Playing with Erfworld Time

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Playing with Erfworld Time

Postby Banjooie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:46 am

Now that we've been given a primer on Erfworld time, let's see what bizarre mechanics we can produce with it.

This is the first thing I personally thought of.
Code: Select all
Chief Warlord Nosrap has 2+ move.  He's in battlespace with three other factions, so each faction has 4 hours a day (16 hour day, 8 hour night.) He has a complex battle situation to think about, and he doesn't have much time.

|Warlord + Lookamancer Hex A |
| Hex B |

Lookamancer observes Warlord moving from Hex A to Hex B. Warlord thinks and plots for precisely three hours and fifty nine minutes--which would waste the turn, except he moves back to Hex A immediately at the end of that time. He now has spent slightly less than four minutes thinking and plotting, and has three hours in which to finish planning and begin moving units.

I hereby dub this the 'pacing' strategy, in which a Warlord constantly moves between two hexes while observed, in order to increase the amount of time he has to plan his maneuvers, without wasting a Turn.
Banjooie
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Playing with Erfworld Time

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:27 am

If it takes Parson 200 hours to read War and Peace, and he has 20 dragon mounts available, he could "scout" 20 different hexes for 10 hours each, and return to Gobwin Knob at the end of each scouting move, change mounts, and head back out, with only a few minutes passing at GK, and finish almost 2 weeks worth of reading in seeming minutes.

With 30 mounts, he could even nap on 1 out of every 3 missions.
But would he starve, or would he need to refresh provisions on each pass?

Thus the obvious exploit (at least for Parson): Training.
If Parson can move between hexes, he could do many weeks worth of workouts and training with Ansom, or magic discussions w/ Maggie & Sizemore, in a very short number of turns.
MarbitChow

Postby taltamir » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 pm

this really is ridonkulous! But what a lucky break for him, he seems to be one of the few which bothers thinking. the obvious first thing I came up with immediately as i read it is "he now has plenty of time to think", the next is "I can't think of any other exploit"..

in regards to training... would it help him any? i think they only get stronger by leveling. which generally requires them to kill things, command units killing things, cast within their speciality or something of the sort.
taltamir

Postby moose o death » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:57 pm

that's another topic but one worth exploring, i'll start that one now
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Return to Everything Else Erfworld