Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 056

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 056

Postby Lamech » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:08 pm

True there was speculation and predictions, but this is an outright confirmation.

Suitesned wrote:
Perhaps, rather than waiting for Judy to die, Olive gets killed anyway. After all, Olive is <i>effectively</i> the ruler, in all but name. Thus, she could be called the "ruler" being, as she is, the one who rules. That way, the croaking can come much sooner. It would be nice to see. How it would be explained to the audience is a mystery, though.

I agree with Smurfton here. Olive is already ruling Haffaton. She stated she wasn't going to end turn which I thought only the ruler could do. Judy may be the ruler, but Olive is ruling Judy. Everyone in Erfworld is constantly misinterpreting predictions anyway. Ruler meaning "the action" rather than "the position" seems very plausible.

Other units can end the turn. Ansom was able to delegate turn ending to a subordinate way back in book one. I bet it needs to be delegated from the ruler, or maybe a chief, though. No convincing a random piker to end the turn.
Lamech

Postby Suitesned » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Other units can end the turn. Ansom was able to delegate turn ending to a subordinate way back in book one. I bet it needs to be delegated from the ruler, or maybe a chief, though. No convincing a random piker to end the turn.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Well, Olive appears to have been delegated that responsibility (and just about everything else). Still, Jillian croaking Olive and letting Judy live would still fulfill the prediction in my opinion.
Suitesned

Postby effataigus » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:13 am

Suitesned wrote:...Jillian croaking Olive and letting Judy live would still fulfill the prediction in my opinion.

She's fated to croak the "Ruler of Haffaton." It seems to me that Olive is the ruler of Haffaton and Judy is the Ruler of Haffaton... but then again, I'm awful at capitalization... so it might be ambiguous or the capital "R" might just be what Wanda or Jillian assumed.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby youngstormlord » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:08 pm

This might be important
In her current dream, she was
floating in greenness, trying to
stay hidden from the shapes
that lurked, the voices that called
out and sang and swore at her.
But in the flat, dull world of
reality, she simply followed the
Croakamancer up another set of
stairs.
Olive said Faq forces are in battlespace. Does Faq have a Thinkamancer? Or could it be that her sense of reality is slipping and those hidden things are Jacks Foolamancy, hiding Faq forces? We know Jack can do audio hallucinations as well as visual... So, Olive putting crown of thorns on Jill means that she can finally see whos really there. Cracpot theory I kinda like.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby No one in particular » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 pm

According to IPTSF Text 30, no, no thinkamancers.

All of Faq’s casters were there, in their humble matching robes. Servants waited in the shadows with teacups and sweetmeats.

She recognized the slender Add Hawk [mathamancer], standing right next to big Brother Orwell the Lookamancer. There was Marie LaVraie, the Predictamancer, and Sister Betsy Murgatroyd the Healomancer. The Signamancer, Brother Labeler, stood beside Jack Snipe, their indispensable Foolamancer. Moothfott the Moneymancer stood at the right hand of King Banhammer, of course. Even the lowly and disfavored Shockmancer, Rusty Trombone, was standing off to one side.

Might be natural thinkamancy from the King or something, though. *shrugs*
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Man in the Mists » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 am

Something interesting I thought of: If Ace does end up getting captured and turned to GK, will the return of those spy mannequins be possible? After all, GK does have a Thinkamancer (Maggie) and Wanda may remember them, but may need a link and a Dollmancer to provide the know-how.
Man in the Mists

Postby ftl » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:44 am

Unlikely for narrative reasons, IMO - it would probably be more interesting for the story for them to move on to new things, so that's what Rob would have them do.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Morni » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 am

Man in the Mists wrote:Something interesting I thought of: If Ace does end up getting captured and turned to GK, will the return of those spy mannequins be possible? After all, GK does have a Thinkamancer (Maggie) and Wanda may remember them, but may need a link and a Dollmancer to provide the know-how.

Too many things can happen... i hope to see Parson starts his own side with Cubbin and Ace as caster. plus of course one of the Great Thinkamancer from the MK
Morni

Postby oslecamo2_temp » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 am

Morni wrote:
Man in the Mists wrote:Something interesting I thought of: If Ace does end up getting captured and turned to GK, will the return of those spy mannequins be possible? After all, GK does have a Thinkamancer (Maggie) and Wanda may remember them, but may need a link and a Dollmancer to provide the know-how.

