Fight for survival (Started)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Fight for survival

Postby Lord of Monies » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 am

James leans against a wall, pulling his trilby down over his eyes slightly. "Somebody call me if you find a body."
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Re: Fight for survival

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:42 am

The battle has been won! You now control the city of "WHAT NOW!". Your overlord comands all of you to join him on layer 2. Given that you have no chief warlord to countermand that order all of you do. Along with you is the goblin warlord and the Giant. The overlord calls out "It has come to my attention that we are in need of a chief warlord. As such I have reached a desision; Arc will be the chief warlord as he showed the most valor in our battle. Arc feels the whieght of responsibility press upon his shoulders. He also feels his intrinsic bonus to anyone he's stacked with rise to +4/+4. Any stabbers he's stacked with get +6/+6. He also gets the ability to choose what most of your side will pop. "I have also made the decision that James will be the chief caster. James feels nothing special. Perhaps he's not doing something right?Now. You have five turns to prepare for an attack. Our biggest issues will be if Sofa and Foxmud join forces together. Their combined forces will almost certainly bring us to ruin.

Rules
Spoiler: show
This will mostly be for schmucker generation and popping rules.

For each level that a city has it produces 100 schmuckers. Yours is currently a level one city.

For each level a city has Arc may pop 8 units.

For each level On Target has he may pop four units to his position.

Casters may head through the portal to attempt to get the casting abilities of casters of different types but the casters want to be payed.

If a moneymancer comes into play for each level he has 50 schmuckers appear in his purse at the begining of each turn.

A purse can hold up to 100 schmuckers per level.

You may choose to upgrade your city to a higher level but doing so will mean you gain noschmuckers from the city that turn.

Tactical information
Foxmud lies to the west, Sofa to the east

Both of them have a city near you.
Foxmud 15 hexes away
Sofa 17 hexes away

Any unit in a stack with a warlord gets an automatic +1/+1 to combat and defense per warlord level.

You can't have more than 8 units in a stack.

Stacks are divided into front row and back row. Both have four slots in them.

Stabbers can only attack units next to them
Pikers can attack any unit within 2 spaces (diagonals don't count)
Knights are like Stabbers
Archers can attack anything within 20 paces of them (diagonals don't count)
WhirdCheese

Re: Fight for survival (Started)

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:46 pm

So if we upgrade the City today can we still pop units? Can our Turnamancer? Will we get 200 Schmuckers next turn?
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:23 pm

You'll get 200 next turn.

Your turnamancer can pop units at any time. But he'll only have 32 schmuckers this first turn.
WhirdCheese

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:35 pm

The words ring out far enough to reach James and his current wall of choice. "Chief caster, huh? Sorry wall, parting is such sweet sorrow. Looks like I have work to do now." James finds his way to his new chief warlord Arc and walks up casually. Some might think his attitude was lazy and disrespectful, which he supposed wouldn't be a baseless assumption, but he would never shirk his Duty or Loyalty. He would simply say he worked at a pace that best suited him, which in turn would best suit his side.

"Chief Warlord." James addresses. See, he rationalises to himself, not disrespectful at all. "For lack of any materials I can use on our doorstep, it would seem I need to go and make some. Orders sir?"
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Arc was currently locked inside his own head attempting to do calculations; he was not prepared for the burden of leadership but he would do as best he could.

"A moment Chief Caster."

Arc shut his eyes to the world and his lips began to move silently as he made vague hand motions.

No upgrade gives us 500 and 5, 1 upgrade gives us 800 and 8, 2 upgrades give us 900 and 9, 3 upgrades gives us 800 and 8, 4 upgrades gives us 500 and 5. So 2 upgrades is numerically optimal and gives us an equal chance of striking out early...but will limit the Turnamancer's usefulness next turn...still that's only a half stack lost...so be it

Arc turns to their Ruler and the rest and opens his eyes. "Orders for the next 2 turns will be to upgrade the City. Casters you will hopefully know best how to use your talents and if you think you have no use in the city then you should see if the Magic Kingdom offer any advantages. Our current plan is to build up a strong enough force to take out one of the approaching armies before they can arrive. We currently have 3 stacks, we have enough schmuckers for Target to pop half a stack, next turn we'll likely not have the Schumckers to pop anything unless someone manages to do something clever. That is unfortunate but survivable, Turn 3 on we begin popping in earnest we'll be able to have 10.5 stacks on turn 4 which will hopefully give us enough power to crush one of them then returning here on Turn 5 to welcome the other side to their doom. Any questions?"

((OOC Edit: Question, how do mounts work with stacking?"
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:18 pm

For the record you haven't done any scouting yet. I just thought I should mention that.
WhirdCheese

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:30 pm

"Scouting is also a priority, we have 2 Mounts, one will go East one will go West, and upon them will ride Hammertime and Knee, try to avoid engagements if you can, though I imagine James would be most pleased if you could retrieve a corpse or two for him. The rest will scout around the city as best we can, I shall lead the North and our Gobwin ally the South."
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:40 pm

A mount counts as a member of a stack.
WhirdCheese

Postby 0beron » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:10 am

Ok, so how does popping work? I see the 8 units/city level and 4 units/my level....but are you saying they cost schmuckers to pop as well? Or is that cost listed just their upkeep?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:49 am

Your side has no upkeep.

Whenever something is popped it costs to schmuckers listed in the first post.
WhirdCheese

Postby The Colonel » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 am

Terrain is the name,
of the game of this plane,
so I use words arcane,
to create defensive terrain.

CHANGE THE TERRAIN, that I do,
with this rhyme anew,
I shall attempt to outdo,
the dirtamancer, through and through.
The Colonel

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:34 pm

You compleatly succeed! The terrain in and surounding your hex is now mountains! Any unit in this hex that began their turn there gains +3 to defense. There are no downsides to your side but it costs 3 move to enter any of these hexes for any other side!

100 on a 1d100 check. Nice job...
WhirdCheese

Postby The Colonel » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Well I see, we're now a mountain side,
I am unable to see much downside.

See my rhymes are skillful,
I think we should all be joyful,
About this new and useful,
Advantage so powerful.
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:39 pm

"Most impressive Ryhmeomancer. I greatly approve. I shall take a mount towards Sofa, as it's the further one and I can get farther than Knee. I will go as far as I can and avoid any combat. Perhaps if I could take some units with me, just in case I meet some enemy scouts I can slay and bring back. My troops move swiftly by my side."
CroverusRaven

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Awaiting orders...
WhirdCheese

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 am

Well I gave out scouting orders earlier, the Knight Commanders each take a Horse one goes East one goes West while the rest of the Units scout the surrounding area while the City gets Upgraded this Turn.

Edit: And the reason I have the other PCs going alone is because horses have 20 Move and the next highest Move is 10 <_<
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:52 am

My horse has 21!
:3
CroverusRaven

Postby The Colonel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 am

Rhyming my actions,
Is just too much trouble,