Book 2 - Klog 5

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Klog 5

Postby Sixty » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 am

Heh, Dwagoncon. I wonder if the Tool is a fan of Atlanta.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Salvage » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 pm

First of all Parson does not know everything so this info may well be incomplete, remember the stupid meal. Although it says only a Dirtamancer may stop an inferno it does not say fire is Dirtamancy. Fire is probably shockamancy and dirtamancers have an affinity for this damage type because a- lava and b- you can literally rub two stones and start afire, it's basic stuffamancy. A dirtamancer cannot control the fire they can just have mass control of the stuff that is burning and can simply restore it to a normal fire free state.A shockamancer could control damage levels if focused correctly, it could probably direct the fire like one might a unit. A fireball is shockamancy. You must remember that the rules of magic are deeply interwoven.
Salvage
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby onlyme » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Salvage wrote:Although it says only a Dirtamancer may stop an inferno it does not say fire is Dirtamancy. Fire is probably shockamancy and dirtamancers have an affinity for this damage type because a- lava and b- you can literally rub two stones and start afire, it's basic stuffamancy.

It does not say control, it says "put out". How do you put out a fire? You shovel some dirt (sand, ...) on it.
So unless the magic table gets retconjured to contain a Watermancer, a Dirtamancer is the logical choice to put it out.
onlyme

Postby tgriff02 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:53 pm

And, just in case anyone had actually forgotten that Parson is playing for the "villian" side..... Which IS kind of odd that he'shaving such moral issues with his role, since DM's so often find themselves playing the "voice of evil" in their games...

Also in amusing interest, GK's methodes seem to not have placed any such moral crisis on Ansom... GK may be the "Evil" Side, but that doesn't automatically make Jetsone the "Good."
tgriff02

Postby bladestorm » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Sixty wrote:Heh, Dwagoncon. I wonder if the Tool is a fan of Atlanta.

So if we are overlapping the erfworld with a map of the US, does that mean they have spread all the way over to almost the eastern seaboard? And was one of the reds that ignited it named Sherman?
Last edited by bladestorm on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bladestorm

Postby bladestorm » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Lamech wrote:Guys, PRISONERS GET THEIR MOVE BACK! Think of the applications. By seeding units from two sides you can super accelerate to anywhere. Side A captures B's units and lets them escape to side B, and visa versa. But wait it gets better! Prisoners can still move after returning to their side. (Recall Jillian fleeing from pedobears city, she was even going to get move back on FAQs turn.)

Even better assuming that units keep their move when they turn? You don't even need to seed units in front of you! You and your "ally" can use the same process to make move, filling up the "off-turn"* sides move. All your units can turn to them to also get move. Then you all move out and repeat the process!

*It might only be on turn prisoners who get renewed move.

"As prisoners, they had move". Not the same as "The prisoners got all of their move back".
bladestorm

Postby tgriff02 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:14 pm

bladestorm wrote:

So if we are overlapping the erfworld with a map of the US, does that mean they have spread all the way over to almost the eastern seaboard? And was one of the reds that ignited it named Sherman?

Speaking as someone born and raised in the South, "Ouch!"
Good one ;)
tgriff02

Postby effataigus » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:If the Jetstone fire goes inferno, even if all JS units get killed before the GK units and the city accordingly falls, the whole city will still burn.
You might be over-interpreting this. Recall the phrasing "they just let the fire spread"... this implies that it was within their power to stop the spread of the fire from the garrison to the outer walls, but they chose to let it spread anyway.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby kiyote » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Based off this Klog, Sylvia is dead. Unless she actually has "fire-resistant" as a trait.

Sylvia Plath committed suicide by sticking her head in an oven, just saying since no one's mentioned it yet...
kiyote
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Beeskee » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 am

Hatu wrote:Interesting stuff. But I thought incinerated units couldn't be decrypted. That was the explanation for Bogroll, no?

-H

I think the incineration needs to be intentional. Remember that Wanda was able to decrypt lots of units that were killed by a volcano erupting, and, presumably, lava.

There was a discussion on here about this before, but I am not sure where it is now.

Edit: Ohgawd everyone else replied to this too... Ohwell. ^.^;
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:47 am

bladestorm wrote:
Lamech wrote:Guys, PRISONERS GET THEIR MOVE BACK! Think of the applications. By seeding units from two sides you can super accelerate to anywhere. Side A captures B's units and lets them escape to side B, and visa versa. But wait it gets better! Prisoners can still move after returning to their side. (Recall Jillian fleeing from pedobears city, she was even going to get move back on FAQs turn.)

Even better assuming that units keep their move when they turn? You don't even need to seed units in front of you! You and your "ally" can use the same process to make move, filling up the "off-turn"* sides move. All your units can turn to them to also get move. Then you all move out and repeat the process!

*It might only be on turn prisoners who get renewed move.

"As prisoners, they had move". Not the same as "The prisoners got all of their move back".
Even one move is enough.
Lamech

Postby youngstormlord » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:08 am

Guys, you are forgetting something: this thing about fire was written into the eyebook. As well as thing about dwagons and bubble sides. And who knows how many other tricks and thoughts. Eyebooks were deemed unsafe to communicate through and Meggy thinks Charlie didn't hack into them, only into the stream. Who says that he didn't and that he doesn't know everything that Parson had written into them?
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 pm

youngstormlord wrote:Guys, you are forgetting something: this thing about fire was written into the eyebook. As well as thing about dwagons and bubble sides. And who knows how many other tricks and thoughts. Eyebooks were deemed unsafe to communicate through and Meggy thinks Charlie didn't hack into them, only into the stream. Who says that he didn't and that he doesn't know everything that Parson had written into them?

Actually I hadn't forgotten, but thus far the Klog is basically a record of the rules of Erf, something Charlie knows well, and is already fairly adept at exploiting. If anything, the biggest reveal the Klog gives him is jsut how poorly Parson understood Erfworld when he outsmarted Charlie and the RCC. Which might explain why Charlie seems to have shifted from a desire to capture Parson along witht he Mathamancy Bracer to just flat out kill Parson and take the bracer. Now, since we don't have an exact frame of reference for when Parson wrote the entries, some of them may have been recorded before Charlie revealed he'd hacked the eyebook, and there may be a few ideas Parson was kicking around recorded, but I don't think Parson would have made the mistake of recording anything to earthshattering in the eyebook even before that, on the offchance that he accidently sent it to someone else. Remember, he didn't really trust Wanda even back in TBFGK, and since I tend to assume that there will be some kind of minor plot device/joke about eyebook's "privacy policies and settings" before all this is over... ;) :lol:
tgriff02

Postby Urf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 am

Just history.
Urf

Postby bladestorm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 am

Urf wrote:

Just history.

The lead-ins are just so easy with that setup. One-liners from Gone with the Wind, Dragoncon references, Walking Dead references,and maybe even a decrypted Duke Hazard serving alongside a General Lee.
bladestorm

Postby wrecan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:31 pm

WaterMonkey314 wrote:Based off this Klog, Sylvia is dead.

Pink dwagons can fight fire. While she's got greens and red on the vanguard, she has some blues and pinks in reserve. Sylvia will be fine.
wrecan

Postby 0beron » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm

wrecan wrote:
WaterMonkey314 wrote:Based off this Klog, Sylvia is dead.
Pink dwagons can fight fire. Sylvia will be fine.

Yeah...if this was a controlled fire, but it very quickly will not be. As soon as it becomes uncontrolled, she cannot fight it because the city is still contested. That betch gonna burn.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby wrecan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:13 pm

An uncontrolled fire can't be "put out" until you have uncontested control, but it can be fought by pink dwagons and talking units. All Sylvia needs to do is have her pink dwagons fight the fire until she burns anybody left in the garrison and then she can put it out. A fire only becomes an inferno if "you don't fight it". Sylvia can fight it. If, as it appears, she is imminently going to croak Ace (if he isn't croaked already), and most of the remaining Jetstone warlords are traveling with Slately II to the throne room, she should have little trouble clearing out the last Jetstone troops while sending some pink dwagons to fight the fire and keep it from going inferno, especially since she now has her Chief Warlord Bonus. Once the garrison is taken, they can turn the uncontrolled fire into a controlled one and then douse it entirely.

At worst, even if it goes inferno, Sylvia would only take "heavy damage" (and who knows if she can benefit from her red dwagon mount's fire resistance). Given how Fate warps itself to keep her alive, I don't think the "heavy damage" would be enough to croak her. That damage will probably be transferred to the other units around her, incinerating all remaining troops and any dwagons that lack fire resistance.

Parson is in a worse position from an inferno than Sylvia. As a low-level warlord, he probably could not withstand the inferno's heavy damage... unless one of those magic items he has confers fire resistance to him. Jack would be toast (literally). It's for that reason I believe that either the fire won't go inferno, or Marie is going to convince Sizemore to violate the Magic Kingdom truce and charge into Jetstone before Slately changes the portal.
wrecan

Postby bladestorm » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Jetstone also just lost one of it's hidden options in this fight. Having Cubbins hidden was an asset to them in this battle, since he was still not-yet-croaked,and in the garrison. Ace just dug him out and removed him from play with that jetpack trick. Now instead of forcing GK to search for the hidden leadership holding the garrison together, they can see all of their targets. WTG Ace.

I wonder how it is that Pinks can fight fires? Do they attack the fire with their bubble breath? f so, would anyone covered in that stuff be safe from fire? If so, could the pinks be ordered to bubble-wrap GK forces, turning it into a game of coverage and limiting exposure?
bladestorm

Postby tgriff02 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:30 pm

bladestorm wrote:Jetstone also just lost one of it's hidden options in this fight. Having Cubbins hidden was an asset to them in this battle, since he was still not-yet-croaked,and in the garrison. Ace just dug him out and removed him from play with that jetpack trick. Now instead of forcing GK to search for the hidden leadership holding the garrison together, they can see all of their targets. WTG Ace.

I wonder how it is that Pinks can fight fires? Do they attack the fire with their bubble breath? f so, would anyone covered in that stuff be safe from fire? If so, could the pinks be ordered to bubble-wrap GK forces, turning it into a game of coverage and limiting exposure?

Whenever I read the bit about pinks being able to fight it, that's what I assumed, it was the bubble breath, that's a very interesting possibility there, encase everyone in "sticky" and let the place burn, then be webbed whenever Charlie shows up!

That being said, I don't think that Sylvia has ANY intentions of fighting this fire, remember, she wans toe WHOLE WORLD to burn.
tgriff02

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions