Fight for survival (Started)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Fight for survival (Started)

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 am

The sides Sofa and Foxmud have been fighting a bloody war for many turns. Out of this chaos a new side has arised. Unfortunatly for them though this new side captured its first city. The only city contested by Foxmud and Sofa. Bearing this in mind the new side that the overlord has decided to call ERFNESS has begun popping new units. Scouts are reporting back though that both of the surrounding sides have sent invassion forces both of which will be here in five turns.

Everyone chooses either warlord or caster. If a caster then I will roll randomly to decide your dicipline. If a warlord I will roll to randomly decide a special.

Caster Disciplines
Thinkamancy - gives comunication spells
Dirtamacy - gives access to trap creation
Luckamancy - gives ablity to change rolls in your stack
Moneymancy - gives faster schmucker production to city you are in
Mathamancy - gives odds of single combat winners
Turnamancy - allows city you are in to produce units faster
Flower Power - gives ability to force units to stand down
Deletionism - Grants ability to once per turn destroy one unit your stack is in combat with
Rhyme-O-Mancy - If you can rhyme it you can do it. Some unintended consequences
Cwoakamancy - Allows raising of dead units

Warlord specials
Stabber Leader - All stabbers in your stack gain +1 combat/+1 defence in addition to the normal bonuses
Piker Leader - All pikers in your stack gain +1 combat/+1 defence in addition to the normal bonuses
Archer Leader - All archers in your stack gain +1 combat/+1 defence in addition to the normal bonuses
Knight Leader - All knights in your stack gain +1 combat/+1 defence in addition to the normal bonuses
Ally Leader - All natural allies in your stack gain +1 combat/+1 defence in addition to the normal bonuses
Mount Leader - All mounts and mounted units in your stack gain +1 combat/+1 defence in addition to the normal bonuses
Quick Leader - All units in your stack get +1 move
Tough Leader - All units in your stack get +1 defense
Strong Leader - All units in your stack get +1 combat

All Warlords choose a class as well
Stabber - 3 Combat 4 defense 10 move 7 hits
Piker - 5 combat 2 defense 9 move 6 hits
Archer - 7 combat 1 defense 11 move 6 hits
Knight - 2 combat 5 defense 8 move 8 hits

Casters have the following stats

2 combat 3 defense 12 move 5 hits

Other units that will become available are
Gobwin Infantry - Natural ally 4 combat 2 defense 13 move 6 hits 10 schmuckers
Horse - Mount 3 combat 5 defense 20 move 10 hits 23 schmuckers
Dwagon - Mount 20 combat 15 defense 25 move 20 hits 150 schmuckers
Stabber - 2 Combat 3 defense 10 move 7 hits 7 Schmuckers
Piker - 4 combat 1 defense 9 move 6 hits 7 Schmuckers
Archer - 6 combat 0 defense 11 move 6 hits 8 Schmuckers
Knight - 1 combat 4 defense 8 move 8 hits 10 Schmuckers

Others?

I'm not telling you how combat would work because that defeats the point of mathamancy. Work it out yourself.

I think this is it. Of course that means I'm missing something major. Complaints are apreciated.

1. Archer Warlord Stabber Leader "Arc"
2. Knight Warlord Quick Leader "Sir Hammertime"
3. Caster Rhym-o-mancy "Tim"
4. Caster Turnamancer "On Target"
5. Caster Cwoakamancer "James"
6. Knight Warlord Knight Leader " Knee"
7. Caster Dirtamancy "Nickolas A. Firebaugh"
Last edited by WhirdCheese on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
WhirdCheese

Re: Fight for survival

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 am

I shall be an Archer Warlord named Arc!
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:43 am

I'll be a Knight Warlord named Sir Hammertime
CroverusRaven

Postby The Colonel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:18 am

I wanna be a caster, named TIM!
The Colonel

Postby 0beron » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:39 am

Caster named.....On Target (pronounced "oon tarjay", like it's French)

EDIT: If we have a preponderance/excess of casters, and the DM wants things more balanced, I will be an Archer Warlord by the same name instead.
Last edited by 0beron on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 am

Caster by the name of James
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby tigerusthegreat » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:12 am

I will be a Knight named Knee, who can only say his name.
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby 0beron » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Heck yes, Turnamancer!
*also hint hint, the Titan has updated characters, for those of you who were waiting of a post to indicate he had* :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Ooooh, cwoakamancer. This should be fun.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby The Colonel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm

I have a way with words,
that can turn them into halberds,
So raise up your tankards,
Cause we just gained gold standards.
The Colonel

Postby bob the 6th » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Hell, a caster may be fun... love the options.

Nickolas A. Firebaugh, unrelated.
bob the 6th

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Btw, how many people you letting in on this thing cheese? When we thinking of starting too? Just curious. I like the little details.
Lord of Monies

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:08 pm

I'll take however many sign up but will be updating each night (Hopefully)

I'm starting on Friday
WhirdCheese

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Sir Hammertime and Knee shall make a great team!
CroverusRaven

Postby The Colonel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Why ye be ignoring my rhyming?
It is quite electrifying,
a bunch of people be dying,
to hear my sweet sighing.

yes, you all will have to put up with this because I got rhym-o-mancy.
The Colonel

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:47 pm

The Colonel wrote:yes, you all will have to put up with this because I got rhym-o-mancy.

I like these. And because of that your side gains one gold standard. You have no idea what it does. It's a mystery!
WhirdCheese

Postby The Colonel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 pm

A Mystery?
That I do agree,
Not knowing something gets me ornery,
So tell me or face my fury.

yes, I am being silly if the rhyming does not tip you off to it.
Last edited by The Colonel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 am

Calm yourself Tim. We shall learn in do time. Making haste can be good, this I know for sure. But best to wait for now, too fast and things become a blur.
CroverusRaven

Postby The Colonel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 am

Fine I shall heed your advice,
I have to agree, it's quite concise,
for now, not knowing must suffice,
But be wary before ignorance traps you in its vise.
The Colonel

Postby WhirdCheese » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 am

Now it's time for a city map

Level 0
Spoiler: show
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w G G w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w _ _ _ _w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w _ _ _ _
_ _ w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w _ _
_ w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w _
_ D _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ D _
_ w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w _

Level 1
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w _ _ _ _w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _w w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w _ _ _ _
_ _ w w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w _ _
_ w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w _
_ w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w _

Level 2
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w w w w_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ w _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ w _

Level -1
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ p p p p p p p p p p_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ < _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

For the record w's are walls and can't be passed. You may stand atop them on the level 2 to shoot arrows down but you have no crenelations.
> are stairs going down
< are stairs going up
G are gates. They are passable to allied units but not unfreinly's but can be battered down
D's are doors. They are passable to everyone. This is a level one city. Got to have some not so secret entrances
Last but not least p's are portal spaces. Casters may pass through to try and gain more casting suport or just to survive if things go poorly.
WhirdCheese

Next

Return to Your Games