Translyvito Coffins

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Translyvito Coffins

Postby opal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 pm

Since only magical items can be resized, does that mean the coffins TV warlords use are magical? I'm wondering if TV is capable of equipping all its warlords with magical coffins which detect unwanted spells like suggestions.
opal

Re: Translyvito Coffins

Postby DevilDan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Hold on... do we know of any special properties of TV coffins aside from the fact that they can be resized, much as we've seen done with eyebooks and Jill's helmet?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby opal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 pm

DevilDan wrote:Hold on... do we know of any special properties of TV coffins aside from the fact that they can be resized, much as we've seen done with eyebooks and Jill's helmet?

No, we only know magical items can be resized and ordinary items can't be resized. The rest was a 'that would be useful' theory on my part. I can't see Translyvito giving out magical coffins for comfort only, I'm thinking they could be some sort of armor. Like the white grease parody jacket Vinny wore before being sent to the gap-fight.
opal

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 pm

opal wrote:No, we only know magical items can be resized and ordinary items can't be resized. The rest was a 'that would be useful' theory on my part. I can't see Translyvito giving out magical coffins for comfort only, I'm thinking they could be some sort of armor. Like the white grease parody jacket Vinny wore before being sent to the gap-fight.

It sounds like you're assuming that there is some substantial cost to make things magical, and then an additional cost for each function, such that it would be a waste to spend the money to make a magical item only to have the item resize.

I think it's more likely that there's just a cost per function, and the magical / non-magical attribute is just applied to the item based on its functions. In other words, the focus is on the fact that the Transylvito coffins are magical because they resize, not that they resize because they're magical.

For example, it might cost 5 shmuckers to make make a coffin, 8 shmuckers to make a magical coffin that resizes, but 400 shmuckers to make a magical coffin that can detect magic. You could get 50 resizing coffins for the price of one resizing detecting coffin.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby DevilDan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:47 pm

I'd be likelier to guess that the coffins correspond to some physiological need of the TV warlords, that they are accustomed to sleeping in coffins as part of their culture or customs, or that sleeping in coffins gives them some sort of buff or bonus.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:19 pm

not even that deep they probably popped with a coffin. they have probably had said coffin since day one.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:44 pm

moose o death wrote:not even that deep they probably popped with a coffin. they have probably had said coffin since day one.

That would be an instance of a unit popping together with a magical item. Hmm.
DevilDan

Postby opal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:26 pm

MarbitChow wrote:It sounds like you're assuming that there is some substantial cost to make things magical, and then an additional cost for each function, such that it would be a waste to spend the money to make a magical item only to have the item resize.

Yes and No, I'm assuming resizing is an inherent trait of all magic items, not an added function.

Has anyone got the impression from reading update 28 that conjured items are considered magical?
opal

Return to Everything Else Erfworld