Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby balder » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:08 am

New One is up.
User avatar
balder
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Keighvin1 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:17 am

So it seems Olive is in charge of Haffaton, though not the Overlord.
Keighvin1
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Azukar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:19 am

Oh. Crap.

So step one, absolute revulsion at the idea that those flowers are an addictive drug (so much for any lingering thought I had that Hippiemancy was about peace and love!), then second, Oh. Crap.

Also where did Olive go? If Jillian saw what was in the field of flowers, it was surely because Olive wanted her to.

Wait, also also, Jillian Banhammer now? Have the Retconjurers been to work, or what?
Last edited by Azukar on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
---

-Az
Azukar
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:50 am
Location: Australia - NSW

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Nnelg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:20 am

Poppies... Poppies will put them to sleep...

Wow, talk about your sudden and unexpected turns. xD
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
User avatar
Nnelg
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 pm
Location: Internets the World of Webs

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby atalex » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:31 am

That was nine kinds of creepy. Olive is now officially scarier than Book 2 Wanda.
atalex
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Sixty » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:38 am

Daaamn, Hippiemancers are scary as hell.
User avatar
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:03 am
Location: Salisbury, Maryland

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby vintermann » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:43 am

This is very odd behavior of Olive. Jillian is extremely dangerous, after all (killing armies with chopsticks dangerous). Presumably there's no-engage hippiemancy at work, but Jillian has proved herself very resourceful in working around such restrictions (as well as in escaping the first time around). Strange that she let Jillian get so close to the ruler - unless someone else has been designated heir already.
User avatar
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 5:01 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Justyn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:45 am

Azukar wrote:Oh. Crap.

So step one, absolute revulsion at the idea that those flowers are an addictive drug (so much for any lingering thought I had that Hippiemancy was about peace and love!), then second, Oh. Crap.

Also where did Olive go? If Jillian saw what was in the field of flowers, it was surely because Olive wanted her to.

Wait, also also, Jillian Banhammer now? Have the Retconjurers been to work, or what?


I think it's more likely that Banhammer is/was her "real" name, and Zamussels is the name she'd use as not to link her to to King Banhammer.
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Zeku » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 am

Yep, good update.

But cmon guys, we knew flower power wasn't going to be joy and sunshine. Power is power, it can always be used both ways.

My current theory is that every story arc we've seen is from relatively early in Erfworld's existence. No one in Erf has figured out that uncroaked are the "scissors" to flower power's "paper." This explains why Haffaton has been able to steamroll everyone, the metagame isn't resolved yet. I'm very curious to discover what "rock" will easily defeat uncroaked or decrypted.

The reason that so many exploits remain for Parson to discover, is because this world just hasn't been around that long. Parson is uniquely suited to finding those exploits because of his Stupidworld gaming, but he is not inherently special in a way that Erfworld residents are not.
Zeku
 
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:35 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Whispri » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 am

Dorothy!!!!! The Emeral City!!!!! No way!!!!!

vintermann wrote:This is very odd behavior of Olive. Jillian is extremely dangerous, after all (killing armies with chopsticks dangerous). Presumably there's no-engage hippiemancy at work, but Jillian has proved herself very resourceful in working around such restrictions (as well as in escaping the first time around). Strange that she let Jillian get so close to the ruler - unless someone else has been designated heir already.

That could be the intent.
Last edited by Whispri on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby No one in particular » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 am

Zeku wrote:Yep, good update.
My current theory is that every story arc we've seen is from relatively early in Erfworld's existence. No one in Erf has figured out that uncroaked are the "scissors" to flower power's "paper." This explains why Haffaton has been able to steamroll everyone, the metagame isn't resolved yet. I'm very curious to discover what "rock" will easily defeat uncroaked or decrypted.

How are uncroaked the scissors? When Olive first showed up, Wanda's Fellows couldn't hurt Haffaton units anymore than Tommy could.

