Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising - The New Batch

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Nnelg wrote:[b]Marbit, wouldn't Mb1 be dodging at the time Zed2 bull rushed him?
Nope. Note that Mb1 first moved to P13 on Phase 9, and attacked Kilroy. He then moved a single square to O13 on Phase 8 (which is all he could do, since that places him adjacent to an active enemy), and made the attack.

If Kilroy had continued to dodge on Phase 9, Mb1 could have raced past him to O13 on Phase 9, which would have triggered Zed2's bull rush at that point.

Nnelg wrote:Also, Regus shouldn't have a delayed move. (Oh, and Nemo should have Fired at GD1 already.)
I missed Nemo's delayed action; we'll include it in the next phase, since it doesn't change the current outcome. I've fixed Regus' status.
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:08 pm

Well... Guess that settles if I'm making a new character :?
Ready for that hippiemancer guys?
CroverusRaven

Postby 0beron » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:11 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Ready for that hippiemancer guys?

Please no...this side is obscenely saturated with casters, which inevitably means Marbit is balancing the NPC sides to counter this. And I gather Hippiemancy needs a rework anyway so it's currently underpowered.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm

0beron wrote:
CroverusRaven wrote:Ready for that hippiemancer guys?

Please no...this side is obscenely saturated with casters, which inevitably means Marbit is balancing the NPC sides to counter this. And I gather Hippiemancy needs a rework anyway so it's currently underpowered.

OOC:

I'll admit I made a non-caster character mainly because -someone- had to.

With loads of fundamentally different abilities (as opposed to variations on 'attack') as well as loads more opportunities for RP (you think the new prisoners will be sent to the archer for turning?! Nah), casters are simply more interesting to play.

However, if the side is restricted to a player party, then someone needs to be the tank, and a ranged fighter not dependent on juice isn't a bad addition. We can't all be squishy casters.

Only, now we can. Since Tenebris can liberally pop armies of grunts, PCs can be pure casters. Sucks to be Will, or Rolf, or any non-leadership and non-caster PC, but that's how it is. Unless you convince players to deliberately forgo casters because "noblesse oblige", if you give players the freedom to pick a character type they will naturally pick caster.
/OOC
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Especially if their experience with the meaty tank they were building ends in being croaked. :|
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:30 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Well... Guess that settles if I'm making a new character :? Ready for that hippiemancer guys?
Players who are currently controlling their 2nd character have offered to allow you to take control of either Anex or Zed-2. For the short term, I'd recommend grabbing one of those.

Flower Power needs to be revised dramatically, and I honestly don't plan to do that for this rules update. Shockamancy will get that level of attention first, and was the only additional major change I was planning on making before the next revision of the rules went live.

Also note that you're not guaranteed to get a caster - when you create your next character, if I don't roll an 8 or less on 3d6, you don't pop as a caster.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Also note that you're not guaranteed to get a caster - when you create your next character, if I don't roll an 8 or less on 3d6, you don't pop as a caster.

OOC: oh right, I keep forgetting that. Good call./OOC
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:37 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Especially if their experience with the meaty tank they were building ends in being croaked. :|
Hop on over to the original Darkness Rising thread, and take a look at the 2nd-level NPC warriors that are available. You could rebuild Whump using one of those, and skip over the entire annoying 1st-level, if you'd like to. Since Whump was originally a Tenebrisian unit, it's even quite plausible that another unit might choose to emulate him, either just because or in his memory.
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Yea, that could work. I'll grab one of those heavies for now and change up their Natural Signamancy.
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:43 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Yea, that could work. I'll grab one of those heavies for now and change up their Natural Signamancy.
Good, because I really like the look of that unit. :D
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:26 pm

OOCI was acctualy planning on asking what would happen to the caster. /ooc

And why shouldn't we bargain? They knew what might happen. If we have lost two soldiers anyway's why not benifit from their deaths?
WhirdCheese

Postby Nnelg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 pm

WhirdCheese wrote:And why shouldn't we bargain? They knew what might happen. If we have lost two soldiers anyway's why not benifit from their deaths?

