 Combat / 5 Defense / 4 Hits. Special: Healing Touch, Dying Cry] (Ward-16) Delayed-Action Dodging

SE09 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
SE13 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
SE15 : Spearmen { Level 1 } : [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 20 Hits. Strike. Special: Beefy, Guard, Interpose, Bodyguard] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging

WE06 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE07 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
WE08 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE09 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE10 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 }
WE11 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Action
WE12 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Action
WE13 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Action
WE14 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Action Dodging
WE15 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Action Dodging
WE16 : Warrior { Level 1 } : [8 Combat / 5 Defense / 22 Hits. Attack. Special: Dance Fighting, Well-Armed, Beefy] { Ward-8 } Delayed-Action Dodging

Objay Dart : Faery Fire attack inflicts an additional 1 Hit damage that ignores defenses.
Healing Touch - Any adjacent friendly units heal 8 Hits at the start of each round.
Dying Cry - If slain by an enemy, every member of the Altruistic Elf's side in the hex gains a +2 Combat / +1 Defense Inspiration Bonus until the start of their next Turn. Dying Cry Inspiration Bonuses are cumulative.

Charlie's Units
Buffy : Archon {Level 3} [15 Combat / 15 Defense / 59 Hits. Fire. 12 {24} Move. Special : Spell Sense, Flight, Heavy, Foolamancy(Projection), Leadership(1), Dance Fighting ] Calm
Faith : Archon {Level 2} [14 Combat / 14 Defense / 31 (of 39) Hits. Fire. 12 {20} Move. Special : Spell Sense, Flight, Heavy, Foolamancy(Crypsis), Shockamancy(Hiya) ]
Rona : Archon {Level 2} [14 Combat / 14 Defense / 39 Hits. Fire. 12 {20} Move. Special : Spell Sense, Flight, Heavy, Shockamancy(Hiya), Thinkamancy(Thinkagram) ]

Results
Tenebris Stacks :

Tod: Leads Will, Rolf, Cupid, T. Coil, Hp01, Hp02, Hp03. (+5 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)
Yuri: Leads ZA01, ZA02, ZA03, ZA04, ZA05, Comet, Hp04. (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)
Wandereus: Leads GA01, GA02, GA03, GA04, GA05, GA06, GA07 (+3 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance)
Bill: Guides SK-1, SA1, SA2, SA3, SA4, SA5, SA6, SA7, SA8, SA9, LU01, LU03, LU014, LU05 (+4 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord)

Rowan (WL01): Erick (WH01), Colby (WH02), Donovan (WH03), Joe (WH04), Casey (WA01), Tony (SA01) (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance Fighting)
Tyler (WL02): Phillip (WA02), Sergio (W01), Marvin (W02), Chris (W03), Jeffrey (SA02), Devon (SA03), Jonas (SA04) (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance Fighting)
Lian (WL03): Ruben (WB01), Larry (S01), Jaydon (S02), Jimmy (S03), Brett (S04), Edgar (WB02), Salvador (WB03) (+2 Leadership, +2 Chief Warlord, +4 Dance Fighting)

Elven Inspiration: +10 Combat / +5 Defense; Elven Warriors now act on phase 18. Elven Spearmen now act on phase 15.

-- Round 3 --

Phase 19
----------

WE08: Attack @ Gate
Roll : 8. 26 Combat - 20 Defense = 6 Hits.(Gate:44)

WE09: Attack @ Gate
Roll : 7. 25 Combat - 20 Defense = 5 Hits.(Gate:39)

WE10: Attack @ Gate
Roll : 6. 24 Combat - 20 Defense = 4 Hits.(Gate:35)

WE11: Attack @ Gate
Roll : 6. 24 Combat - 20 Defense = 4 Hits.(Gate:31)

WE12: Attack @ Gate
Roll : 11. 29 Combat - 20 Defense = 9 Hits.(Gate:22)

WE13: Attack @ Gate
Roll : 5. 23 Combat - 20 Defense = 3 Hits.(Gate:19)

Phase 18
----------
Elven warriors shift positions - some moving to attack the Heck Pups, others positioning themselves in front of the gate. (WE07 can finally move forward.)

