Darkness Rising

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Darkness Rising

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:33 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:Where does the Secretary of State rank with regards to the Secretary of Defense? Those are the effective positions that Yuri and Tod now hold.

That, and the rest of the post, is mere evasion.
Tod orders an archer to stay in town and defend it. Yuri orders him to stack up and go in an expedition to a ruin.
Who wins?
Try it and find out.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm

MarbitChow wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:Where does the Secretary of State rank with regards to the Secretary of Defense? Those are the effective positions that Yuri and Tod now hold.

That, and the rest of the post, is mere evasion.
Tod orders an archer to stay in town and defend it. Yuri orders him to stack up and go in an expedition to a ruin.
Who wins?
Try it and find out.

If you give me proof that you have any idea about what you are doing I may accept that as an answer.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 pm

If that's all you want, he's said it already. Creperum specifically said Tod is in control of our tactics and battle, whereas Yuri is in charge of diplomancy and inter-side relations. Ultimately, if there are ever conflicting orders to non-player units, we should be able to deduce which of those two fields is affected and resolve the order accordingly.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

0beron wrote:If that's all you want, he's said it already. Creperum specifically said Tod is in control of our tactics and battle, whereas Yuri is in charge of diplomancy and inter-side relations. Ultimately, if there are ever conflicting orders to non-player units, we should be able to deduce which of those two fields is affected and resolve the order accordingly.

OOC: that's a big "should". Do we send this here Balrug to Tod's siege or on Yuri's diplomatic mission as transport? Do we torture for quick conversion of a strong unit or treat well in hopes of engraciating ourselves with some other side? There will be times when decisions like this need to be made. Consensus is fine, discussion and negociation are swell. IRL though there is such a thing as final word on something. Whose will it be in our case? Or do we lockdown till agreement?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 pm

And that issue is the nature of the beast of being a side with free units. If we really need a final word, we ask Creperum, otherwise we have to settle it with consensus, as we already have so far. Utimately though, based on Marbit's wording, all non-player troops will follow Tod's orders. The only time disagreements occur that can't be solved that that rule is when it come to overall strategy, not with "orders" that require immediate action.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 pm

A plausible answer. Is it official?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:A plausible answer. Is it official?
I say again - try it and find out.
MarbitChow

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:50 pm

OOC: I won't comment on the Chief Caster thing since I technically don't know about it.

IC: Triage talks more with the Alt Elves (in a friendly but professional manner) and inquires about the possibility of popping more. "Though it is not normal for units like you to ally with my side, are there no exceptions or special circumstances that could allow us to pop more Alt Elves?"

Afterwards, Triage talks with Will about whether Coil is really that pissed off.
WaterMonkey314

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:55 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:"Though it is not normal for units like you to ally with my side, are there no exceptions or special circumstances that could allow us to pop more Alt Elves?"
They are not aware of any. They encourage you to capture any similar units that you run across, and they will gladly offer to talk sense to them once they are captured, but they don't think your side would be able to pop new ones directly.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:IC: Triage talks more with the Alt Elves (in a friendly but professional manner) and inquires about the possibility of popping more. "Though it is not normal for units like you to ally with my side, are there no exceptions or special circumstances that could allow us to pop more Alt Elves?"

Heh. In another world Triage would be more than happy to help with that I'd imagine.

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Afterwards, Triage talks with Will about whether Coil is really that pissed off.

IC:

You've denied him his favorite past-time, his passion, his reason for being. He's lashed out at the side in general, disgusted by what he sees as our softness. As long as some Duty and Loyalty to Tenebris remains though, he's more likely to focus his hatred on -you- and Junetta as ... corrupting influences.

Sleep well healer. Remember me when the hour of need will come.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nnelg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 pm

0beron wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
MarbitChow wrote:He also requests that you privately suggest someone to fill the position of Chief Caster
OOC: I take it that the King did not expressly ask for the other PCs' opinion on this, leaving a decision at the latitude of the leadership units? At least the Casters may want to weigh in on this. And other PCs too if they were asked ...

OOC I think it's reasonably safe to assume most casters at least to some degree selfishly want ourselves in the position. Bill and T. Coil both make sense for various reasons both thematic and tactical, whereas Vinny and Triage both may have caught attention because of their contributions to the tactics of the last battle. So because most of us probably want the position, I think it's better that we actually stay out of the discussion.

Hey, don't forget about Nemo! :lol:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby The Colonel » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Nemo ain't here. Also, thematic reasons?
The Colonel

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm

Just a quick note that the Rules thread has an updated version of Shockamancy for review. I've attempted to make sure that Coil is still able to do everything he was already able to do, but has significantly more flexibility now (as well as the potential to spend most of his juice on a single, massive attack).
MarbitChow

Postby Nnelg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:56 pm

The Colonel wrote:Nemo ain't here. Also, thematic reasons?

I suppose your right, the Conspiracy generally prefers using puppets to holding office themselves... :lol:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby 0beron » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

To clarify (and provide some nudging) Vinny has nothing else to do tonight....so if everyone else's conversations are complete, can we move on to dawn?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Turn 10 - Dis City - Charlie's Turn

At dawn, the Archons break their fast, and land on the towers.

Any private conversations with the Archons may occur now.

I need orders for what units will be popping in Dis City this turn.
MarbitChow

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Battle XP need to tbe updated in the ref thread I think.

As to pop orders ...

Replace what we lost, maybe?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Battle XP need to tbe updated in the ref thread I think.
Yes, but Vinny's the only one it *really* makes a difference for, and he's already on top of it. Reference updates for the Old Batch will done this weekend.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Replace what we lost, maybe?

I'm not so sure. Vinny is still set on his plan to power-level using wild encounters, so if he gets approval for that we should decide what troops should accompany him (example, if we want an NPC City Manager, we should pop it now and send it with me to get leveled)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 pm

0beron wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Replace what we lost, maybe?

I'm not so sure. Vinny is still set on his plan to power-level using wild encounters, so if he gets approval for that we should decide what troops should accompany him (example, if we want an NPC City Manager, we should pop it now and send it with me to get leveled)

Depending on when we decide to enact our capture plan, I'd gladly accompany our newer casters on power level trips. Nothing like a bit of Crutch Character assistance to get the Greens to Veterans.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games