Marbit Island - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:32 am

Hmm.. A few sword wielders would be good too. And maybe if some people that are killing creatures for rations could also turn the pelts into leather armor, that'd certainly help us beat them.
CroverusRaven

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 am

The thing is we won't have that much trouble over coming their defense. A 8 stack hits for 24 against their 14+2. And that's with no equipment. If we bring even a couple pieces of basic weaponry along we should be able to trounce them their. The bigger concern is their attack. 8 Marbits with shields is 40 defense. Anyway, if they have a hut that means that they producing too. Of course, they only have two axes and one hut, so we have the advantage. We just need to press it.

We'll also want to make sure that everyone is fed, before we charge into battle. Move*2 then stab*2. Hmm... I say we gather 8 shields, other weapons, have everyone pull their weight in food production for a turn then charge!
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:28 am

Anyone mind if I craft a helm for myself and lead the charge? I should be able to make something as small as a helm next turn as my first action, move over tot eh hex with everyone and then use an action to attack.

Otherwise I'll change my last action this round to make a helm.

Either way I'm offering to lead the charge.
CroverusRaven

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:18 am

I was kind of hoping to get that saw so I could start providing wood. Right now, I'm not all that productive in the item production part of our colony. A saw would allow me to provide a stream of wood.
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:21 am

You'll get the saw. IF it takes 2 actions to make then it'll eb done. If it takes one then I'll try making a helm out of Ore as well.
CroverusRaven

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 am

Makes sense. Yeah some equipables that don't go in hands will be nice.
Lamech

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:25 am

tigerusthegreat wrote:I just had an evil thought...one way to make the cipher ten times harder while still being a single substitution is to make a space be a character....we would overlook it. I doubt Dave is that evil, but it is something I will keep in mind for my players in future games.

That said, the spacing is a little arbitrary in the original image, I think we need to disregard it, even if that makes the whole thing harder

Indeed, at first glance the | and ¦ characters looked like spaces to me. However I'm not sure that works.
The thing about spaces is that they would be fairly regularly..erm..spaced. So they should be relatively easy to pick out.
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 am

Nnelg wrote:Well, I can't tell where the spaces are and I'm not completely certain that it's right... (For instance, subbing in the most obvious 'THE' seems to leave other words in unusual circumstances.)

Regardless, here it is:
Code: Select all
abcdeefdgegghijcghakhhlmnhbcgogjocapoahhqpakhaoaknamekhgjrsmhiajdgbeakakhaoakkhaktockharngsu

I deleted the spacing in Nnelg's substitution a to try to see a pattern of spaces. For that h or k looks like the most likely candidates but h leaves a 12 letter word at the beginning and k is worse so it's unlikely that either are a space. More Likely vowels. If a letter is a space then it should occur within the first 5 to 7 letters of the alphabet unless the message is unlucky enough to start with a seven letter word. A is the only letter that qualifies occurring 14 times, but again leaves a 17 letter gap between the first two appearances. So again it's unlikely to be a space. All the other letters up to G occur a maximum of 5 times. Leaving it unlikely that a single letter has been substituted for a space.

Kh occurs quite frequently, 5 times in fact, which is a lot more than some letters. The most obvious "THE" in the original (akh in Nnelg's substitution) occurs 3 times, however kha also occurs 3 times. E, G, H and K occur as double occurrences making them likely candidates for dd, ee, ff, gg, mm, oo, pp, ss and tt.
H appears twice as a double not counting spaces.

Individual letter occurences break down as a=15, b=3, c=5, d=3, e=5, f=1, g=9, h=13, i=2, j=4, k=10, l=1, m=3, o=6, p=2, q=1, r=2, s=2, t=1 and u=1
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:55 am

[I don't have time or energy to process tonight - we're looking at some time tomorrow my time - call it 18 hours from hence]

[[You might need that time to work on the runes]]
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 am

Unless I copied the one where the spacing is removed wrong, I get this

A H K G O C E J B N D M P R S I T F L Q U V W X Y Z
15 13 10 9 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

What letter could show up 15 times in a message roughly 90 characters long?
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:08 am

[It occurs to me that a helpful, generous, and details oriented Marbit might be able to compile a sequential list of Marbits, their actions, food, wood, and ore gathered, used, stored etc, in order to help me out and not delay the next turn by so much. Such a Marbit might find a little bonus in their level score... just a thought]
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:11 am

CroverusRaven wrote:Unless I copied the one where the spacing is removed wrong, I get this

A H K G O C E J B N D M P R S I T F L Q U V W X Y Z
15 13 10 9 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

What letter could show up 15 times in a message roughly 90 characters long?