WE08: Attack @ Hp01
Roll : 10. 18 Combat + (4 Dance Fighting + 10 Inspiration) - (6 Defense + 5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) = 19 Hits. Target slain.

WE09: Attack @ Hp01
Target already slain

WE06: Attack @ Hp02
Roll : 10. 18 Combat + (4 Dance Fighting + 10 Inspiration) - (6 Defense + 5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) = Ward destroyed. 11 Hits.

WE10: Attack @ Hp02
Roll : 6. 14 Combat + (4 Dance Fighting + 10 Inspiration) - (6 Defense + 5 Leadership + 2 Chief Warlord) = 15 Hits. Target slain.

Phase 14
----------
Rona: Hiya @ AE05
Roll : 5. 19 Combat + 1 Leadership = Ward destroyed. 4 Hits. Target slain.
The altruist elf's dying cry inspires her side! (Inspiration bonus is now +12 Combat / +6 Defense.)

Faith: Hiya @ AE04
Roll : 4. 18 Combat + 1 Leadership = Ward destroyed. 3 Hits.

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:50 am

PHEW, that was close to being 2 Alt Elves downed. Triage, heal and re-ward that lucky elf!

Also, our next targets should be the Spearmen. Presumably they're guarding, and they can also attack the Gate with Strike.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am

WE07 is still listed as having a delayed move, but to get to its current position, it would have had to use its phase 18 move. (It was one of the units that went after WH05.)

And you appear to have forgotten the 1.5 damage multiplier (rounded up) on our unbarred gate. I think the gate only has 3 health left.

The fact that the warriors that attacked the heck pups had full +4 dance-fighting bonuses is interesting. That means that the warriors have likely split themselves into 2 stacks of 8 and 3.

When the 2 remaining heck pups get their next move, I think they should use it to run away. The fight may be winding down, but I think it will drag out for a couple rounds in game. (Hopefully only a few days out in real life.) If we use them to attack immediately, we'll likely lose them, but if we wait until later, they can still help out at the gate and survive. Provided that their path doesn't get any more blocked before phase 6, the heck pups should be able to reach Q5 and R5 with their next move. In those squares, they are safe from melee attack, but can still reach the gate squares in the next round.

The elves appear reluctant to breach the gate and come inside. Maybe they are worried about getting double attacked by units with delayed actions. Regardless of reason, I think we should make them pay for that reluctance. We can start by having Cupid and Yuri fire on two of the elves that attacked the gate (the rightmost two). If the other 4 that attacked the gate are still there at phase 10, they draw the fire of every archer we have that gets new actions at phase 10.

MarbitChow, could a unit in S25 (roof level) use a ladder to move down into T24 (ground level)? If the warriors are in the gate squares at phase 10, I may want the 4 com 19 garrison archers in the Q25, R25, U25, and V25 squares so they can fire at the door squares.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am

Swodaems wrote:you appear to have forgotten the 1.5 damage multiplier (rounded up) on our unbarred gate. I think the gate only has 3 health left.
Before I updated the results, I reread the rules as written. The rules only specify that siege units get the multiplier. Elven warriors don't have siege, so they're not eligible. :)

Swodaems wrote:MarbitChow, could a unit in S25 (roof level) use a ladder to move down into T24 (ground level)? If the warriors are in the gate squares at phase 10, I may want the 4 com 19 garrison archers in the Q25, R25, U25, and V25 squares so they can fire at the door squares.
Yes. Changing elevation, either through flight or ladders, costs 1 square of movement descending and 2 squares ascending. The tower ladders span 2 elevations, while the northern-most ladder only spans 1.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:44 am

Um Swod, are you sure you want to attack Warriors? They have BODYGUARD Spearmen next to them, I think we should be focusing those first.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games