Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Swodaems wrote:[...]
Edit: Now that I think about it, we probably should have shown him either our hands or our tools and explained that we used them instead of beaks. It might not have avoided the violence, but it would have been a far more rational answer to the question than the one I that Rod ended up giving.

I did point to my ears... Of corse Swod had to instagate.
WhirdCheese

Postby Nnelg » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 pm

LTDave wrote:
Swodaems wrote:
WaterMonkey314 wrote::o You killed Charlie Darwin!

So that's who it was. I thought the face looked familiar.

And the quotation from origin of species?
I thought it must have been so obvious that no one bothered to mention it...

You should ask them to choose between two weevils next... :lol:
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:30 am

WhirdCheese wrote:
Edit: Now that I think about it, we probably should have shown him either our hands or our tools and explained that we used them instead of beaks. It might not have avoided the violence, but it would have been a far more rational answer to the question than the one I that Rod ended up giving.

Instigate? The Big Bird tried to peck off his little marbit. I'd have croaked the darn thing too. Course, I'd have then cwoaked the other two as they attacked me, then put Big Head down last. Yea... things would have been a lot different if they'd focused me.
CroverusRaven

Postby Swodaems » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:14 am

CroverusRaven wrote:
WhirdCheese wrote:

Instigate? The Big Bird tried to peck off his little marbit. I'd have croaked the darn thing too. Course, I'd have then cwoaked the other two as they attacked me, then put Big Head down last. Yea... things would have been a lot different if they'd focused me.

Maybe I should have opened my mouth and said "Ah". But that might have just spooked them or made the Big Bird go for my tongue.
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 am

CroverusRaven wrote:
WhirdCheese wrote:

oh I have no doubt they got a look at our hands and tools...but we could have explained how we use them. A demonstration was not necessary.

Ears are also pink 'n' wiggly... though not quite as worm shaped. As soon as the bait was dangled, this was only going to go one way.

i don't think they would have focussed on you Croverus...no matter the initiation sequence ;)
Werebiscuit

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm

I for one believe its for the best that we killed Darwin. Imagine where would we be if the theory of evolution started spreading in Erfworld. Someone would breed a super marbit tribe and then everything would be boring.
Lamech

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Now there's an idea that will fester...

Processing!
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Swodaems wrote:The gamer in me has noticed something. I have a question*. *Blatent attempt to rules-lawyer a character back despite the lack of known combat rules.
Spoiler: show
LTDave wrote:Round 1
Big Bird 1 attacks Rod - 3 hits inflicted.
Rod strikes back - 9 hits inflicted (Big Bird 1 Cwoaks...)

The Big Head shouts in fury, and the other Big Birds jump forward to avenge their fallen comrade...
Big Bird 2 attacks Rod - 3 hits inflicted.

Why isn't there a new round between the croaking of Big Bird 1 and the reaction from the other Big Birds and the Big Head? Shouldn't it take time for them to be able to react?

A1: Because.
A2: No.

I could give a more detailed answer than this, but then I'd have to think of one. And that's tough. So, I'll go with A1 and A2 for now.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Nnelg wrote:You should ask them to choose between two weevils next... :lol:

You must always choose the lesser of two weevils - but here on Marbit Island, which of the Weevils is the lesser?

Also, has anyone googled the name of the Tortoise? Or knew the reference without googling? I put these little details in there for you, you know. Here I am, slaving over a hot laptop, and you breeze on in without a moment's thought... *sighs*
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Turn 13
Actions: . . .

M20 "Sod" will move NE, equip Helm of Destiny {Oh, the arcane power surging through your... (well, I'd say loins, but that might give you ideas…)}, equip/examine grey suit, and equip/examine long spear with glowing tip {As Sod reaches for the corpse of the Big Head there is the distant sound of panflutes, and the body and accutrements fades from existence}

M6 Monk shall harvest anything he can from each Big Bird(3 actions) {12 meat gathered - 3 beaks}, Greets M20 {"Hey, Dav-ey"}, lets Shelby feed off leaves from a bush, chops down bush, eats some meat, starts making a pick, finishes making a pick {M6 is unable to find a suitable rock head for a pick, and ends up making a tool that is almost (but not quite - but for our purposes, close enough) identical to a rock axe}

M10 moves West moves west feeds V2 then Eats

M2 Choppy Gathers up meat rations for his backpack, eats, makes shovel {A similar thing happens to with M6 - try as he might, M2 ends up with a rock axe}

M15 will Stack up and Attack the green creature {3 hits inflicted, 5 hits taken (some very bad rolling), and M15 cwoaks}

M18 can't eat, but sings, sings, sings!

M19 really should cwaak, but at this rate the Randoms are going to run out of Roman Numerals - so by some miracle he doesn't cwoak this turn.

Unit Status
Name
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 6, Defence 7, Hits 7 /8, Move 8, Level 5
Shelby Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits 8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 4, Level 1
V2 Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits 8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M15 "Try More" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M18 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M19 "Random VI" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M20 "Sod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M21 (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Armour Armour, +2 Defence Found Item
Shield Armour, +1 Defence Costs 1 Wood
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
None

Turn 14 Starts now, and ends in 24 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
The voices from the piles of stones are still singing… "He's not cwoaked! But he sure is annoyed! Better leave, while you can!"

Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
(The Green Creature in the Home Hex has 1 hit remaining)
The Vicious Food Beat (Testudo Aubreii) is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby The Colonel » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

M19 Moves East, picks up an axe and EATS!
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:53 pm

M6 Monk Wears one of the beaks on his head, eats some more meat, chop bush, chop bush, gather up the 3 wood, Move SE(x2), Chop bush, Chop wood.

Shelby is encouraged to eat leaves whenever she wants to.
CroverusRaven

Postby KF25 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Random VI moves W, gathers food, eats.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:49 pm

M21 Mad Science Orders
Attack Green Creature, Equip Rock Tool, Make Hide Armor, Eat Meat
Lamech

Postby Swodaems » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 pm

M20 "Sod" will Eat, Ask flames how to leave/(activate the two remaining altars), attempt to sacrifice meat to unlit altar, and equip beak as codpiece. (My characters apparently need genital protection.)

If this game ends on turn 15 like the other one did, we only have this turn and the next to do whatever it is we're meant to do. Hopefully, we know after my actions have completed if activating the two remaining altars is possible.
Swodaems

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:38 pm

M10 grabs a rock axe jabs himself to let some blood out and bleeds on the alter. Then he will set about creating a raft.
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Wow that was quick. Do you folks want to think about this stuff? Nope? Okay then.

Just waiting on Werebiscuit. Good 'ol Werebiscuit.

Waitin', waitin', waitin'.

For good ol' Werebiscuit. Biscuit, biscuit, biscuit. Were.
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:09 am

We currently have just enough for a full stack NEXT turn. If Charles comes back before then...
WhirdCheese

Postby Swodaems » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:50 am

WhirdCheese wrote:We currently have just enough for a full stack NEXT turn. If Charles comes back before then...

Or we could just run away and let Monk deal with him. It is probably everyone's best chance at survival.
Swodaems

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 am

Considering the massive bonus I'd get if you guys stacked with me, no, me dealing with it alone would ensure all of us dieing. Stacking with me we at least have a chance of fighting back. Also, I plan to gather up the wood from the SE hex, so I'll be carrying 6 wood in my backpack, then I'm moving back to the home spot and seeing if I can make a raft with 6 wood. Anyone that wants to come and contribute more wood to the pile is welcome to join me.
CroverusRaven

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games