Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Nnelg wrote:Please take that order back, tigerus... If you move there, there won't be enough room for everyone on the wrong side of Melissa to fall back. And then someone will die, because they'll have three jailers attacking them at once.
You're aware that you can pass through squares that contain an ally without penalty, correct? There are plenty of open squares within each of their move.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Nnelg... I'm not sure you understand the movement rules. Allies units do not pose obstacles to movement of other allied units. Otherwise how do you think those units will get past Melissa who appears to be blocking the corridor?

Oh, so you mean I carefully plotted everyone's manuevers so that everyone would have a clear path to do what they needed to do for no reason? :lol:

Werebiscuit wrote:Also currently the only way to get to the square in front of Whump is to bull rush as Kilroy stop movement at the square diagonally adjacent to him without anyone bull rushing. So it would be hard to get 3 on 1 attacks

You forget their delayed actions. Each of those guards is going to get to go twice before any of us gets another action.

Ok, guys, we have two possibilities. The difference is in the amount of danger to Whump, Zed2, and Kilroy, so I'll let their players determine which one to use.

1. Everyone in front of Melissa falls back. Zed2 buffs Melissa's Defence, and we let her tank everything while the archers and casters pick the enemy off one-by-one.

2. Whump closes in to attack GD1. With Zed2 Gaurding him, he has less over 97% chance of survival even if the Dog doesn't go down this turn (which it has a small, but not-insignificant chance of doing). In this plan though, the marbit jailers will be pounding Zed2 and Kilroy continuously, and they have a significant chance of death.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Kilroy doesn't mind dying really so option 2 is fine for him. Of course he'd prefer to stay alive though. And I think Zed-too is positively quaking in his boots.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Nnelg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Don't worry, even in option two you're going to pull back behind Melissa as soon as that golem's dead. It's only a mater of if you'll survive that long.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:46 am

WaterMonkey314 wrote:And I think Zed-too is positively quaking in his boots.

Obviously.

Nnelg wrote:Don't worry, even in option two you're going to pull back behind Melissa as soon as that golem's dead. It's only a mater of if you'll survive that long.

Well, that's encouraging.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 am

I mean, he was originally going to be a disposable NPC before, but I'm glad he isn't cause he's much more interesting being an alt-PC
CroverusRaven

Postby Nnelg » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

Hm... In that case, I have a plan in mind. I'll post it up later today, when I have time.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Nnelg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:19 pm

Well, so much for "later today"...

Melissa & WW: Attack GD1.
Kilroy: Stop Dodging (unless that would not prevent a jailer from moving into O13), Strike any marbit that moves adjacent as soon as it stops dodging (if Kilroy is still dodging, wait until the jailers' first attack has gone off before attacking). Phase 5: Move to M11, Block and attack any marbit that comes adjacent (unless severely wounded, in which case fall back to M7 and dodge).
Regus: Move to L9 and delay action. If Kilroy is too wounded and has to fall back in Phase 5, take his place holding the gap at M11.
Rudy: Move to M10 and Fire at GD1.
Zed2: Prepare to Bull Rush any marbit that moves to M13. Phase 5: Move to L11 and dodge.
Whump: Withdraw to L8 (might as well dodge while you're at it).
Fort: Fire at GD1
Nemo: Fire at GD1 (x2)

I'm sorry, I got distracted with things. I've also done the math now and found that it's far too risky to stay out there, so everyone's withdrawing. Regus is coming up to fill the gap, and if we have time we can later swap Wegio out for whomever has the least hits left (sorry Whump, as a Heavy you can't ride mounts).

The plan is that we'll let Melissa tank these guys, while the archers and Wegio do dps. (These orders should carry us through the entire round.)
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Sounds fine for me. Kinda wish we had a healer in this group. I'm sure once the two groups meet up, seeing Whump in action with a healer keeping him up and whumping will be pretty awesome.
CroverusRaven

Postby bob the 6th » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 pm

but how many round will it take for him to ready an ubercharge?

Seems legit, but I wonder what anexa will be doing?
bob the 6th

Postby Nnelg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 am

I only gave instructions for the rest of this round, and Anexa won't be able to go again until the next.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:10 am

Nnelg wrote:I only gave instructions for the rest of this round, and Anexa won't be able to go again until the next.

Yeah, kinda stuck in limbo for a couple of pages (read days) after attacking...but I'm still here waiting :D
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:55 pm

OOC: There's only so many days that Zed-too is able to quake in fear. After about 300 of them, melancholic apathy descends./OOC

Grudgingly, Zed-too prepares to follow the orders for a Bullrush, should one of the Beefy marbits move forth. He readies his shield at Marbit face-level, because Marbit goolie-level is a bit too low, and Zed too is unsure whether Marbits even have goolies. He knows he does though, and he'd rather keep them behind the shield for now.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:26 am

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex (Broked Doors) - Round 1, Phases 9 through 7

Things do not go well for Tenebris this round, as two of their number are struck down, although Kilroy does manage to get in one exceptional attack in his brief life.

(OOC: I did not execute all orders that Nnelg had specified, since the battlefield has changed significantly.)

Tenebris Karma : -9

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them.
The rubble that used to be the doors costs 1 additional move to enter the square.
Reminder: All units (except Melissa) have 1 Overland (Hex) Move remaining. Melissa has Overland (Hex) 5 Move remaining.
The "foggy" area indicates that the tunnel turns, but you cannot tell what is beyond it from your current positions.

