Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Postby Nnelg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 am

Oh, also:

I'll bet 10q to someone else's 5q that Jillian croaks Olive Branch after the latter becomes Overlady of Haffaton.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby drachefly » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:22 pm

I haven't incorporated the latest pool into the totals yet, but I will when I have more uninterrupted time so I don't screw it up.
drachefly

Postby effataigus » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Nnelg wrote:Oh, also:

I'll bet 10q to someone else's 5q that Jillian croaks Olive Branch after the latter becomes Overlady of Haffaton.

Hmm, I think you're probably right, but make that 15 to 5 and you've got yourself a taker!
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Nnelg » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:03 pm

effataigus wrote:

Hmm, I think you're probably right, but make that 15 to 5 and you've got yourself a taker!

Sorry, I'm not going that high. :P
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby bladestorm » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 pm

I'll take it. It will probably consume the last of my free quatloo, so no pool bonuses from me if we decide to go with another round of next named caster.
bladestorm

Postby bladestorm » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 am

1 - Findamancer
2 - Predictamancer (claimed by effataigus)
3 - Mathemancer
4 - Turnamancer (claimed by Nnelg)
5 - Dollamancer
6 - Weirdomancer (claimed by drachefly)
7 - Dirtamancer
8 - Changemancer (claimed by effataigus)
9 - Dittomancer
10 - Lookamancer (claimed by bladestorm)
11 - Thinkamancer (claimed by Whispri)
12 - Foolamancer
13 - Florist
14 - Signamancer
15 - Date-a-mancer
16 - Shockamancer (claimed by Whispri)
17 - Croakamancer
18 - Hat Magician
19 - Carnymancer (claimed by drachefly)
20 - Rhyme-o-mancer
21 - Luckamancer
22 - Healomancer
23 - Moneymancer (claimed by bladestorm)

Total Pot - 19 (9 bids + 10 from bladestorm)(+3 pending from effataigus)[/quote]
So, Whispri +20 (pot of 19, less his 2 initial bid, plus the remaining 3 from effataigus)
effataigus -5
bladestorm -12
drachefly -2
Nnelg -1
bladestorm

Postby bladestorm » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Couple of options at this point. We can renew our pool for when Parson exits the portal. We can reset the next named caster pool, without my bonus 10. We could also start up a different pool for who is gonna be the next named person croaked/dusted.
bladestorm

Postby drachefly » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:57 am

I think there are few enough options left on Parson x Portal that it's not worth holding a pool over.

Offer whatever pool you want, really...
drachefly

Postby bladestorm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Next pool! 1Q buyin for once choice. 24 hour lapse between buyins, just like with the next magic user to be named.

Who is going to croak next*?

Olive Branch
Overlady Judy
King Banhammer
Queen Jillian Zamussels
Duncan Scone
Stanley the Tool
Sizemore Rockwell
Maggie
Jack Snipe
Wanda Firebaugh
Lady Sylvia Lazarus
K.C.
Ansom
Ford (Ranger)
Captain Twenty
Parson Gotti
Zhopa
Vurp
Mung
King Dickie
Captain Overpants
Prince Sammy
King Slately 2.0 (aka Clonely)
Prince Tramennis
Duke Adam Antium
Duke Lacrosse
Captain Price
Countess Artemis
Cubbins
Ace Hardware
Lloyd
Pierce
Janis
Ken
Jeftichew
Bowie
Spenser
Uhura
Marie Lavraie
Hubble
Duke Nozzle
Don King
Bunny
Vinny Doombats
Caesar Borgata
Al Frappacino
Dewy Tulips
Leather Valese
Benjamin
Wrigley
Charlie
Adderall Hawk
Betsy Murgatroyd
Labeler
Moothfott
Orwell
Rusty Trombone