You're right I miscounted the higher occurring numbers. I've edited my oringinal frequency statement
Werebiscuit

Postby The Colonel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:31 am

Yer welcome

Spoiler: show
M2 "Choppy" Create Sickle, Create Sickle, Give Sickle to M25 "Berry Good", Move SE

M5 Create a shieldx3 Finish Shieldx2

M6 Lippy Make shield, finish making shield, equip shield equip spear give M23 knife. If M24 giving him the spear automatically equips it for him he will observe the Otisbears to see what they eat (and their stats)

M8: Befriend M26 , Befriend M26, Tend Plant, tend plant, tend plant.

M10 "Otis" (MarbitChow) : Befriend M27 x2, Give Sword to M27, Equip Sword, Practice Sword

M11 will plant sapling, chop wood, chop wood, chop wood.

M13 Lucky Chop wood x 4

M14 Dig for Ore, Dig for Ore, Create Saw. and if creating the saw only takes 1 action Dig for more Ore

M15 "See Eff" : Make Shield x2, Equip Shield, Practice Sword

M16 (with spear): Tend plant Gather x3

M17 (With Axe): Chop wood x4

M18 Dig for Ore, Dig for Ore, Create Saw. create Helm

M20 "Isocates": Equip Shield, Examine Statue, Gather Food, Attack "Otisneck" (Yeah yeah yeah, I know... :lol: )

M21 "Iolol": Finish Spear, Equip Spear, Tend Plant, Attack "Otisneck".

M22 'Huggles'
Equip Finished Saw in place of berry (or if dropping the berry takes an action do that.)
Harvest Wood with saw (or equip Saw if not already equiped)
Tend Bush
Gather Food

Otherwise
Attempt Sharpenfang into knife
Attempt Sharpen fang into knife
Tend Bush
Gather Food

M23 Too Random II equips knife (if possible) and tends bushes.

M24 Loopy Make shield, finish making shield equip shield give M6 spear

M25 "Berry Good" Move SE, Harvest food, Harvest Food, clear bushes

M26 Gather fruit, Gather fruit, Gather fruit, Gather fruit,

M27 "Foo Baar" : Make Shield x2, Equip Shield, Practice Sword (or Equip Sword if Otis giving the sword doesn't automatically equip it)
Last edited by The Colonel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:36 am

Blast, Colonel beat me to it. And I realized I forgot to change my last action to create Helm instead of Dig for Ore. Oh well.
CroverusRaven

Postby The Colonel » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 am

Kindly edited it in for you. :D
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 am

Awesome-sauce

Which Cook should try making a meal out of some berries and see what happens next turn :idea:
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:45 am

The Colonel wrote:Yer welcome

M2 "Choppy" Create Sickle, Create Sickle, Give Sickle to M25 "Berry Good", Move SE

M6 Lippy Make shield, finish making shield, equip shield equip spear give M23 knife

M10 "Otis" (MarbitChow) : Befriend M27 x2, Give Sword to M27, Equip Sword, Practice Sword

M13 Lucky Chop wood x 4

M14 Dig for Ore, Dig for Ore, Create Saw. and if creating the saw only takes 1 action Dig for more Ore

M20 "Isocates": Equip Shield, Examine Statue, Gather Food, Attack "Otisneck" (Yeah yeah yeah, I know... :lol: )

M22 'Huggles'
Equip Finished Saw in place of berry (or if dropping the berry takes an action do that.)
Tend Bush
Gather Food

Otherwise
Tend Bush
Gather Food

M27 "Foo Baar" : Make Shield x2, Equip Shield, Practice Sword (or Equip Sword if Otis giving the sword doesn't automatically equip it)

CONGRATS COLONEL..BUT HE ALSO ASKED FOR A LIST OF WOOD, FOOD AND ORE IN EACH HEX. MORE WORK TO DO TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE ;)
Werebiscuit

Postby HerbieRai » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:47 am

The Colonel wrote:Yer welcome

M6 Lippy Make shield, finish making shield, equip shield equip spear give M23 knife

M13 Lucky Chop wood x 4

M22 'Huggles'
Tend Bush
Gather Food

Otherwise
Tend Bush
Gather Food

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but M14 is cook, and he spent his turn harvesting mushrooms, not digging for ore.
HerbieRai

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:48 am

CroverusRaven wrote:Awesome-sauce

Which Cook should try making a meal out of some berries and see what happens next turn :idea:

Berries ?..in a berry sauce ? genius ! :lol:
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 am

Werebiscuit wrote:
CroverusRaven wrote:Awesome-sauce

Berries ?..in a berry sauce ? genius ! :lol:
FERMENTATION.
What do we want? OTISBRAU.
When do we want it? RIGHT NOW.
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games