Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island 3 - In the Halls of the Marbit King

Postby Lamech » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:15 am

M3 'tech two' Orders
Equip the fallen marbits armor and shovel, if any other marbits are entering the gobwin hex Stack with them and fight!, otherwise, gather berry and attempt to plant berry
Lamech

Postby KF25 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Lamech wrote:M3 'tech two' Orders
Equip the fallen marbits armor and shovel, if any other marbits are entering the gobwin hex Stack with them and fight!, otherwise, gather berry and attempt to plant berry

I am.
KF25

Postby Swodaems » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Assuming that the butterbears don't join in on the fight, we're looking at attacking a stack of 5 gobwins with a total of 20+5d6 combat, and an average of 2.6 def. We have to do 20 damage to croak them all, requiring a total of 52 damage from combat and rolls from our attacking force. (We croak 1 at 41.6, 2 at 44.2, 3 at 46.8, 4 at 49.4, 5 at 52.)

We seem to be split on if the attack on the gobwins if going to happen this turn or the next. There are also 3 different orders to grab the same sword.

We have two players who have decided to use their actions preparing for a fight.
Werebiscuit wrote:M7 Lucky orders M16 to eat, move NW , pick up the axe, move SE and stack with me for combat and orders m15 to eat give me the shovel, pick up the sword and stack with me for combat he will store the shovel in his bag and eat a berry
CroverusRaven wrote:M18 Klump eats, goes SouthEast twice, then picks up the sword and stacks with the other Marbits.

While two other players are choosing to attack the gobwins this turn.
KF25 wrote:Random VII will pick up sword, move E, attack gobwins.
Lamech wrote:M3 'tech two' Orders

I've decided I'm going to spend the turn preparing for combat. I'll bring more food for everyone.

M4 "Pod" will croak J-Raff*, Order M11 to (help croak J-raff*, eat, fill Pod's bag with meat, and go SE), go SE, and go SE. (*If the J-raff goes down after just Pod's attack, M11 is instead ordered to (eat, fill Pod's bag with meat, go SE, and harvest sample from mushroom.
Swodaems

Postby Lamech » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:16 pm

"Cowards! I am willing to go into battle with just one comrade. We should charge, while the gobwins are separated and away from their dire mounts. Alternatively you could order the NPC's to fight with us. They make good meat shields."

OOC: If the mounted gobwins come back we'll get our ass handed to us. We should go in now while they are separated and take the hut.
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:55 pm

"And some of us would come if we could, but just arrived from the huts and don't have the energy you suicidal stone head."
CroverusRaven

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:37 am

Lamech wrote:"Cowards! I am willing to go into battle with just one comrade. We should charge, while the gobwins are separated and away from their dire mounts. Alternatively you could order the NPC's to fight with us. They make good meat shields."

OOC: If the mounted gobwins come back we'll get our ass handed to us. We should go in now while they are separated and take the hut.

Lamech, my orders weaponised the nearest NPC's and stacked them for battle. I realised that with 3 vs 5 we get just as you described "our ass handed to us" . Last turn after we discovered goblin riders, surprise surprise THEY attacked. I'm expecting these to do the same which is why I suggested we stack up. So far only 2 marbits have stacked so depending on LTDave interpretation its 4 vs 5 or 5 vs 5 which will run it close. As it is we've got a possible 20 + 8D6 with defence of 2.8 which again runs them close but if other marbits join the stack we'll do far better.

if the riders and tribal join up we can't match their max 8 stack because of what the wolves bring to the party so we're goosed if that happens anyway
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:45 am

You know I do believe if someone Stacks up and Fights...then the whole stack fights !... it's that simple.
Werebiscuit

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:27 am

Well sure, but how do the members of a stack with no move left cross the hex boundary?
CroverusRaven

Postby KF25 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:50 am

Fine. I'll edit my orders.

Edit: never mind.
Last edited by KF25 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KF25

Postby MarbitChow » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:25 pm

M1 "Seymour":
1: Orders M9 to Take Axe, Move SE, Move E, Attack Gobwins
2: Orders M12 to Move SE, Move E, Attack Gobwins
3: Move SE
4: Move E (joining stack)
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Woot! Troops GJ Seymour
Lamech

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Processing...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Combat in Gobwin Hut Hex:

5 Marbits, El Tigre 4 Shovels, 1 Sword, 1 Crossbow, 1 Shield, 1 Heavy Armour
16 Defence between 6 units = 2.6
26 Combat +6 d6

5 Gobwins, 2 Axes, 3 Spears, 3 Shields
13 Defence between 5 units = 2.6
20 Combat +5 d6

Round 1:
Marbits 26 base combat + 24 random = 50 hits / 2.6 average defence = 19 hits inflicted

Gobwins 20 base combat + 19 random = 39 hits / 2.6 average defence = 15 hits inflicted

Round 2: Last Gobwin is cwoaked. No hits inflicted in reply.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Combat in Marbit Home Hex (2 Gobwins and FereWolves enter from the East)

3 Marbits
2 Defence
6 Combat +3 d6

2 Gobwins, 2 FereWolves, 2 Swords, 2 Shields
2.5 Defence
22 Combat + 4d6

Round 1:
6 + 15 = 21 Combat / 2.5 = 8 hits inflicted.