Too many things can happen... i hope to see Parson starts his own side with Cubbin and Ace as caster. plus of course one of the Great Thinkamancer from the MK

Hamster's the current chief warlord of GK, which grants him a massive loyalty boost on top of the one created by the summoning spell. He wasn't willing to surrender when he had his back against the wall against an overwhelming army in a crumbling city. Even now he's advancing to the frontlines by risking the wrath of the magic kingdom, to support GK or die trying.

So out of curiosity, what exactly makes you think Hamster would even consider starting his own side now?
Formerly oslecamo2, unable to acess old acount.
oslecamo2_temp

Postby effataigus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:54 am

oslecamo2_temp wrote:So out of curiosity, what exactly makes you think Hamster would even consider starting his own side now?

If Stanley dies, all bets are off. I don't think Parson will start his own side, but...
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Morni » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 am

oslecamo2_temp wrote:
Morni wrote:

Hamster's the current chief warlord of GK, which grants him a massive loyalty boost on top of the one created by the summoning spell. He wasn't willing to surrender when he had his back against the wall against an overwhelming army in a crumbling city. Even now he's advancing to the frontlines by risking the wrath of the magic kingdom, to support GK or die trying.

So out of curiosity, what exactly makes you think Hamster would even consider starting his own side now?

Because it would be fun.. and it's a story everything can happen :p
Morni

Postby John Campbell » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 pm

oslecamo2_temp wrote:Hamster's the current chief warlord of GK, which grants him a massive loyalty boost on top of the one created by the summoning spell. He wasn't willing to surrender when he had his back against the wall against an overwhelming army in a crumbling city. Even now he's advancing to the frontlines by risking the wrath of the magic kingdom, to support GK or die trying.

Only Zeno could call what Parson's been doing "advancing".
John Campbell

Postby Amado » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 pm

John Campbell wrote:Only Zeno could call what Parson's been doing "advancing".

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first says "gimme a beer." The second, "I'll take 1/2 a beer"; the third, "I'll take 1/4 of a beer"; the fourth, "I'll take 1/8 of a beer."

The bartender cuts them off, "Stop. You're all idiots..." and pours them two beers.

I want that third beer!
Amado

Postby Whispri » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:56 pm

oslecamo2_temp wrote:So out of curiosity, what exactly makes you think Hamster would even consider starting his own side now?

While I can't see Parson starting a new Side (I don't see 'heir designate' on his resume), Charlie's plan involves trapping Parson in Spacerock, presumably to face an attack that is intended to be overwhelming. Having Wanda refound her Side would reopen the portal and allow the appointment of a Chief Warlord of higher level. It may also allow them a Turn before Charlie's.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Except all their casters are in the magic kingdom... so spell defenses will be undirected...

Also still not so sure Olive is going to die...
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Man in the Mists » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:45 am

On second thought, I get the feeling that GK would need a Lookamancer in order to make the spy mannequins. Too bad they don't have one...anymore. :cry:
Man in the Mists

Postby Azukar » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:07 am

No one in particular wrote:According to IPTSF Text 30, no, no thinkamancers.
Might be natural thinkamancy from the King or something, though. *shrugs*

Or a caster casting outside their discipline (I'd vote Jack).

That said, I don't think the jester in Jillian's mind is a mental projection from a FAQ caster.
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby Oberon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:10 pm

effataigus wrote:She's fated to croak the "Ruler of Haffaton." It seems to me that Olive is the ruler of Haffaton and Judy is the Ruler of Haffaton... but then again, I'm awful at capitalization... so it might be ambiguous or the capital "R" might just be what Wanda or Jillian assumed.
Or perhaps Maxwell created a fourth living doll out of a ruler... Yeah, that's the ticket.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby effataigus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Oberon wrote:
effataigus wrote:She's fated to croak the "Ruler of Haffaton." It seems to me that Olive is the ruler of Haffaton and Judy is the Ruler of Haffaton... but then again, I'm awful at capitalization... so it might be ambiguous or the capital "R" might just be what Wanda or Jillian assumed.
Or perhaps Maxwell created a fourth living doll out of a ruler... Yeah, that's the ticket.

Heart; brain; courage; and evenly spaced markings every 1 mm, inch, and cm... no entity is complete without 'em.
effataigus

Previous

Return to Reactions