New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 057

Postby joosy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Heh... Surrender Jillian. Nice!
joosy

Postby bladestorm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:41 pm

So Wanda stands to parley, and Olive runs away... Next update should have some serious action in it.
bladestorm

Postby Thomar » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Jack isn't a master-class foolmancer for nothing. He figured out how to use his primary discipline to covertly hold a conversation.
Thomar

Postby Whispri » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I have nothing but contempt for the Side of Faq. I mean, how many Haffaton Cities did they plunder? And they DARE scream blue murder when Haffaton fight back? Hypocrites.

I'm glad that Wanda destroys them.

And let's not forget that the Chief Warlord of Faq had sworn they weren't a threat to Haffaton before attacking them anyway, so why bother with parley?

Croakamancy: The joke that is responsible for most of Haffaton's conquests (according the stories Gillian had heard).
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Whispri wrote:I have nothing but contempt for the Side of Faq. I mean, how many Haffaton Cities did they plunder? And they DARE scream blue murder when Haffaton fight back? Hypocrites.

I'm glad that Wanda destroys them.

And let's not forget that the Chief Warlord of Faq had sworn they weren't a threat to Haffaton before attacking them anyway, so why bother with parley?

Croakamancy: The joke that is responsible for most of Haffaton's conquests (according the stories Gillian had heard).

Uh are we talking about the same side? The fact that you spelled Jillian's - a very big, non minor character - name wrong sort of implies to me that perhaps you have not been reading the updates very closely. The Faq I remember kept to themselves and generally didn't bother anyone except for mercenary work to support the treasury.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Calling Jillian "Gillian" has been a popular fad on the forum for people that dislike the character ever since Delphie in one of the updates (in a note) mentioned they weren't sure of her name.

Well, FAQ WAS (basically) destroyed by Haffaton, kinda hard to be mad at them for disliking the side.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Kaed wrote:Uh are we talking about the same side? The fact that you spelled Jillian's - a very big, non minor character - name wrong sort of implies to me that perhaps you have not been reading the updates very closely. The Faq I remember kept to themselves and generally didn't bother anyone except for mercenary work to support the treasury.

The Faq you remember is not the Faq of Book Zero. The WRECD (Faq's field army) attacked and sacked the Haffaton City of Diecast with no provocation whatsoever. That is how Gillian was captured. Following her escape, she dealt death in straightish line towards Faq before sacking the Haffaton City of Goodminton. Only after that campaign of murder had been brought to an end did Haffaton advance upon Faq's Cities. Olive may have done a great many terrible things. But directing Wanda against Faq was a counter attack against a warlike neighbour, nothing more. I mean, if Wanda wasn't working for Haffaton, the 'let's launch an utterly unprovoked attack on Haffaton's Capital before they even know we exist' plan would probably have been green lighted.

So yeah, why should Haffaton parley with Faq? I mean, Jack and Gill are violating the spirit of that parely even now. They're an utterly untrustworthy bunch of Boops.
Whispri

Postby atalex » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:47 pm

"Surrender Jillian" A riff on possibly the most famous piece of sky-writing in history, presented in a way which means the exact opposite of its original meaning. Wow.

Balder! You magnificent bastard! I read your comic!
atalex

Postby LTDave » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Take the CIty! Take it now!

And I don't understand Whispri's objections to FAQ - Haffaton is the evil empire, gobbling up everything in its path. FAQ has watched as their neighbours are conquered and wiped out and knows that they are next.
If an aggressor hits the seven people standing next to me, do I really need to wait for him to hit me before I defend myself?
LTDave

Postby Lamech » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:19 pm

I take it Olive didn't bring her Chillaxe up to the tower with her. Also she's running to get it. I guess we are going to see if the crown of thorns cancels out flower power.
Lamech

Postby teratorn » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 pm

I was expecting something different, an action of Wanda against Olive, but it makes sense, Jillian didn't tell Wanda what was on Delphie's message. She'd never risk croaking Jillian if she knew.
teratorn

Postby Eva » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:29 am

This will make it interesting for Wanda to join FAQ. Banhammer can really easily forgive torturing his daughter in front of him? Guess he's magnanimous... or Wanda will pull a stunt that makes everyone accept her.
Eva

Postby StClair » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 am

SURRENDER JILLIAN
hee

And Jack is, once again, the most awesome.
StClair

Postby ftl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 am

Eva wrote:This will make it interesting for Wanda to join FAQ. Banhammer can really easily forgive torturing his daughter in front of him? Guess he's magnanimous... or Wanda will pull a stunt that makes everyone accept her.