There would have been no benefit to us in bargaining, nor shall there be any now. We have the power; we can simply take that gobwin by force. The only bargain that might happen at this point is Jolly bargaining for his own life.

Anyways, unless anyone has an issue with the plan continuing forwards, then let's just get this round over with.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Good luck guys, see you when you catch up to the main group!
CroverusRaven

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex (Broked Doors) - Round 1 to End Of Round

The round ends with Nemo scoring a spectacular hit.

Tenebris Karma : -10

Rock formations are impassible and provide a +4 Cover bonus to units standing behind them.
The rubble that used to be the doors costs 1 additional move to enter the square.a
Reminder: All units (except Melissa) have 1 Overland (Hex) Move remaining. Melissa has Overland (Hex) 5 Move remaining.
The "foggy" area indicates that the tunnel turns, but you cannot tell what is beyond it from your current positions.

Tenebris Units
Spoiler: show
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 9 (of 12) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.] Delayed-Move Delayed-Action Dodging
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting] Coordinating: Anex
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / -2 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy] Croaked
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 1 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended]
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 18 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose] Interposing/Guarding: Melissa Dodging
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / -1 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Block] Croaked
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] Supporting: Rudy
Melissa : Naughty Kitty {Level 1, 2 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 33 (of 40) Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount]

Enemy Units
Marbit Jailer (Mb1) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 11 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy]
Marbit Jailer (Mb2) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy]
Marbit Jailer (Mb3) {Warrior Lvl 1} : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 22 Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Armed, Well-Protected, Beefy]

Results
-- Round 1 --

Tenebris Stacks :
Regus: Leads Rudy, Whumo, Wegio, Zed-Too, Kilroy, Anex, Melissa (+1 Leadership)

Phase 6
----------
Nemo: Fire @ GD1
Roll : 5.
Roll (Nemo-Lesser Boost) : 3. (No effect.)
Roll (GD1-Lesser Curse) : 6. 9 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 2 Hits. (GD1:11)
GD1 - (Lesser Curst:0). Tenebris gains -1 Karma.

Phase 5
----------
Regus: Delays Move, Action

Zed-Too: Move to L11, Begin Dodging

Phase 3
----------
Nemo: Fire @ GD1
Roll : 11 (CRITICAL SUCCESS). 14 Combat + (1 Leadership + 4 Critical) - (8 Defense) = 11 Hits. Target destroyed. Team gains 6 XP.
Roll (Nemo-Lesser Boost) : 5. (No effect.)

Chance: Fire at GD1
Target already destroyed.

-- End of Turn --

As always, let me know if you see any mistakes.
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:19 am

Ah, the dog got croaked on a lucky shot? Well, that's good then; it almost makes up for the rest of this turn.

The way I see it, it's basically a mop-up operation from here to the jail cell. Melissa with WW plugs the tunnel with Zed2 buffing, and everyone with Fire unloading on the Marbits. I don't think we really need to issue any specific orders, even...
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:52 am

"You be good now, Naughty Kitty, I'll just stand over here and guard the flanks ..."

(meaning, guarding the Naughty Kitty; don't know how that works from this position but hey.)
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:03 am

Amazed at seeing the pup go down to a Caster Anex quickly re-targets on Mb 1
"Rudy with your support here I may be able to take him out"
Werebiscuit

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 am

Fortune stands around unless space opens up in front of him.
WhirdCheese

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03 am

Turn (*Mumble*) - Marbit Hex (Broken Doors) - Round 2 to End Of Combat

Enraged over the tragic loss of their comrades, the Tenebrisian units and their allies make short work of the marbits. When the last marbit croaks, the jail imprisoning the gobwin depops, and the grateful gobwin grunts gleefully at them.

Each surviving member of the stack gains 3 XP. (Note that units do not level until the end of the turn.)

Another corridor continues to the south, then turns to the east.

Tenebris Karma : -10

Reminder: All units (except Melissa) have 1 Overland (Hex) Move remaining. Melissa has Overland (Hex) 5 Move remaining.
The "foggy" area indicates that the tunnel turns, but you cannot tell what is beyond it from your current positions.

Tenebris Units
Nemo (Nnelg) : [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 3 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Regus the Great (tigerusthegreat): [5 Combat / 4 Defense / 9 (of 12) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Strike.]
Rudy Eye (bob the 6th) : [7 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Support, Coordinate, Dance Fighting] Supporting/Coordinating: Anex
Whump (CroverusRaven) : [6 Combat / 7 Defense / -2 (of 26) Hits / 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Heavy] Croaked
Fortunes Chance (WhirdCheese): [3 Combat / 1 Defense / 4 Hits. 8 {8} Move. 1 (of 8) Juice. Fire.] (Lesser Boost:1)
Wegio Wegion (LTDave) : [8 Combat / 8 Defense / 14 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Beefy, Well-Armed, Well-Defended]
Zed-Too (BLANDCorporatio) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / 18 (of 22) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Beefy, Guard, Interpose] Interposing/Guarding: Melissa Dodging
Kilroy Jenkins (WaterMonkey312) : [5 Combat / 8 Defense / -1 (of 14) Hits. 8 {8} Move. Attack. Special: Well-Protected, Block] Croaked
Anex (Werebiscuit) : [10 Combat / 3 Defense / 10 Hits / 8 {8} Move. Fire. Special: Well-Armed, Mighty Blow, Support] Mighty Blow, Supporting: Rudy
Melissa : Naughty Kitty {Level 1, 2 XP} [9 Combat / 12 Defense / 29 (of 40) Hits / Attack. 10 {12} Move. Special : Beast, Mount]

Results
Tenebris Stacks :
Regus: Leads Rudy, Wegio, Zed-Too, Anex, Melissa, Nemo, Chance (+1 Leadership)

-- Round 2 --

Phase 10
----------
Anex: Fire @ Mb1
Roll : 6. 16 Combat + (1 Leadership - 2 Support + 3 Mighty Blow + 3 Coordinate (Rudy) + 3 Support (Rudy)) - (8 Defense) = 20 Hits. Target croaked. Team gains 4 XP.

Phase 9
----------
Melissa: Moves to M/N 12/13, Delays Action
Roll : 5. 14 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 7 Hits. (Mb2:15)

Phase 8
----------
Wegio: Attack @ Mb2
Roll : 10. 18 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 11 Hits. (Mb2:4)

Melissa: Attack @ Mb2
Roll : 5. 14 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 7 Hits. (Mb2:15)

Mb2: Move to O12, Attack @ Melissa
Roll : 6. 14 Combat - (12 Defense + 1 Leadership + 3 Guard + 3 Interpose) = 0 Hits.

Mb3: Move to O13, Attack @ Melissa
Roll : 11 (CRITICAL SUCCESS)). 19 Combat + (4 Critical) - (12 Defense + 1 Leadership + 3 Guard + 3 Interpose) = 4 Hits (Melissa:29)

Phase 7
----------
Rudy: Move to M11, Fire @ Mb2
Roll : 8. 15 Combat + (1 Leadership + 3 Support - 2 Support) - (8 Defense) = 9 Hits (Mb2:6)

Phase 5
----------
Zed-Too: Moves to L14

Regus: Move to M14, Strike @ Mb3
Roll : 8. 13 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 6 Hits (Mb3:16)

Phase 3
----------

Nemo: Move to L13, Fire @ Mb2
Roll : 5. 8 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 1 Hit. (Mb2:5)
Roll (Nemo-Lesser Boost): 4. (No effect)

Chance: Move to L12, Fire @ Mb2
Roll : 7
Roll (Luckamancer) : 9. 12 Combat + (1 Leadership) - (8 Defense) = 5Hits. Target slain. Team gains 4 XP.

-- Round 3 --

Phase 10
----------
Anex: Move to L11, Fire @ Mb3
Roll : 11 (CRITICAL SUCCESS). 21 Combat + (1 Leadership - 2 Support + 3 Mighty Blow + 3 Coordinate (Rudy) + 3 Support (Rudy) + 4 Critical) - (8 Defense) = 25 Hits. Target croaked. Team gains 4 XP.

-- End of Combat --
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:14 am

Anex snorts "Ha..good work ! We have our prize...and the Dollamancer his 'entertainment' .*pulls a face* Now let's make our exit. "
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games