Also, blue flowers... A Scanner Darkly reference?

I'm wondering if Olive is dead now. She tried to take on Jack and he Fooled her into walking over a cliff or something.

Seriously, Olive being dead is the only reason I can imagine Jillian could wander at all.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
User avatar
No one in particular
 
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Location: Nowhere Atoll

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby vintermann » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 am

Whatever happens, I hope Haffaton/Olive don't go all Admiral Thrawn on us (anticipating that everyone was anticipating what they were anticipating and somehow implausibly ending up getting everything as they want it).
User avatar
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 5:01 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby hajo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 am

No one in particular wrote:Olive being dead is the only reason I can imagine Jillian could wander at all.

Maybe Olive is just busy somewhere, and couldn't get back in time to replace the flower.
Or Jillian awoke earlier than usual, maybe the effect of the flower on her is weaking / Jillian is building up a resistance faster than common, low-level people...

So, unless there is a heir, the end of Haffaton is just an arm's length away from Jillian now ? :shock:
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
User avatar
hajo
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 pm
Location: DE

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Whispri » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:26 am

How can Faq survive after this? How can they avoid being found and obliterated?

I'm thinking 'Zamussels' is a name Gillian uses when she's either working in the field or snubbing her father.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Lemarc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:47 am

Whispri wrote:
vintermann wrote:This is very odd behavior of Olive. Jillian is extremely dangerous, after all (killing armies with chopsticks dangerous). Presumably there's no-engage hippiemancy at work, but Jillian has proved herself very resourceful in working around such restrictions (as well as in escaping the first time around). Strange that she let Jillian get so close to the ruler - unless someone else has been designated heir already.

That could be the intent.

Dorothy could disband Olive or any other Haffaton unit with a thought. Olive would have to be crazy to let an enemy unit get close enough to speak with her.
Lemarc
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby doran » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 am

Lemarc wrote:
Whispri wrote:
vintermann wrote:This is very odd behavior of Olive. Jillian is extremely dangerous, after all (killing armies with chopsticks dangerous). Presumably there's no-engage hippiemancy at work, but Jillian has proved herself very resourceful in working around such restrictions (as well as in escaping the first time around). Strange that she let Jillian get so close to the ruler - unless someone else has been designated heir already.

That could be the intent.

Dorothy could disband Olive or any other Haffaton unit with a thought. Olive would have to be crazy to let an enemy unit get close enough to speak with her.


But if she disbands Olive, then who will tend and create those wonderful flowers...?
Image
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
User avatar
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby vintermann » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:33 am

Lemarc wrote:Dorothy could disband Olive or any other Haffaton unit with a thought.


She could, but she doesn't exactly seem the type, does she?
User avatar
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 5:01 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby CordialLupine » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:14 am

Follow the yellow brick road~~

Becomes more creepy because Dorothy is a drug addict. She's a complete puppet to Olive.
CordialLupine
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby Deuce » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:24 am

CordialLupine wrote:Follow the yellow brick road~~

Becomes more creepy because Dorothy is a drug addict. She's a complete puppet to Olive.


So will Jillian get a case of The Existential Blues?

Poppies . . . Poppies . . . poppies . . .
Deuce
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:11 am

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 050

Postby LogicsFate » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 am

hajo wrote:
No one in particular wrote:Olive being dead is the only reason I can imagine Jillian could wander at all.

Maybe Olive is just busy somewhere, and couldn't get back in time to replace the flower.
Or Jillian awoke earlier than usual, maybe the effect of the flower on her is weaking / Jillian is building up a resistance faster than common, low-level people...

So, unless there is a heir, the end of Haffaton is just an arm's length away from Jillian now ? :shock:


Or maybe this is just a hippiemancers form of a Jail. A place where a persons only real jailer is themselves and their addiction. A nice little twist on a prison with freedom and peace in mind.
LogicsFate
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:34 am

Next

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ashendant and 7 guests