It's Erfworld; torture has got to be less traumatic for him knowing that it will leave no scars and no wounds.

On an unrelated note to the torture, right now it's two casters against at least four, with not much else going on militarily. FAQ should be able to just raze the place. Olive probably has some tricks up her sleeve, but it shouldn't be anything that Marie can't see coming!
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby ftl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 am

And man, banhammer knows his stuff.
“First,” said the King, “allow me to state our grievances. Haffaton’s actions against Faq were unconscionable. Our offers of peace, alliance, even parley were summarily dismissed. Your interests were poorly served by your actions. There was another way. But you wouldn’t hear it. You must see, this was not only foolish, but rude.”

Perfect stall tactic to give Jack some time to talk/play 20 questions to Jill.

(cut to later when
Jillian jerked her right foot so hard that it caught Wanda’s attention. She held the neck chain a little tighter, but said nothing. Banhammer was still talking.
you can just see him droning on about them being RUDE about their conquest while the real action is going on behind the scenes - Jack's talking to Jill, Marie's probably figuring out what Olive will be up to, Orwell is scouting.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby MonteCristo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:29 am

Whispri wrote:I have nothing but contempt for the Side of Faq. I mean, how many Haffaton Cities did they plunder? And they DARE scream blue murder when Haffaton fight back? Hypocrites.

two cities, first the level 2 diecast and then then goodminton which no effort was put into restoring the city; very minor losses considering they were retaken next turn. Not only did haffaton take back these cities the next turn without resistance, but they also croaked Faq's best fighters and captured their heir; and considering how much it costs to have an heir, the heir would be much more valuable than a pair of cities that we recaptured. Haffaton already fought back and hurt FAq far more than it hurt them.

Furtharmore, We can tell from Banhammer's words that, since Jillian's recaptured, Banhammer made every effort to end this fighting peacefully, and haffaton rejected all offers choosing to side with conquest instead. Haffaton would not even agree to a simple parley to negotiate. Really how can you possibly defend Haffaton after you have seen how VILE olive branch is. Haffaton is a vile expansionists side that is attempting to eat up everyside around it; they were a threat to Faq even before they knew faq existed. With their complete rejection of offers of peace, Haffaton has proven that they have always been a threat to faq; they would have been crushed the moment they were discovered just like every other side that borders haffaton.

An assessment that was dead wrong considering Faq was the side that had all of its cities conquered

I mean, Jack and Gill are violating the spirit of that parely even now

Since when is two allied units talking to eachother a violation of parlay?
Last edited by MonteCristo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:30 am

There is one tricky problem here....Haffaton is still on turn, because Olive was refusing to end it until she found FAQ. FAQ can't cross zones now that they're off-turn, so they have no way to attack the city. But Olive, Wanda, and Judy CAN leave the hex....
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MonteCristo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 am

0beron wrote:There is one tricky problem here....Haffaton is still on turn, because Olive was refusing to end it until she found FAQ. FAQ can't cross zones now that they're off-turn, so they have no way to attack the city. But Olive, Wanda, and Judy CAN leave the hex....

True, though from Faq's perspective that would be a futile move. They leave the city, then next turn Faq would take their capitol and then could use lookamancy to track them down. However, where Faq fails is that it does not know two very important details... First the Heir to Haffaton is a caster and thus can escape into the magic kingdom, thus making a decapitation strike tricky without the element of surprise (which they gave up). Second, they don't know about Olive's Chillaxe which can make attacking the city impossible; Most likely Olive went to get her chillaxe; granted I think it was kinda foolish of her not to have already had it with her when she knew Faq was in the battlespace.

Eva wrote:This will make it interesting for Wanda to join FAQ. Banhammer can really easily forgive torturing his daughter in front of him? Guess he's magnanimous... or Wanda will pull a stunt that makes everyone accept her.

Well you do have to remember that Banhammer does not like violence and doesn't use more than what he deems necessary. Easy to see him forgiving his enemies for most any transgression under the right terms.
Last edited by MonteCristo on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Jinren » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:07 am

0beron wrote:There is one tricky problem here....Haffaton is still on turn, because Olive was refusing to end it until she found FAQ. FAQ can't cross zones now that they're off-turn, so they have no way to attack the city. But Olive, Wanda, and Judy CAN leave the hex....

They'd be trying to flee an air force on foot, which is rarely a recipe for success, and their most powerful "weapon" is location-based. I imagine leaving the hex to go anywhere other than the Magic Kingdom would likely make their position significantly weaker to the point of total defeat.
Jinren
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions