Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:11 am

M2 Choppy will Move East x2 and move East x 2
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:01 am

Processing...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 am

Turn 14
Actions: . . .

M18 Moves East, picks up an axe and EATS!

M6 Monk Wears one of the beaks on his head, eats some more meat, chop bush, chop bush, gather up the 3 wood, Move SE(x2), Chop bush, Chop wood.

Random VI moves W, gathers food, eats.

M21 Mad Science Orders Attack Green Creature (0 hits inflicted, 6 hits taken… today is not your day)

M20 "Sod" will Eat, Ask flames how to leave/(activate the two remaining altars) {The flames do not answer, but merely continue to sing "He's Coming Back! He's Coming Back! }, attempt to sacrifice meat to unlit altar {the altar is not activated by adding meat} and equip beak as codpiece. (My characters apparently need genital protection.)

M10 grabs a rock axe jabs himself to let some blood out and bleeds on the alter {the Altar is not activated by adding blood}. Then he will set about creating a raft.

M2 Choppy will Move East x2 and move East x 2

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 6, Defence 7, Hits 7 /8, Move 8, Level 5
Shelby Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits 8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 4, Level 1
V2 Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits 8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M18 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M19 "Random VI" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M20 "Sod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M21 "Mad Science" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M22 (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Armour Armour, +2 Defence Found Item
Shield Armour, +1 Defence Costs 1 Wood
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
None

Turn 15 Starts in 24 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
The voices from the piles of stones are still singing… "He's not cwoaked! But he sure is annoyed! Better leave, while you can!"

Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
(The Green Creature in the Home Hex has 1 hit remaining)
The Vicious Food Beat (Testudo Aubreii) is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:24 am

The Big Head has materialised in the North Western Hex.

He rides a mighty Big Dog, and is accompanied by a Very Big Bird.

The Big Head has Combat 6, Defence 5, Hits 12/12, Move 4.
The Big Dog has Combat +4, Defence +3, Hits +12, Move +4.
The Very Big Dog has Combat 8, Defence 4, Hits 16/16, Move 8.

The Big Head looks about him, examines the stumps, and bellows as if in very great pain.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am

Apparently all the things I've been cwoaking don't give EXP, only the altars give any levels.

M6 Monk chops last bush in hex, attacks the wild Greeney, starts making raft, is making it decently sized, makes sure raft is sturdy, uses Greeney hide to make a sail, finishes making sail, examines raft for quality, then calls to the marbits in the surrounding hexes

"We should probably leave this place soon guys! Or at least group up so we have some strength in numbers. Follow me and I will do what I can to lead you off this place."
CroverusRaven

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 am

Also, just so I'm clear, my stats don't include the bonuses from my weapons or gear, do they? I know I gained the 4 points to all my stats from leveling. If I include the bonuses from my gear, and Shelby, my total stats should end up being: Combat 11, Defence 10, Hits 15/16, Move 9.

And I wanted to be clear that the creatures I've killed (including 2 Big Birds, 1 VFB, and 3 Greeneys) and I defeated Big Head in combat (he didn't cwoak but I incapacitated him for the turn), none of these combat victories award me or Shelby any exp. That's what I'm getting from everything.
CroverusRaven

Postby The Colonel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:04 am

Where's M18?
The Colonel

Postby Swodaems » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 am

M20 "Sod" will grab 2 meat, move SE, examine north altar in hex, and stack with Monk for defense.
Swodaems

Postby The Colonel » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 am

Oh, there. M18 will rest for 1 turn, harvest 2 wood and use one wood to cook.
The Colonel

Postby Lamech » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:41 pm

M22 More Science Orders
Attack Green Creature, Equip Rock Tool, Make Hide Armor, Eat Meat
Lamech

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:09 pm

O C'mon, not even a single remark about Snoopy? What is with you people! Charles Darwin is riding on a Beagle! A BEAGLE!
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:40 pm

LTDave wrote:O C'mon, not even a single remark about Snoopy? What is with you people! Charles Darwin is riding on a Beagle! A BEAGLE!

Argh, yet again I am kicking myself for not seeing the obvious. I got the Charlie/Snoopy connection, but not that one.

I think that has to do with the fact that I don't think of Snoopy as a beagle. Snoopy is just Snoopy. His breed is somewhat forgettable.
Swodaems

Postby KF25 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Random IV moves SE, help M6.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 pm

What is this snopesy you are talking about?
Lamech

Postby WhirdCheese » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:42 pm

M10 will put the raft together and make more boards.
WhirdCheese

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:42 am

Wait, didn't M18 move EAST last turn? why is has he been moved west?
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:15 am

M2 Choppy will fill his backpack with meat, sacrifice the remaining beak to the stone pillar and move southeast
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:18 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Wait, didn't M18 move EAST last turn? why is has he been moved west?

I don't know... error on my part. Woops. Sorry, The Colonel - now I can see why you couldn't find him - why didn't you object?

Sorry.

Processing.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Turn 15
Actions: . . .

M6 Monk chops last bush in hex, attacks the wild Greeney (6 hits inflicted, no hits taken), starts making raft, is making it decently sized, makes sure raft is sturdy, uses Greeney hide to make a sail, finishes making sail, examines raft for quality, then calls to the marbits in the surrounding hexes

M20 "Sod" will grab 2 meat, move SE, examine north altar in hex {It seems to be just a pile of large stones, but looking closer, M20 can almost hear the tiny whispers of invsible creatures that live within. They seem to be calling for something, but M20 know he doesn't have what they desire...}, and stack with Monk for defense.

M18 will rest for 1 turn, harvest 2 wood and use one wood to cook.

M22 More Science Orders Attack Green Creature {4 hits inflicted, 2 hits taken}, Equip Rock Tool, Make Hide Armor

Random IV moves SE, help M6. {with M19's help, the raft is finished!}

M10 will put the raft together and make more boards {raft is nearly ready}

M2 Choppy will fill his backpack with meat, sacrifice the remaining beak to the stone pillar and move southeast

Unit Status
Name
M2 "Choppy" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 6, Defence 7, Hits 7 /8, Move 8, Level 5
Shelby Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits 8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M10 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 5 /5, Move 4, Level 1
V2 Combat +1, Defence +3, Hits 8 /8, Move +1, Level 1
M18 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M19 "Random VI" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M20 "Sod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M22 "More Science" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M23 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide
Armour Armour, +2 Defence Found Item
Shield Armour, +1 Defence Costs 1 Wood
Back Pack Carries up to 6 small things Costs Hide

Pop Queue
None
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:13 pm

After the Marbit's turn has ended, the Big Head and his companions move to the Home Hex, where they encounter M22 "More Science" (Lamech) and M23 (NPC).

The Big Head looks around the hex, spies the small tree, laughs triumphantly, and then ATTACKS the MARBITS!

The Big Head has Combat 6, Defence 5, Hits 12/12, Move 4.
The Big Dog has Combat +4, Defence +3, Hits +12, Move +4.
The Very Big Bird has Combat 8, Defence 4, Hits 16/16, Move 8.

Big Head (riding the Big Dog) attacks M22 - 10+2-3= 9 hits inflicted.
M22 strikes back at Big Head - 2+6-8 = 0 hits inflicted.
M22 cwoaks.

Very Big Bird - 8+2-2 = 8 hits inflicted.
M23 is terrified at being attacked by a giant yellow bird, says "O bird!", and strikes back - 2+5-4 = 3 hits inflicted.
M23 Cwoaks.

Turn 16 Starts in 24 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
The voices from the piles of stones are still singing… "He's not cwoaked! But he sure is annoyed! Better leave, while you can!"

Green Creatures are Combat 2, Defence 4, Hits 6, Move 8.
The Vicious Food Beat (Testudo Aubreii) is Combat 2, Defence 6, Hits 8, Move 2.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games