22 + 12 = 34 Combat / 2 = 17 hits inflicted.
All Marbits Cwoaked.
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:56 pm

That's not good...
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:00 am

Turn 7
Actions: . . . .

M7 Lucky orders M16 to eat, move NW , pick up the axe, move SE and stack with me for combat and orders m15 to eat give me the shovel, pick up the sword and stack with me for combat he will store the shovel in his bag {the shovel takes up three spots, and the knife two spots} and eat a berry

M18 Klump eats, goes SouthEast twice, then picks up the sword and stacks with the other Marbits.

Random VII will pick up sword {no sword, so picks berry}, eat, move E, attack gobwins.

M13 (M5) Eats then chop large tree (x3)

M3 'tech two' Orders Equip the fallen marbits armor and shovel, if any other marbits are entering the gobwin hex Stack with them and fight!

M4 "Pod" will croak J-Raff*, Order M11 to (help croak J-raff*, eat, fill Pod's bag with meat, and go SE), go SE, and go SE. (*If the J-raff goes down after just Pod's attack, M11 is instead ordered to (eat, fill Pod's bag with meat, go SE, and harvest sample from mushroom.

M1 "Seymour": 1: Orders M9 to Take Axe {no axe}, Move SE, Move E, Attack Gobwins 2: Orders M12 to {Adding Eat - else he'll cwoak before the battle starts} Move SE, Move E, Attack Gobwins 3: Move SE 4: Move E (joining stack) {El Tigre comes too, but eats 2 meat en route}

M17 eats and sings…

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 "Seymour" (MarbitChow) Combat 2, Defence 2 (3), Hits 1 /4, Move 4, Level 1
El Tigre Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 7 /10, Move 6, Level 1
M2 "Random VII" (KF25) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 1 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "tech2" (Lamech) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 "Pod" Swodaems Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 3 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 "Lucky" (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M9 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M11 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M12 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M13 "Em Fyv" (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M15 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M16 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M17 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M18 "Klump" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M19 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M20 (NPC) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 0 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment List [spoiler]
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat costs: 3 iron
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat costs: 2 wood, 1 iron
Crossbow Weapon, +1 Combat, Ranged costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Axe Chopping Tool, +2 Combat costs: 1 wood, 1 iron
Shovel Digging Tool, +1 Combat costs: 1 wood
Knife Tool costs: 1/2 wood
Light Armour Armour, +1 Defence costs: 1 Hide
Heavy Armour Armour, +2 Defence costs: 3 iron
Shield Armour, +1 Defence costs: 2 wood
Bag Carries up to 6 small things - food, gems, etc. costs: 1 Hide

Pop Queue
The Colonel

Turn 8 Ends in 72 hours, or sooner if everyone posts.

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. ALSO IF ALL ORDERS COULD BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE, this would be helpful in cutting and pasting. Thanks.

Things to Note:
J-Raffes (aka OtisNecks) are Combat 0, Defence 1, Hits 8, Move 2.
Testudo Aurbreii (aka VFCs) are Combat 2, Defence 5, Hits 8, Move 2.
Butter Bear are Combat 4, Defence 2, Hits 6, Move 2.
El Tigre are Combat 8, Defence 3, Hits 10, Move 6.
Gobwins are Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4, Move 4.
FereWolves are Combat 6, Defence 2, Hits 8, Move 6.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive and succeed.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders - so later posters can eat the food others harvest, or use tools they create.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry, and will be marked with a black dot. A hungry Marbit that does not eat will cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game. Combat plus d6 per fighter divided by enemy defence is hits inflicted. Hits are distributed equally across the stack before any one unit is cwoaked. Defence is calculated by the first 8 units' defence averaged across the whole stack, rounded down to one decimal (so 1 unit with 3 defence has defence of 3, but a stack of 20 units with 3 defence have a defence value of 1.2).
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
Marbits may "scout" a neighbouring hex for 2 move - essentially, they stick their head over the border, have a look, and then return. At the beginning of the next turn, the scouted hex will be revealed on the map.
It costs 2 move to enter a neighbouring hex, unless the border is marked with a brown line, representing a road. It costs 1 move to enter a hex with along a road.
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:29 am

So if I took as much damage as everyone else, what's the point of a ranged weapon?
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby MarbitChow » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 am

M1 "Seymour" 1/2: Scouts NE, 3: Orders M9 to Dig For Gems x3, Give gems to M1, 4: Orders M12 to Dig For Gems x3, Give gems to M1.
MarbitChow

Postby Lamech » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:50 am

M3 'Tech 2' Orders
Claim the hut in the name of Marbit Kind!, Eat, Rest until healed, dig defensive trenches.
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:23 am

M18 Klump moves Easy, claims a spear and shield from a gobwin, eat, then help claim the hut.
CroverusRaven

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games