I had a thought... Duty vis a vis Magic Kingdom

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

I had a thought... Duty vis a vis Magic Kingdom

Postby SkarmoryThePG » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:59 pm

This is low-quality front of the bathroom mirror random.

Sizemore's behavior changes very rapidly between his mourning chat with the Grand Abbie and his joyous declaration of his findings. Is it merely the thrill of discovery, seeing his past actions in a better light?

Or is it the removal of the Duty, an effect over the Magic Kingdom that frees casters from their bonds, and Duties such as "I must kill my opposite number in my lord's enemy army"? Is Sizemore, even now, hating Parson, but unable, disallowed to act on it?
SkarmoryThePG
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: I had a thought... Duty vis a vis Magic Kingdom

Postby DevilDan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:37 pm

I did find it odd that he seemed so enthusiastic and even boyishly eager and excited after suffering such a crisis of conscience. I figured his chat with Janis, a good night's sleep, and remembering the euphoria of the power he wielded as part of the caster troika were enough to make him momentarily forget or put to the side his qualms and guilt.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby PhoenixTalion » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 pm

*nods* I was thinking a Willow Magic High... But Duty is a possibility too.

Though, he did seem to be rather unhappy when he killed Webinar.
|Icons|Art|Fanfic|

"The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility. And vice versa."
~Robert Heinlein
PhoenixTalion

Postby Maldeus » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm pretty sure that's just Sizemore getting over it. Being a pacifist doesn't mean he has to be incredibly emotionally fragile, though it can seem that way sometimes because some people use a facade of pacifism to cover up spinelessness. Sizemore isn't one of these people, though. Or if he is, he's very good at hiding it.
Maldeus

Postby DevilDan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:16 am

PhoenixTalion wrote:*nods* I was thinking a Willow Magic High... But Duty is a possibility too.

I think that it was mostly the effect of the entire battle. In fact, do we know if he'd ever engaged in combat before that time, or was this his first time?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby PhoenixTalion » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:43 pm

That's a good thought, actually, and it wouldn't surprise me if the answer was no.
|Icons|Art|Fanfic|

"The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility. And vice versa."
~Robert Heinlein
PhoenixTalion

Postby taltamir » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:17 pm

DevilDan wrote:
PhoenixTalion wrote:*nods* I was thinking a Willow Magic High... But Duty is a possibility too.

I think that it was mostly the effect of the entire battle. In fact, do we know if he'd ever engaged in combat before that time, or was this his first time?

he was level 8 when she last saw him, he level to level 10 by this combat.
I would surmise he has experienced combat before... just nothing of this sort.

Sizemore has the following things going on in less than a day, in this order:
0. He really liked parson, he thought he was different than the other warlords!
1. The elation of altering the terrain type, LIKE A TITAN!
2. just wholesale slaughtered thousands both on his side and the other side. killing everyone and everything. At parson's command.
3. he had a very emotional conversation with a grand abbie about it, a confessional of sorts. And he was reassured by her.
4. Had a good night sleep.
5. He found a girlfriend

Just because he was shaken from #2 doesn't mean he is going to be depressed for the rest of his life.
taltamir

Postby Glenn » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:25 pm

Taltamir, i wasn't aware that Sizemore's level had been explicitly stated anywhere. Where does it say that Sizemore was level 8 before the battle?
Glenn

Postby taltamir » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:46 pm

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F141.jpg

we know he is level 10 now. she says he has gained two levels since they last met.
taltamir

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:44 pm

taltamir wrote:http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F141.jpg

we know he is level 10 now. she says he has gained two levels since they last met.

But Sizemore's level was never stated. Janis said he gained 2 levels, but his level was never stated before or after we learned that fact. All we know is that Sizemore is two levels higher after TBFGK than he was before it.

Unless you can show me where his level was stated...
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby DevilDan » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:00 pm

taltamir wrote:0. He really liked parson, he thought he was different than the other warlords!

Actually, Sizemore was more ambivalent in his thinking about Parson even before the uncroaking of the volcano: "Then I think... I think I have to hate you."
http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F102.jpg
DevilDan

Return to Everything Else Erfworld