Tenebris Units
Spoiler: show
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1) Delayed-Action Dodging
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 9 (of 12) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.] Delayed-Action Dodging
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting] Coordinating: Anex
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / -2 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy] Croaked
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 1 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended]
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 18 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose] Interposing/Guarding: Melissa
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / -1 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Block] Croaked
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] Supporting: Rudy
Melissa : Naughty Kitty {Level 1, 2 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 33 (of 40) Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount]

Enemy Units
Guard Plush Puppy (GD1) {Warrior Lvl 2} : [10 Combat / 8 Defense / 13 (of 42) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy, Well-Armed, Construct] (Lesser Curse:1)

Marbit Jailer (Mb1) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 11 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy]
Marbit Jailer (Mb2) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy]
Marbit Jailer (Mb3) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy]

Results
-- Round 1 --

Tenebris Stacks :
Regus: Leads Rudy, Whumo, Wegio, Zed-Too, Kilroy, Anex, Melissa (+1 Leadership)

Phase 9
----------
The Marbits advance down the corridor. Kilroy stops dodging to prevent them from advancing.

Mb1: Move to P13, Attack @ Kilroy
Roll : 7. 15 Combat - (8 Defense + 3 Block + 1 Leadership) = 3 Hits. (Kilroy:10)

Mb2: Move to P12, Attack @ Kilroy
Roll : 8. 16 Combat - (8 Defense + 3 Block + 1 Leadership) = 4 Hits. (Kilroy:6)

Mb3: Move to Q13

Melissa: Attack @ GD1
Roll : 6.
Roll (Melissa-Lesser Boost): 8. 17 Comabt + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 10 Hits. (GD1:32)
Melissa - (Lesser Boost:0). Tenebris gains -2 Karma.

Kilroy: Attack @ Mb1
Roll : 11 (CRITICAL SUCCESS). 16 Combat + (1 Leadership + 4 Critical - 2 Block) - (8 Defense) = 11 Hits. (Mb1:11)

Regus: Move to L9

Phase 8
----------
Mb1: Move to O13

Zed-Too: Bull-rush @ Mb1
Zed-Too Roll: 7.
Mb1 Roll: 8. Bull rush fails.

Mb1: Move to O13, Attack @ Whump
Roll : 9. 17 Combat - (7 Defense + 1 Leadership) = 9 Hits. Target slain.

Mb2: Attack @ Kilroy
Roll : 7. 15 Combat - (8 Defense + 3 Block + 1 Leadership) = 3 Hits. (Kilroy:3)

Mb3: Move to P13, Attack @ Kilroy
Roll : 8. 16 Combat - (8 Defense + 3 Block + 1 Leadership) = 4 Hits. Target slain.

Wegio: Attack @ GD1
Roll : 9. 17 Combat - (8 Defense) = 9 Hits. (GD1:23)
Roll (GD1-Lesser Curse): 6. No effect.

Phase 7
----------
Rudy: Move to M10, Fire @ GD1
Roll : 10. 17 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 10 Hits. (GD1:13)
Roll (GD1-Lesser Curse): 5. No effect.

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
(Edit1: added OOC comment, removed obsolete information)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:18 am

"Are you happy now? You have claimed the life of two soldiers. We'd like our goblin now!"
WhirdCheese

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 am

Anex nearly bites her tongue on hearing Fortunes

What ? Now ? That's as bad a sending them to their deaths in the first place !

Wegio Ride down those Marbits !
*prepares to wind up a mighty blow and unleash it against the plush puppy*
Werebiscuit

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:58 am

"Oh boop, oh boop, oh boop!"

OOC: I lost track of whether a player is left PC-less, but if that's the case, you're welcome to take over the brave, brave Zed-too. Or William if you like. Nah I'm just kidding, Will is mine. But seriously, if there's someone with 0PCs, then have one of mine, namely Zed-too.

If everyone has their PCs, then ... well, fallback in the corridor I guess? So that we don't have to fight a puppy on one side and two/three beefy Marbits on the other?

(EDIT: assuming the archers aren't SURE of downing the puppy ASAP.)
/OOC
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:OOC: I lost track of whether a player is left PC-less, but if that's the case, you're welcome to take over the brave, brave Zed-too. Or William if you like. Nah I'm just kidding, Will is mine. But seriously, if there's someone with 0PCs, then have one of mine, namely Zed-too.

If everyone has their PCs, then ... well, fallback in the corridor I guess? So that we don't have to fight a puppy on one side and two/three beefy Marbits on the other?

(EDIT: assuming the archers aren't SURE of downing the puppy ASAP.)
/OOC

OOC Yeah same goes for Anex, I've already said Anex is up for grabs, if there's a new player wants to join...or like Croverusraven, if you've lost your PC. I already have one in Rolf in the original.

Even Anex can't down the puppy before it strikes again, but WE can make sure it doesn't get another strike. Leaving just the Marbits. /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby Nnelg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Marbit, wouldn't Mb1 be dodging at the time Zed2 bull rushed him?
(I was under the impression that dodging doesn't go away until a unit uses its action unless willingly dropped, which the jailer wouldn't have any special reason to do...)

Also, Regus shouldn't have a delayed move. (Oh, and Nemo should have Fired at GD1 already.)

Even if this is the correct result:

I was afraid this might happen... But I did plan for it.

Everyone is to proceed as ordered. The only change I would make at this point is that Regus should not move to M11 until a Marbit has both moved to N12 and used its action.

We're still going to use Melissa as a tank to press forwards.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Far away, Triage feels a sudden chill in his spine, as if... well, if a part of him had suddenly been felled...

RIP Kilroy...
WaterMonkey314

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games