Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King

Postby Swodaems » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:13 am

WhirdCheese wrote:M5 chops the small bushes *3 then chop large tree.

Werebiscuit wrote:M7 will order M10 & M9... Right give me your gems and I'll go exchange them. Both of you keep digging after giving me the gems.

(M9 give gem to M7 dig X3)
(M10 give both gems to M7 dig X3)

M7 lucky will take gems (since they're giving me them I trust I don't have to equip) and go NW and buy crossbow & knife for himself and an axe which he will drop, with 2 of the gems. He will buy heavy armour with the other which he will wear. He will use the crossbow to shoot the J-raffe use the knife to make a hide bag which he will equip.

so in effect since buying doesnt seem to use orders he should go NW, shoot the j-raffe and make bag and possibly equip bag

Oh Dear. 3 losses to starvation. And one of them a PC.

I believe there is still a couple hides left over in the starting hex from the first 3 J-raffes we killed.

M4 "Pod" will Eat, Order M11 to (take my axe, start making a bag, finish making a bag, give me back my axe), Order M12 to (equip bag, go SE, place any gems dug up by M9 and M10 in bag, return NW), and take bag from M12.

Pod tells Xino, "We've spotted 2 Gobwins riding on wolves in the hex that's 1 hex E and 1 hex SE from here. Please inform the Marking. By the way, is there any way for you to get me pea seeds?"
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 am

Seymour says to M7, "M7 Lucky: Our diggers M10 & M9 need to eat, or they will die. I intend to feed them in exchange for gems. Would you mind cancelling your orders, or at least amending them so that they have 1 eat action ? Also, I'd like to grab at least 1 gem from them to buy armor."

M1 "Seymour" : Eat, Feed M9, Feed M10, Move SE (road).
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby LTDave » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 pm

I don't have time to process today, so I extend a 24 hour reprieve for those that wish it...
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 am

OOC I thought about this a while after I logged in at the weekend. Yes, I forgot to order M9 and M10 to eat and probably would have changed my orders had I noticed but it would not have mattered had they not been previously also "forgotten". I also wish to find out if Marbits "Feed" orders are viable so I'm not going to change my orders currently. MarbitChow, regardless if your feed orders work or not, and I hope they do, M9 and M10 will hopefully dig up some gems so there will be gems for you in the near future. After 2 turns of little help I'm now helping myself. We can either co-operate or not and at the moment it looks like every marbit for himself. /OOC
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:47 am

OOC: Yeah, I already planned to grab a gem or two on the way back, but I wanted to scout the next hex first. (The spirit of Otis the explorer lives on, I guess, and not just in Sto, the anti-Otis.) I'm really just trying to call "Dibs" on at least one of the remaining gems, assuming that my food & actions keep the diggers alive.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Hope I'm not too late. I've been gone all weekend LARPing.

M6 Peter eats, Moves SE, then digs for gems x2
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Sorry folks - very busy today. Update this evening if all goes to plan.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:34 am

Processing...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:16 am

Turn 4
Actions: .

Random VII eats,moves SE, scouts SW.

M5 chops the small bushes *3 then chop large tree - didn't eat, cwoaks.

M7 will order M10 & M9... Right give me your gems and I'll go exchange them. Both of you keep digging after giving me the gems.
(M9 give gem to M7 dig X3 - finds no gems)
(M10 give both gems to M7 dig X3 - finds 1 gem)
M7 lucky will take gems (since they're giving me them I trust I don't have to equip) and go NW and buy crossbow & knife for himself and an axe which he will drop, with 2 of the gems. He will buy heavy armour with the other which he will wear. He will use the crossbow to shoot the J-raffe use the knife to make a hide bag which he will equip.
{one action move, one action to buy and equip, one action to attack J-Raffe - 6 hits inflicted at range - target has not cwoaked - second round of combat - 7 hits inflicted, 0 hits taken in reply}

M3 'Tech Two' Orders head south east, dig for gems {1 gem found}, Try to get a acorn from the big tree {no acorn - what kind of pine tree has acorns? Also no pine cones.}, grab a piece of food

M4 "Pod" will Eat, Order M11 to (take my axe, start making a bag, finish making a bag, give me back my axe), Order M12 to (equip bag, go SE, place any gems dug up by M9 and M10 in bag {M9 and M10 refuse to give up their gems, having no orders to do so}, return NW), and take bag from M12.
Pod tells Xino, "We've spotted 2 Gobwins riding on wolves in the hex that's 1 hex E and 1 hex SE from here. Please inform the Marking. By the way, is there any way for you to get me pea seeds?"

M1 "Seymour" : Eat, Feed M9, Feed M10, Move SE (road).

M6 Peter eats, Moves SE, then digs for gems x2 {finds 2 gems}

M8 eats and sings the day away…

When the Marbit Turn ends, 2 Gobwins riding FereWolves enter the Mining Hex, and Combat Erupts!
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:23 am

Gobwins are Combat 2 (5), Defence 2 (3), Hits 4/4, Move 4.
FereWolves are Combat 6, Defence 2, Hits 8/8, Move 6.

So the Gobwin Stack is Combat 22 + 4d6, Defence 2.5, Hits 32/32

The Marbit Defenders form a Stack with Combat 13 + 5d6, Defence 2.4 (12/5), Hits 20/20

Fight!

Round 1:
Gobwins roll 6, 5, 3, 6 = 22 + 19 = 41 / 2.4 = 17 hits inflcted (3 Marbits are still standing with 1 hit each)

Marbits roll 3, 2, 5, 4 = 13 + 14 = 27 / 2.5 = 11 hits inflcted (no Gobwins or Mounts cwoaked)

Apparently satisfied with their work, the Gobwins steal the gems from the fallen Marbits, and move back out of the hex.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:03 am

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2 (3), Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 1 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 1 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" Swodaems Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M5 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Peter" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2 (4), Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 "Lucky" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M8 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 1 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M10 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M11 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M13 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M14 (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood, 1 iron
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue

Turn 5 Ends in 36 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Butter Bear are Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6, Move 2.
El Tigre are Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 10, Move 6.
Gobwins are Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4, Move 4.
FereWolves are Combat 6, Defence 2, Hits 8, Move 6.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 am

"Gobwins? In the Valley? You must be dreaming. There are no Gobwins here! It must have been a random encounter.

Pea seeds, eh? Fancy yourself a farmer? I'll have to trade for them with the MarPothecary's MarGuild. Bring me some interesting plant specimens, and I can probably get you some pea seeds."
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 am

M7 Lucky Eats, makes bag from hide equips bag (if needed) places knife in bag & grabs axe

OOC one I owe you MarbitChow. I want 1 more gem for something... if I dig and get 2 or otherwise comeacross more than 1 one of them is yours /OOC

Lucky mutters loudly enough for Xino to hear "Looks like the 'random encounter' killed a couple of Marbits "

OOC Poor butterbears.... no food, now. Where are they going to go ? If they enter the homehex , it's down to you Whirdcheese.
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:03 am

Wow werebiscuit, don't leave any equipment for us. It's not like we can use something to defend ourselves of anything.

Edit: reread the rule about editing, sorry :oops:
Last edited by CroverusRaven on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 am

CroverusRaven wrote:Wow werebiscuit, don't leave any equipment for us. It's not like we can use something to defend ourselves of anything.

After 2 turns of asking for equipment I decided it's every marbit for themselves.

P.S. There's 3 hexes with equipment in...I just grabbed the nearest.
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:09 am

M7 Lucky Eats, makes bag from hide equips bag (if needed) places knife in bag & grabs axe

so it's unedited
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 am

Just a quick question... How are we using crossbows one handed? Shouldn't they be 2-handed items, like spears were?

If they are 1-handed as we've been using them, can a Marbit wield 2 Crossbows? If so, I want to try turning Parker into a Crossbow-slinger (like a gunslinger, but with crossbows.) 8-)

Edit: Apologies, I didn't notice the stuff laying on the ground in the South-Eastern most hex, and didn't even think about looting the dead until after making my post.
Last edited by CroverusRaven on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
CroverusRaven

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 am

M14 Parker, Moves SE, retrieves Heavy armor and Shovel from the body of Peter, then goes back NW
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:14 am

CroverusRaven wrote:Just a quick question... How are we using crossbows one handed? Shouldn't they be 2-handed items, like spears were?

If they are 1-handed as we've been using them, can a Marbit wield 2 Crossbows? If so, I want to try turning Parker into a Crossbow-slinger (like a gunslinger, but with crossbows.) 8-)

Note Spears were 1 handed...several mabits used spear + shield or spear + knife last game... er actually previous to last game
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 am

Huh... I could have sworn they were listed as being 2 handed... I should probably go to bed. :?
CroverusRaven

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games