Dorothy is now Judy Gale

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Dorothy is now Judy Gale

Postby balder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:02 am

Dorothy was a placeholder name, but the character is more complex than just an homage to the Oz character. So I am retconjuring Dorothy's name to Judy (Gale). It's changed in the archives but not yet in the wiki. Could someone jump in there and fix that, including noting the retconjuration and a redirect from "Dorothy"?

There will likely be a number of retconjurations before taking Book 0 to print, some of them fairly significant. I did warn that this thing's a first draft when I started it. Sometimes you have to go back and change the weave a little. This change was worth doing right now.
balder

Re: Dorothy is now Judy Gale

Postby No one in particular » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 am

Ding. Taken care of.

Word of Titan also cited.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Whispri » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:25 am

I've changed her name on the pages for Haffaton, Ruler and a few others, I think we've got them all now.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby balder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:12 am

Awesome, thank you gentlemen!
balder

Postby Shai_hulud » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 pm

I went to the trouble of making a wiki account a few weeks ago, and I get all excited to go make some small changes during my break, but then scroll down to everyone being all on the ball and shit. Thanks...
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Oberon » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Whispri wrote:I've changed her name on the pages for Haffaton, Ruler and a few others, I think we've got them all now.
If the wiki search feature is up to snuff, they are all taken care of.

Off topic: Y'know... Reading the "word of the Titans" entry for this change/Rob's post led me to re-read the entry below it regarding the change from regeneration to fabrication. Made me remember that I really liked Bogroll. A simple character, but with interesting depths. He had layers, kinda like an onion.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby balder » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:28 pm

I didn't check, but I think the texts are mirrored in the wiki. If that's so, it needs to be updated yet again, as I made changes to Judy Gale's physical appearance in episode 050 earlier today as well.
balder

Postby Whispri » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:58 am

I've updated the text on the wiki and also updated the 'Judy Gale' page to account for the new desription.
Whispri

Postby TokraZeno » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Was she actually a homage in the same way as everything else in Erf, or was it the inspiration for the original Wizard of Oz?
TokraZeno

Return to Everything Else Erfworld