Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:46 pm

But we need a source of food. The vicious food beasts at least eat just the leaves off bushes. We don't need more mouths to feed, especially if they'd be eating our back up food - Monk as not yet eaten any mushrooms as far as I remember. He's had a strickly greeney meat diey.
CroverusRaven

Postby Lamech » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:01 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:But we need a source of food. The vicious food beasts at least eat just the leaves off bushes. We don't need more mouths to feed, especially if they'd be eating our back up food - Monk as not yet eaten any mushrooms as far as I remember. He's had a strickly greeney meat diey.

But if the green guys just eat shrooms, we have a fairly unlimited supply of those. They just take move to produce and you have what? 7 move? Plus they can probably be mounted too. They are bigger than the marpony, so we can probably ride them and get more move too. Plus we currently have a fairly good shroom stream.
Lamech

Postby LTDave » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:05 am

Processing - sorry for delay.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:31 am

Turn 11
Actions: . . .

M6 Let Shelby eat come leaves, chop down the bush she strips of leaves, start making a harness for Shelby from Hide, finish making harness, search rock pile if i find another gem sacrifice gem to other Altar and meditate, eat some Greeney Meat

M10 will eat gather leaves and then feed the vicious foodbeast the leaves - the foodbeast is delighted, and starts following M10 around

M15 One more Try Orders Eat, Meditate at Alter {I imagine you mean Altar. Nothing happens. The altar is already aflame, and M15 has nothing to offer as a gift….), Order M17 and M18 to gather food with all actions (ok)

Random V picks up axe, attack vicious foodbeast (no damage inflicted, 4 hits taken in response - M14 cwoaks).

M3 "Rod" will grab meat, ride east, and use all his remaining actions to search any small rock piles for gems and sacrifice those gems to any altars (2 gems found and sacrificed…)

M2 Choppy Chops down bush, feeds leaves to Vicious food beast and attempts to tame vicious food beast (sadly, the beast is enraged after being attacked by M14 - M2 wisely decides to keep his distance from the creature, and eats food instead)

M1 can't eat, and cwoaks singing "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love you tomorrow…"

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 5, Defence 5, Hits 7 /7, Move 7, Level 4
Marpony Combat +1, Defence +1, Hits +3 /3, Move +2, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 6, Defence 7, Hits 8 /8, Move 8, Level 5
Shelby Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits +8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 4, Level 1
M14 "Random V" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M15 "Try More" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M17 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M18 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M19 (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Armour Armour, +2 Defence Found Item
Shield Armour, +1 Defence Costs 1 Wood
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
The Colonel? Who has disappeared?

Turn 12 Starts Now. 24 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:

Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
The Vicious Food Beat is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:52 am

As Rod places a gem on each of the Stone Altars in his hex, voices begin to sing from the flames across all of the Island:
"He is coming! He is coming! He is Here! He is back!"

Monk and M10 are surprised to see a strange set of creatures materialise in their hex...

The Big Head has Combat 6, Defence 5, Hits 12/12, Move 4.
The Big Birds have Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6/6, Move 6.

Big Head looks at the Marbits with undisguised curiosity.
"When we look to the individuals of the same variety or sub-variety of our older cultivated plants
and animals, one of the first points which strikes us, is, that they generally differ much more from
each other, than do the individuals of any one species or variety in a state of nature."
"What strange creatures! What are you doing on my Island? And why are you riding a Testudo Aubreii? And what is your bag made of? And where are your beaks?"
LTDave

Postby The Colonel » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:28 am

BAAACK! Sorry for the VANISHING! I was on vacation.

Okayy, ATTACK THE GREEN BEAST! STACK UP AND ATTACK, FEAST ON ITS MEAT! oh and move North west after eating.
The Colonel

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 am

M10 Mount V2 (If possible) grab food. Then if there is any sign of a fight Move West. Move West

He bravly ran away away.
WhirdCheese

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 am

Monk rolls his eyes at M10 fleeing, approaches the BigHead and dismounts, patting Shelby and smiling. He then makes a big speech:

"I am Monk, a Marbit. We were sailing on the ocean when a terrible storm caused us to crash on this island. My armour and bag is made from the hide of the Green Lizard creatures, I live off their meat so that I don't get sick from the mushrooms. I fed Shelby here leaves from bushes until she trusted me to ride her. I heard the whispers from the altars and have gladly activated as many as I could. My people are running low on resources, as we live off cooked mushrooms but do not know how to plant bushes to make more wood, and the meat and hide of the lizards when we can. Were you expecting to be summoned forth by some other creature?"
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:41 pm

"I am summoned by the Ginn when they fear the Island's balance is threatened, or something new emerges for me to study."
"What is your genus? Your genealogy? Where are your beaks?"
"You cannot stay here - you will upset the order of things."
LTDave

Postby KF25 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Random VI moves NW, pick up axe, rest.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:51 pm

M 15 'One more try' Orders
Eat, Order M18, Feed Green Creature Mushrooms in an attempt to tame
, Decision Tree time: If green creature eats mushroms but is not tamed give some more. If green creature does not like mushrooms walk away and practice Rhyme-o-mancy. If green creature likes mushrooms, and is tamed mount green creature!

M18 Orders
Search Rock Pile for Tool, Try to extract meat from M17, Try to Extract Bones from M17, Try to create a bone knife from M17's bones.

Okay, so I'm a bit evil. But, its for SCIENCE!
Lamech

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:06 pm

M10 says: We have no way of getting off this island. If you can provide us with a boat and rations to last long enough to get to land we will leave. But I for one would leave as soon as possible.

OOC M3 you have a key. Have you tried using it on the chest in the home hex? /ooc
WhirdCheese

Postby Lamech » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Pretty sure he got the Macguffin of doom from the chest already...
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 pm

"We would gladly leave, but we are stranded on this island until we can make a boat to leave. I only know we are Marbits. We pop as we are and we have been Marbits as long as I know. We've never had beaks, he just have mouths with lips. Can you teach us how to replant these bushes, so we can gather enough wood to try making a new boat to sail away?"
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:13 pm

WhirdCheese wrote:M10 says: We have no way of getting off this island. If you can provide us with a boat and rations to last long enough to get to land we will leave. But I for one would leave as soon as possible.

"Boat? What is a boat? Where are your beaks?"
LTDave

Postby Lamech » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:59 pm

We are all going to die to a stack of birds aren't we? Well at least I kept the marbit population down.
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:28 pm

"We do not have beaks. We are not from here. You do not know what a boat is? Do you know how many turns you've been gone?"

Hopes the other marbits come to the hex in case the Big Head proves hostile. He isn't sure if he and Shelby can win this fight alone.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:42 pm

"Lies! Lies and nonsense! Tell me where your beaks are! I must observe them."
"I have been gone only a moment. And now I am back. I will observe what has changed."
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:54 pm

My beak? It's right here. In fact our species has two. *Points to ears*
WhirdCheese

Postby Swodaems » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 am

M3 "Rod" will Eat, Ride NW, Stack for defense with M6, Order M12 to ("Get up off the ground and stack for defense. Cwoaking is no excuse for not doing your duty.") and look closely at Big Head's Weapon and Armor.

Rod says, "By 'Beak', might you be talking about this?" Then Rod drops his pants and gets horny.

Regardless of the Big Head's response to this shameless act, Rod says, "We call ourselves Marbits. We are Marbits of the Marking. We shipwrecked here 11 turns ago. We have been cwoaking green creatures for food, and activating altars in the hopes that their light will draw a ship. We apologize if these activities have offended, but dont really have anything better to do. On that note, we're two gems short of activating all the altars on the island. Do you have any?"
Swodaems

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games