Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby CroverusRaven » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:01 am

Monk tries to determine if the Big Head and Big Birds are stacked at all. Joins stack with others and remounts Shelby. If a fight DOES break out for any reason, Monk will focus on Big Head. He will not initiate the attack though.
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 am

No Werebiscuit? Oh well.
Processing.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:21 am

Turn 12
Actions: . . .

M18 (the Colonel) ATTACK THE GREEN BEAST! STACK UP AND ATTACK (3 hits inflicted, 2 hits taken - might be best to move away ) FEAST ON ITS MEAT! (there is meat available in the hex) oh and move North west after eating.

M10 Mount V2 (If possible) grab food. Then if there is any sign of a fight Move West. Move West

M6 makes a speech Monk tries to determine if the Big Head and Big Birds are stacked at all. Joins stack with others and remounts Shelby. If a fight DOES break out for any reason, Monk will focus on Big Head. He will not initiate the attack though.

Random VI moves NW, pick up axe, rest

M 15 'One more try' Orders Eat (Mushflesh), Order M18 (he ignores your orders), Feed Green Creature Mushrooms in an attempt to tame (Green Creature is not very happy, but sniffs the mushflesh, but doesn't eat it), If green creature does not like mushrooms walk away and practice Rhyme-o-mancy. (For sure, paw!)

M3 "Rod" will Eat, Ride NW, Stack for defense with M6, Order M12 to ("Get up off the ground and stack for defense. Cwoaking is no excuse for not doing your duty." {M12 does not respond - perhaps he is a coward}) and look closely at Big Head's Weapon and Armor {Big Head's Armour appears to be a grey suit, and his weapon is a long spear with glowing tip} Rod says, "By 'Beak', might you be talking about this?" Then Rod drops his pants and gets horny. One of the big birds notices a pink wriggly thing and hops forward to snap it up… Rod reacts by squealing and brandishing his weapon… the bird reacts by snapping at Rod… and we got us a ball game… (quite literally)

M2 eats and sings.

COMBAT ERUPTS!

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 5, Defence 5, Hits 7 /7, Move 7, Level 4
Marpony Combat +1, Defence +1, Hits +3 /3, Move +2, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 6, Defence 7, Hits 8 /8, Move 8, Level 5
Shelby Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits +8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 4, Level 1
M15 "Try More" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M18 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M19 "Random VI" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M20 ( ) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Armour Armour, +2 Defence Found Item
Shield Armour, +1 Defence Costs 1 Wood
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
None

Turn 13 Starts once I've resolved the combat. After that it will be 24 hours to post orders.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:

Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
The Vicious Food Beat is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 am

Round 1
Big Bird 1 attacks Rod - 3 hits inflicted.
Rod strikes back - 9 hits inflicted (Big Bird 1 Cwoaks...)

The Big Head shouts in fury, and the other Big Birds jump forward to avenge their fallen comrade...
Big Bird 2 attacks Rod - 3 hits inflicted.
Big Bird 3 attacks Rod - 3 hits inflicted.

Monk (as per standing orders) urges his Vicious Foodbeast forward to attack the Big Head - 8 hits inflicted
Big Head responds, furiously striking M6 - 1 hit inflicted.

Round 2
Big Bird 2 attacks Rod - 4 hits inflicted (Rod Cwoaks, MarPony Cwoaks...)
Rod strikes back (with his dying breath, his pants still down, his member exposed) - 4 hits inflicted

Big Bird 3 attacks Monk - 0 hits inflicted.
Monk attacks Big Head - 5 hits inflicted (Big Head Cwoaks...)

Round 3
Big Bird 2 attacks Monk - 0 hits inflicted.
Monk attacks Big Bird 2 - 8 hits inflicted (Big Bird 2 Cwoaks...)

Round 4
Monk attacks Big Bird 3 - 9 hits inflicted (Big Bird 3 Cwoaks...)

LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:55 am

Oh dear. Rod has cwoaked because of his rod.

M20 "Sod" will move NE, equip Helm of Destiny, equip/examine grey suit, and equip/examine long spear with glowing tip.
Swodaems

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 am

:shock:
Well that was not expected. Awesome though. Kinda reminds me of Dwarf Fortress, you get that one guy that has somehow been powerleveling and is decked out in nice gear.

M6 Monk shall harvest anything he can from each Big Bird(3 actions), Greets M20, lets Shelby feed off leaves from a bush, chops down bush, eats some meat, starts making a pick, finishes making a pick.
Last edited by CroverusRaven on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CroverusRaven

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:53 am

M10 moves West moves west feeds V2 then Eats

I'm going to try building a raft next turn

Does V2 provide any bonuses?
Last edited by WhirdCheese on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhirdCheese

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 am

Lets gather up all the materials we can, and move into one hex so we can all work together. I want to try making a pick/shovel to see if we can loosen up this ground and get the roots up.
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:46 am

You try making a pick. Choppy will make a shovel.
M2 Choppy Gathers up meat rations for his backpack, eats, makes shovel
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:30 am

CroverusRaven wrote:Well that was not expected. Awesome though. Kinda reminds me of Dwarf Fortress, you get that one guy that has somehow been powerleveling and is decked out in nice gear.
You also get that one dwarf who does something extremely stupid and manages to get himself killed. (Actually, you get alot of dwarves like that.) I guess we should be glad that Rod didn't cause a loyalty cascade or track poisonous goo across a well used path.

The gamer in me has noticed something. I have a question*. *Blatent attempt to rules-lawyer a character back despite the lack of known combat rules.
LTDave wrote:Round 1
Big Bird 1 attacks Rod - 3 hits inflicted.
Rod strikes back - 9 hits inflicted (Big Bird 1 Cwoaks...)

The Big Head shouts in fury, and the other Big Birds jump forward to avenge their fallen comrade...
Big Bird 2 attacks Rod - 3 hits inflicted.

Why isn't there a new round between the croaking of Big Bird 1 and the reaction from the other Big Birds and the Big Head? Shouldn't it take time for them to be able to react?

We might want to try examining the altars in greater detail. There might be a puzzle or something on them. We should also try to figure out why four of them are yellow while the others are red. (It may just be indicative of the activator. I think Rod did all the red ones and Monk did the yellow ones. But we should check anyway.) We ran out of gems before activating all of them, but there might still be a way to activate the last two. (Sacrifice blood to them?)

The Big Head said that he was summoned by the "Ginn". Maybe they'll appear now that he is croaked. We could try asking to them to show themselves.

Beyond that, I'm out of useful* ideas beyond chopping down every tree on this island for the wood. We have a few options for what to do it it. We could try burning it in a big bonfire as a signal. Or we could try building a boat out of it. Lastly, we could build a few more shelters.

(*Unuseful ideas include: Use the floating. magically strong. chest that washed up on shore as a raft, Use the chest to store the Big Head's corpse, eat Big Head, pee on the altars, and use the wood to build a fighting ring for free-for-all combat.)
Swodaems

Postby Lamech » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:03 pm

M15 Orders
Move NE, Move NE, Eat meat, Rest

By the way why did I eat the mushroom food instead of meat?
Lamech

Postby Lamech » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Actually, ignore those orders instead M15 will
Stack up and Attack the green creature, feast on its meat, rest and make armor from its hide
Lamech

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:26 pm

:o You killed Charlie Darwin!
WaterMonkey314

Postby Swodaems » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:01 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote::o You killed Charlie Darwin!

So that's who it was. I thought the face looked familiar. That explains the questions about genus and geneology. And why he wanted to study our beaks.

Rod and Monk demonstrated the nature of the idea of natural selection in front of the man who coined the phrase.

Edit: Now that I think about it, we probably should have shown him either our hands or our tools and explained that we used them instead of beaks. It might not have avoided the violence, but it would have been a far more rational answer to the question than the one I that Rod ended up giving.
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Swodaems wrote:

So that's who it was. I thought the face looked familiar.

And the quotation from origin of species?
I thought it must have been so obvious that no one bothered to mention it...
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:53 pm

LTDave wrote:
Swodaems wrote:

So that's who it was. I thought the face looked familiar.

And the quotation from origin of species?
I thought it must have been so obvious that no one bothered to mention it...

While my memory for that particular text is rusty, I really don't know how I missed it. There were a lot of other clues I should have picked up on.
Small isolated island
study of turtles and beaks

I got the evolutionary biologist part, just not the specific name. The face looked familiar but I couldn't place it. The image that first spring to my mind when I remember Charles Darwin is one from his later years when he had a full beard.

Regardless of identity, showing him my penis was that only answer to his question about beaks I could think of at the moment. It was one of those ideas, that once had, blocks out all other thought from your mind.

Hopefully, we didn't need him alive to get off the island.
Swodaems

Postby KF25 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Random VI moves W,gather food, eat.
KF25

Postby LTDave » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Swodaems wrote:showing him my penis was that only answer to his question...

:lol:
I find that this works in most social situations...

If you look at the picture closely, you can see that I have modelled Rod's rod in all it's 2 pixel glory...
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 pm

LTDave wrote:
Swodaems wrote:showing him my penis was that only answer to his question...

:lol:
I find that this works in most social situations...

If you look at the picture closely, you can see that I have modelled Rod's rod in all it's 2 pixel glory...

:lol: I didn't catch that before. It's between the blood spatters? I thought that was part of the horse until you said something. At least it is still attached.

I'm kind of hoping that the Big Head was wearing some kind of underwear. Otherwise we're going to be subjected to the sight of the father of evolution's reproductive organ after Sod strips him of his armor.
Swodaems

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 pm

... Note to self: Do not bring Swod around ever if I plan to meet any important biologists. :P
WaterMonkey314

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games