Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 am

M1 "Seymour" attempts to tame creature (El Tigre, I assume) with meat. If succeeds, mount creature and ride NW, NW, fill bag with meat.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Crap. I believe we have to meet Xino's deadline by the end of this turn and I think we're short 1 gem. We've sold 6 of the 10 required to him. M8 is holding 2 and M3 is holding 1. We need to get those 3 gems sold and we'll need to find and sell another gem as well.

With that in mind:
M4 "Pod" will go SE, Order M9 to (Dig for gems X3, and place any gems found in Pod's bag), return NW, and buy heavy armors with all available gems*. (*All available gems should be able to include the two gems M8 is holding if theColonel misses this turn as well. In the last order he gave, theColonel said the M8 would give the change from his purchases to another Marbit in the Hex.)

LTDave, is purchasing a free action if we don't equip the items used?

And why did we only have 13 combat in the battle?

LTDave wrote:The Marbit Defenders form a Stack with Combat 13 + 5d6, Defence 2.4 (12/5), Hits 20/20

4 of those 5 Marbit were wielding shovels and the other was wielding a sword and a knife. Shouldn't our combat have been: 10(5*2(base marbit combat))+4(4*1(shovels))+3(sword)+{1(knife) [Can we use more than 1 weapon in combat?]}=17{18}?
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 pm

You're right about the shovels - the Marbits did 12 hits, rather than 11, so no real difference. You came within 3 hits of cwoaking a Gobwin.

Knives don't add to combat - they are just tools.
LTDave

Postby KF25 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Can we build any defenses?
KF25

Postby KF25 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Random VII moves SE, gather food, eat, drop knife/equip sword.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:59 pm

M3 'tech two' Orders
[b]Equip as many items as possible from fallen marbits in one action, Try to extract meat, bones or other materials from fallen marbits, Move NW, Rest

Also I'm not starving right? Oh and the idea with the first action was I could equip a lot with one action, but I would drop the excess. Thus saving the items from depopping. I would prefer to keep my shovel.
"Hey guys equipment in the hex to the south east!"
Lamech

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm

M5's ghost possesses an NPC M10 if possible.
Last edited by WhirdCheese on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhirdCheese

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:12 pm

"GHOSTS! We are being attacked by GHOSTS! Oh wait they are only going after the NPCs. They aren't really people."
Lamech

Postby The Colonel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm

M8 buys an Axe, Equips it, moves SE stacks up with the other marbits and attacks a single butterbear.

M9 JOIN IN THE ASSAULT!
The Colonel

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 am

Hey guys, make sure you are using bold text for official orders. If you forget to post it, please repost instead of editing to avoid confusion.
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 am

LTDave wrote:You're right about the shovels - the Marbits did 12 hits, rather than 11, so no real difference. You came within 3 hits of cwoaking a Gobwin.

Knives don't add to combat - they are just tools.

So there's no real point to having a knife now ? Since you can make any tool with any other tool and at least shovels and axes provide plusses to combat ?

LTDave wrote:{Minor Rules Clarifications: A Player who indicates they wish to join may not simply claim an NPC - they must wait until the following turn and are assigned one.

Any kind of tool can be used to create any kind of tool - but only axes can be used to chop wood, and only shovels can be used to dig.}

how about only knives work leather ?...as a suggestion to make them 'essential' again

BTW LTDave if the first clarification is due to me taking M7 can I say in my defence that 2 posts prior to me jumping in and taking him you had posted
LTDave wrote:
"Agricola? I don't know that game. At the moment the great need of the MarKing is gems. My quota is 10 gems in three turns time."

{Waiting on orders from The Colonel - and there is an NPC waiting for a Player if anyone wants to jump on in - M7}
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Swodaems wrote:
[b]LTDave, is purchasing a free action if we don't equip the items used?

No - it still takes an action whether you equip or not.

Werebiscuit wrote: So there's no real point to having a knife now ? Since you can make any tool with any other tool and at least shovels and axes provide plusses to combat ?

Knives only cost 1/2 wood, so that's a bonus. But I might add in the leather work thing to give them an extra bonus.

Werebiscuit wrote:BTW LTDave if the first clarification is due to me taking M7 can I say in my defence that 2 posts prior to me jumping in and taking him you had posted
LTDave wrote:{Waiting on orders from The Colonel - and there is an NPC waiting for a Player if anyone wants to jump on in - M7}

Yes, that's fine. It's what sparked the notice of problem in my mind. A Player had already issued orders to that NPC, and then you took over and changedt hsoe orders. I didn't want that to happen again.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:55 am

processing...
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:24 am

Werebiscuit wrote:BTW LTDave if the first clarification is due to me taking M7 can I say in my defence that 2 posts prior to me jumping in and taking him you had posted
LTDave wrote:{Waiting on orders from The Colonel - and there is an NPC waiting for a Player if anyone wants to jump on in - M7}

Yes, that's fine. It's what sparked the notice of problem in my mind. A Player had already issued orders to that NPC, and then you took over and changedt hsoe orders. I didn't want that to happen again.[/quote]

Ah...sorry hadn't realised he'd been giver prior orders.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am

Turn 5
Actions: . . .

M7 Lucky Eats, makes bag from hide equips bag (if needed) places knife in bag & grabs axe

M14 Parker, Moves SE, retrieves Heavy armor and Shovel from the body of Peter, then goes back NW

M1 "Seymour" attempts to tame creature (El Tigre, I assume) with meat. If succeeds, mount creature and ride NW, NW, fill bag with meat. {It takes 2 meat to tame the creature, but it will not allow M1 to mount. Instead, it follows M1 from hex to hex, stacking with him.}

M4 "Pod" will go SE, Order M9 to (Dig for gems X3, and place any gems found in Pod's bag {No Gems are found}), return NW, and buy heavy armors with all available gems*. (*All available gems should be able to include the two gems M8 is holding if theColonel misses this turn as well. In the last order he gave, theColonel said the M8 would give the change from his purchases to another Marbit in the Hex.) {M4 uses the change from M8's purchase to arrange Heavy Armour}

Random VII moves SE, gather food, eat, drop knife/equip sword.

M3 'tech two' Orders Equip as many items as possible from fallen marbits in one action, Try to extract meat, bones or other materials from fallen marbits, Move NW, Rest {M3 cannot equip any more items without dropping the shovel or the gem. M3 cannot bring himself to desecrate the bodies of his fallen comrades}

M8 buys an Axe, Equips it, moves SE stacks up with the other marbits and attacks a single butterbear {M8 does 5 hits, takes 2 hits. Second round: M8 does 3 hits, takes 3 hits, M8 Cwoaks, Butterbear Cwoaks}

M11, M12, M13 eat and sing…

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2 (3), Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" Swodaems Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 "Lucky" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M8 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M11 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M13 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M14 "Parker" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M15 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M16 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood, 1 iron
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue

Turn 6 Ends in 36 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

[b]Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

{Map error - there should be 6 food in the South Eastern hex - and only 6}

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Butter Bear are Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6, Move 2.
El Tigre are Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 10, Move 6.
Gobwins are Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4, Move 4.
FereWolves are Combat 6, Defence 2, Hits 8, Move 6.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
Last edited by LTDave on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 am

M5 assults an NPC taking over their pitiful minds.
WhirdCheese

Postby Swodaems » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:36 am

I think we may have mined out the rock pile in the SE hex. Or there is a limit on how many gems an individual or NPC Marbit can mine (Limit may be total or out of a single rock pile).

This should be the last turn to make Xino's deadline. We're at 8/10 with only 1 gem unspent. We need to spend M3's gem, find another gem, and sell that one too.

Where is the other heavy armour Pod purchased? I was expecting it to appear on the ground. Is Xino holding it for another Marbit? Is dropping held items a free action?

I am going to assume dropping is free and order the NPCs to do as many dig actions as I can(6) while dropping their gems. Someone else will have to grab any gems found by them and return with them to purchase something.

KF25, M2 is the Marbit best positioned to grab any gems found by NPCs in the hex that is 2 SE and return home with them. Could you please do that? You'll have to drop one of your swords to do it.

M4 "Pod" will Eat, Order M15 to (Go SE, go SE, Equip shovel and knife, and dig for gems{drop any gems found on ground}),Order M16 to (Go SE, go SE, Equip shovel, and dig for gems{drop any gems found on ground}), and Order M12 to (Order M11 to (go se, equip shovel and axe, dig for gems{drop any gems found on ground}, and Order M9 to (Eat from butterbear, go SE, dig for gems{drop any gems found on ground}, and dig for gems{drop any gems found on ground})), go SE, Equip Shovel, and dig for gems{drop any gems found on ground})

Nested NPC Orders. What have I done?

WhirdCheese wrote:M5 assults an NPC taking over their pitiful minds.
You're listed as already controlling M13.
Swodaems

Postby MarbitChow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:28 am

M1 "Seymour" will eat, move SW, Feed M9, Order M9 to (Dig x3, Give gems to Seymour)
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby CroverusRaven » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:43 am

We can order NPCs to give orders to other NPCs? Doesn't that allow players to monopolize on the NPCs?
CroverusRaven

Postby Lamech » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm

M3 'tech two orders'
Eat, drop that cursed gem, and head SE*2. If he still has an action he will gather a berry.

Finally, if anyone wants something instead of dropping the gem he will spend it in X1's shop for whatever that person wants.
Lamech

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games