Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 057

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 057

Postby elecampane » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:18 am

The way Olive went running makes me think she went to get the shoes, and she intends to use them herself. It's very likely that she had them hidden while everybody thought they were lost.
Last edited by elecampane on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
elecampane

Postby King Mir » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:21 am

Eva wrote:This will make it interesting for Wanda to join FAQ. Banhammer can really easily forgive torturing his daughter in front of him? Guess he's magnanimous... or Wanda will pull a stunt that makes everyone accept her.
Jillian can forgive Wanda. If she can, then Banhammer can.

Jillian doesn't hate Wanda's torture. It's war, and Jillian is Wanda's enemy. This is something she can understand intimately. In fact, part of her likes it...
King Mir

Postby youngstormlord » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:54 am

Jinren wrote:They'd be trying to flee an air force on foot, which is rarely a recipe for success, and their most powerful "weapon" is location-based. I imagine leaving the hex to go anywhere other than the Magic Kingdom would likely make their position significantly weaker to the point of total defeat.

There's a problem with that... Efbaum is not the capital. The city of Haffaton is. And heir designate can't change it to Efbaum. So no portal to magic kingdom in here.

On unrelated note, yay! I was sort of right in my last comment in previous thread: Faq is in battlespace means "they are right here, right now!", not "They are somewhere in the Haffaton side." Surprisingly enough, if King B went with Jil's original plan, they would have had a lot more leverage in terms of negotiation power (what with having treasury, bigger fighting force and no prisoners lost to enemy) if it came to negotiations at all, since with predictamancer in the team, the decapitation strike would have worked. (no eating poisonous apples with Lookamancer, Healomancer and Predictamancer in your team, that's for sure!).

I also have a few questions regarding casters and turns, and few suspicions.
1.Do enemy casters get tower boost on your tower?
2. When you end turn, do you notice when someone has turn after you? (if you didn't engage enemy units that is)
3. If you end turn and then enemy units enter your hex, what happens?

Now for suspicions. That is not Banhammer. Real gwiffons and riders are either in the letters hanging in the sky hidden by Foolamancy (King B in letters R, Lookamancer in leter L and Jack with predictamancer in letter J) or standing in the tower, by Jill's side.

Imagine this: You end turn. It's the middle of the night for you. Enemy enters airhexes of your capital. They dismount on your tower hex then let gwiffons go outside of hex or just veil them in the sky. Tomorrow morning, your turn starts. But now, you know there are enemy forces in your battlespace because they are standing veiled right by your side, right theeeere! *spooky music*

P.S. I kept hearing this music during the whole "Big damn heroes" part of update: Red soup from "Last Unicorn" cartoon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4EM_7HpK0. I expect the next one will be The Tree from the same place, on account of Foolamancy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc84S4j7c4
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby onlyme » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:06 am

youngstormlord wrote:2. When you end turn, do you notice when someone has turn after you? (if you didn't engage enemy units that is)
3. If you end turn and then enemy units enter your hex, what happens?

After the last one's turn ends, it gets night. So if someone else will have a turn after you in your hex, it will not get night, so you will notice it. Given how relative time is, they might either enter your hex directly after you ended turn, or it might take a time (I guess you give you time to use cross-hex communication first).
onlyme

Postby Aquillion » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:16 am

Whispri wrote:I have nothing but contempt for the Side of Faq. I mean, how many Haffaton Cities did they plunder? And they DARE scream blue murder when Haffaton fight back? Hypocrites.
Banhammer's just stalling for time. He doesn't actually care that they're rude or anything; he's relying on his talent as a philosopher to go off on a long boring lecture while Jack quizzes Jillian.

(But I wouldn't call him that hypocritical. He didn't personally greenlight any of Jillian's attacks. Even if he had, they were against apparently-empty cities.)
Aquillion

Postby Kaed » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:58 am

Wait. I think I get why Whispri is so unreasonably outraged. Jillian is part of Faq, and he hates Jillian for whatever reason. (never really understood that viewpoint, she seems like an alright character to me, and soon Parson will end her anyway) So because he hates her so much, her side is also completely irredeemable too for no particular reason, even though all she did was kill a bear, some plants, and a few zombies. Even when her side made peace overtures which were ignored. See, they're will Jillian so the are instantly all wrong and horrible people for supporting her.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby fruityjanitor » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:34 pm

I freaking love Jack Snipe.

That is all.
fruityjanitor
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:38 pm

And yet one more side that approaches under the guise of peaceful parley, and then abuses it. Has there been a parley yet that has ended well?
bladestorm

Postby doran » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 pm

I like how this update proves the Jillian is still linked to duty, and subordinate to the side to the extent she's willing to croak for it, rather than believing it is all about her like some posters have suggested.

Also someone (Parson?) needs to do some tests on predictamancy and work out if trying to 'cheat' it (ala replacing Chrono with a puppet before he dies in Chrono Trigger) makes things worse or not. I'd think not actually, assuming there aren't any other predictions you aren't aware of, as Parson hasn't suffered any backlash from abusing other rules of Erfworld, so why should Fate be any different?

Also re the above, not sure if Banhammer is aware Jack has done this, plus it's pretty obvious Wanda is stalling while Olive goes for the Chillaxe.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Gorky » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Banhammer kicks ass:

"Your interests were poorly served by your actions. There was another way. But you wouldn’t hear it. You must see, this was not only foolish, but rude."

Also, Olive is right about Wanda's overestimating the power of Motion, but she herself overestimates the power of Life.
Gorky

Postby raphfrk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:47 pm

MonteCristo wrote: Second, they don't know about Olive's Chillaxe which can make attacking the city impossible; Most likely Olive went to get her chillaxe; .

It doesn't prevent all actions.

Jack might be able to trick her into doing something that causes her own death for example.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby wrecan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Pretty sure Orwell's Lookamancy allows him to know what threats are in the hex, and that likely includes Olive's Chillaxe. I'd be surprised if Olive doesn't find Rusty Trombone in her chamber, rifling through her unmentionables.
wrecan

Postby Salem » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Whispri wrote:So yeah, why should Haffaton parley with Faq? I mean, Jack and Gill are violating the spirit of that parely even now. They're an utterly untrustworthy bunch of Boops.

I believe the only thing that is inherent in Parley is non-violence.

Banhammer has broken no rules of Parley. He is living by the exact terms of the agreement and he has wrought no violence upon them.
Rob wrote:"She has intelligence," said the Lady Firebaugh. “I cannot allow her to speak even a few words in your hearing."

“I order you to keep your peace during these negotiations. Will you obey me?”

"Be silent in the course of our parley."

She set up poor terms. Nowhere did she ensure non communication. She merely didn't want her speaking. She was given what she asked for. She's not yet good at the courtly games of FAQ. Also, this might be intentional on her part but I'm not sure about that. Though I imagine she'll get better at them with time.
You can't beat the banhammer, just ask the forum mods.
"Too cute to (stay) croak(ed)!"
Salem
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Urf » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Wanda is no idiot. She's putting on a show because of her Duty. She's likely negotiating for her own imprisonment.

http://www.erfworld.com/2012/01/inner-p ... isode-021/

She's found her way to them.
Urf

Postby Salem » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Urf wrote:Wanda is no idiot. She's putting on a show because of her Duty. She's likely negotiating for her own imprisonment.

http://www.erfworld.com/2012/01/inner-p ... isode-021/

She's found her way to them.

Oh I would definetly agree, but I would have to say that it would be duty to fate or lack of duty. I don't think duty requirenments are made by putting on a nice show while commiting treason.
Salem

Postby multilis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Salem wrote:I don't think duty requirenments are made by putting on a nice show while commiting treason.

It may be possible to twist the interpretation as way to reduce duty. Eg Maggie "may I make a suggestion?". (Wanda may find way to obey letter of command while disobeying spirit, following orders in way knows will fail while at same time going after main objective)

Judy is the ruler (strongest duty in theory) and wishes her side was destroyed.

We also know from book 1 that mainly valuable units are turned while rest are destroyed when captured, and it sometimes require thinkomancy spells to keep them loyal. Wanda turned against FAQ with probably less reason than she has here including her father wanted her to destroy Haff as dying wish.
multilis

Postby Salem » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:39 pm

multilis wrote:
Salem wrote:I don't think duty requirenments are made by putting on a nice show while commiting treason.

It may be possible to twist the interpretation as way to reduce duty. Eg Maggie "may I make a suggestion?". (Wanda may find way to obey letter of command while disobeying spirit, following orders in way knows will fail while at same time going after main objective)

Judy is the ruler (strongest duty in theory) and wishes her side was destroyed.

We also know from book 1 that mainly valuable units are turned while rest are destroyed when captured, and it sometimes require thinkomancy spells to keep them loyal. Wanda turned against FAQ with probably less reason than she has here including her father wanted her to destroy Haff as dying wish.

I was more so commenting on the fact that "The show was being put on because of duty" while she was betraying her side. I don't think the show would be duty, but common activity for treason.
Doing the bare minimum for duty, or thinking that the best for the units of Haffiton is an end to Olive's reign even if it means death I buy.

As for Wanda's betrayl of FAQ I think it's not that at all, she's just an oppertunist. She tried to hurry fate along and "help" it. And it turned out to be the "Very hard way." She wanted her arkentool thought she could have his, he is often dumb, and she had him commit to a HORRIBLE attack. It is heavily implied he would have lost but for the crazy number of dwagons he tamed on the way. She did something she thought would benefit her side, that had a high success ratio and rolled a natural 1 on luckamancy. With her side standing no chance she figured hey better to survive or more likely "I am fated to survive, I see the easy way and the hard way, I choose the easy way.
Salem

Postby ftl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:25 pm

fruityjanitor wrote:I freaking love Jack Snipe.

That is all.

QFT!
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby malroth » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Surrender Jillian

I don't get the reference
Whispri wrote:Plus it's Gillian, it's not evil when they're doing it to Gillian, as half the time it's self defence and the other half she's into it.
malroth

Postby No one in particular » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:47 pm

In the Wizard of Oz movie, the Wicked Witch of the West tries to intimidate Dorothy Gale into giving up by flying on her broom and belching out black smoke to write the words "Surrender Dorothy"

You can see a clip of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpPV2hhW46Q
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions