Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (closed) - Rules and Discussion

Postby Kaed » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Your doom is nigh, Daphnes... And it's name is Kathy Green!

*thunderclap* Muhahahaha!
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Well Kathy Green will have to strike quick, as I have a series of cunning plans that will make next turn a very interesting turn.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Koliup » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:36 am

Well, we have more proof that casters can be heirs, and eventually rulers.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby 0beron » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 am

We already knew that because of Wanda being appointed one. What we're still waiting to see is an Heir actually POP as a Caster. It makes logical sense that it's possible, just would be nice to see it confirmed (with Jillian's Heir ideally hehehe)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 am

Transylvito is working on an heir too. Depending on the discipline, they could really use it to their advantage. They kinda need it as I reckon after Jetstone they'll be the next most accesable target. I remember Parson saying he might go after Faq next due to Jillian being there and with force, but it might not be an easy victory anymore. Especially not with the amount of dwagons lost in this fight already. Hmm, actually, this battle has been a pretty big hit for Gobwin Knob. The archons are down, so no easy scouting around the Misty Mountains for Stanley to quickly and easily tame more dwagons, of which he's lost a bunch already, so to rebuild a sizeable airforce would give other sides enough time to pop an heir and more forces besides. Book 3 will be really interesting.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:26 am

0beron wrote:We already knew that because of Wanda being appointed one. What we're still waiting to see is an Heir actually POP as a Caster. It makes logical sense that it's possible, just would be nice to see it confirmed (with Jillian's Heir ideally hehehe)

It's probably tremendously improbable, considering the amount of time popping an heir takes, unless heirs have a higher chance of being caster than a standard warlord.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:42 am

Wanda is the only heir we've seen pop as a caster, and arguably that's more to do with fate than any particular mechanics so I agree at the really low chance of it occuring. Transylvito might not have a caster heir then, but Jillian is another matter. I'm beginning to wonder that, whatever the 4th arkentool may be, Jillian will be the one to attune to it.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:46 am

Lord of Monies wrote:Wanda is the only heir we've seen pop as a caster, and arguably that's more to do with fate than any particular mechanics so I agree at the really low chance of it occuring. Transylvito might not have a caster heir then, but Jillian is another matter. I'm beginning to wonder that, whatever the 4th arkentool may be, Jillian will be the one to attune to it.

... Wanda was popped as a regular caster. Her father promoted her about 20 seconds before he died to a Haffaton ambush.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Oh, right. I assumed she was an heir as she had the same surname and saw the King as father. That typically means an heir of some sort, right?
Lord of Monies

Postby Koliup » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 pm

She popped as a caster who just happened to be related to the Overlord, but yes, that typically means they're an heir, or royal and can be a proper non popped heir, Lord of Monies. From what we've seen, Casters have a very small chance of being related to the ruler(note the eyes). It strikes me that most have white eyes, and are unrelated.
On that note, if a royal side pops a caster; and that caster is also Royal(read: related to the monarch), if they are promoted to heir, are they heir designate, or heir? Can a caster become a king/queen, instead of an overlord?
Anyway, from what I see, any command unit(except a chieftain, it seems) seemingly has a chance to pop as a caster. But the reason we have yet to see any heir casters, is due to the fact that getting any casters beyond the first few is extremely difficult, and heirs take forever to pop. It's not worth it to produce a bunch of heirs just trying to get a caster one. Usually.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Kaed » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:15 am

Unbeknownst to all of you, this update has furthered secret plans. Muhahah-

Monies: How can it be unbeknownst to us if you just told us-

SILENCE! YOU KNOW NOTHIIIING *flails arms at*
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:29 am

..........well this is bad.

Meanwhile, how's House doing? Been a little while since I've had a post so I assumed you were busy/thinking.

edit: oooooh, actually, there's something else to consider too. I think I need to move quickly.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:59 pm

So, it seems we have gotten confirmation of something that I kinda suspected and already had in place after a fashion. Towers boost all kinds of spellcasting, not just the "natural shockamancy" of Air Defenses. Now to figure out a way to actually quantify it when it's not a purely offensive spell like I already have written....
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Also, semi related...YAY I'M MOVING AGAIN! *Victoria wakes up feeling like she's slept for an entire month* You rock Kaed :)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:07 pm

Don't worry too much about the tower. I'm figuring it makes spells easier and less likely to fail. Possibly a juice discount depending on the tower's magnitude for in-discipline casting.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:11 pm

So would taking something like the spell-boost+ city flavour add to this then? Might need to slightly alter my eventual progression plan then. Eventual being the key word in my case.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Well Towers automatically get a Boost depending on their height (which is a function of their Hits). The Spell Boost+ flavor adds on top of that. So yes and no, your Tower will have some kind of boost regardless, but if you want to focus on it, then the Flavor is helpful.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Monies is enjoying his advanced magical theory. Ohm nom philosophy.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am

So Kaed, do I interpret your subtle "ruling" during my current turn to mean that all cities now produce 8-stacks of Infantry at all levels?
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Koliup » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 am

0beron wrote:So Kaed, do I interpret your subtle "ruling" during my current turn to mean that all cities now produce 8-stacks of Infantry at all levels?

That's what he means, yes. Probably.
All systems nominal.
Koliup

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games