*'Next' implying temporal relativity to the original posting of this pool, whether it is in Book 0 or Book 2. If the character is already croaked in Book 2, but still very much alive in Book 0, the bid is for when they croak in Book 0. If Jillian gets notified that some of the casters died when Haffaton assaulted FAQ, that doesn't count since the assault was depicted as prior to this posting (we just have not had the body count for that assault, and it may be all a ruse anyway. Olive could have used a Lookamancy spell to spy on Faq, saw those plants and used Flower Power to grow her own version). And we need actual depiction/confirmation of the croaking -- no presumed dead. Because it can be difficult to have such proof in this comic, we can let this roll until we have that proof. We had no proof that Cubbins was dead, but some of us assumed he was. So, if someone had bet on Cubbins, and someone else had bet on Slately, whoever bet on Slately would have won, since it was confirmed that Slately's body lay in state upon yon rooftop. Ossomer dusting, Archer dusting, Overlord Firebaugh promoting Wanda and then the entire Side ending, Bogroll leveling twice from killing Ansom, Bogroll being dismembered and burned, Bea entering the portal and the entire Side ending, Ossomer getting stabbed by Sylvia (who leveled) and becoming decrypted, and Stanely's statement of "Manpower bit it at Warchalking. I need to to uncroak him" all count as confirmation. When Jillian wakes up as a barbarian, that's confirmation that Banhammer has croaked. Several presumed dead Spacerock personnel are included on the chance of decryption and dusting. In an event such as the volcano trap, special rulings ill need to take place, since literally everyone involved died at the exact same time. List was compiled from the wiki page, so if that's still wrong, someone with more wiki-savvy than me needs to fix while I update this post (unless there's a chance of them showing up as decrypted, in which case them getting dusted counts).
bladestorm

Postby drachefly » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Judy. DOOOOM.

By the way, we might want to split these rapid-fire pools off into their own thread. They'd share quatloo count, but not load the main thread up.
drachefly

Postby bladestorm » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:56 pm

drachefly wrote:Judy. DOOOOM.

By the way, we might want to split these rapid-fire pools off into their own thread. They'd share quatloo count, but not load the main thread up.

Split off.
bladestorm

Postby Whispri » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Whelp, he's through the Portal, so all bets relating to that are now decided.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah, I'm going through and handling those now... done!
drachefly

Postby Oberon » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:02 am

I'm facing a fiscal cliff!

~~~~
Oberon (Oh) wagers Bladestorm 20 quatloos that Jetstone does not fall this day. (see original post for details on definition of 'day')
~~~~
Oberon (Oh) wagers Bladestorm 20 quatloos that Parson and at least but not limited to Wanda do pass through the Jetstone portal. This does not have to be together, but it will be this day.
~~~~

Jetstone is much more likely to fall now that Parson (and Jack!) is through the portal. But there's still time for Tram to get to Spacerock and save the side for at least another day.

Wanda didn't go through with Parson and it doesn't look like she'll be allowed to. I felt sure that the battle wasn't winnable without Wanda's decrypted bonus.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby drachefly » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Salem wrote:
Ardmore W. Jeepers wrote:Just thinking after browsing the archives...

Jack's explanation to Ansom of how to capture a leader unit that's being heavily protected: http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -11-14.jpg

"It's quite a smart tactic... I was at hand when someone smarter than you invented it"

I wonder if this is where he sees it invented?

He MEANT Parson. He really really really really meant Parson. The alternative involves a rusty trombone.

I bet 10q, even odds, he didn't mean Parson.
drachefly

Postby bladestorm » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 pm

10Q that Olive beds King Banhammer.
bladestorm

Postby Oberon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:37 am

bladestorm wrote:10Q that Olive beds King Banhammer.
Accepted, if you'll accept a time limit of say, 3 turns. I don't want to take bets that require the end of the entire Inner Peace book to resolve...
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby bladestorm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 am

Oberon wrote:
bladestorm wrote:10Q that Olive beds King Banhammer.
Accepted, if you'll accept a time limit of say, 3 turns. I don't want to take bets that require the end of the entire Inner Peace book to resolve...

How about definitively by Episode 63? If they get on the buds, we may have no means of telling how many turns pass.
bladestorm

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread

Postby Whispri » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:53 am

Whispri wrote:
Sixty wrote:I'll bet someone 10q that Jillian's yellow dwagon gets converted by Stanley when he attacks. If it dies before then or something else happens to it, the other person wins.

I'll take that bet.

So yeah, the Dwagon's long gone at this point... I don't mind waiting per se, but what reason is there to think the Dwagon will ever be seen or heard of again?
Whispri

Postby Nakedkali » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey Drachefly, my quatloo total is wrong. Sure, I lost 50q, but it has since been December and January, so I should have 20 more. I should have -30q, not -50.

That was almost a win for me. Xin *could* have been sane and taken the holidays off! grumble brumble grumble.
Nakedkali

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld