Summer Update - 031

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Update - 031

Postby DevilDan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Infidel wrote:
DevilDan wrote:We don't know if Parson has a "heavy" attribute. Parson may look heavy, and he may mass the same as a twoll, but Charlie though three archons were enough to lift him when he offered Parson a way out.

I don't think it's a weight thing. Assume Parson weighs 500 pounds and the dragon can carry 600. But because Parson is classed heavy, the dragon can't fly with him on its back.

That's precisely why my first point was mentioning that, weight aside, we don't know that Parson has a "heavy" attribute. I said, in fact, that even if he weighs the same as a twoll it doesn't mean that the game considers him a heavy.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Infidel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:06 pm

ohh, I misread your post. *blush*
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby moose o death » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:29 pm

i'm inclined to believe a heavy unit would have a high damage tolerance, high strength and high combat with low move and low agility.

if parsons earthlike stats were used, he'd certainly be the last two

we will have to wait untill 3rd or 5th act of season 2 before we see parson in combat again
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:39 pm

moose o death wrote:i'm inclined to believe a heavy unit would have a high damage tolerance, high strength and high combat with low move and low agility.

That's the traditional approach to balancing a unit; we could look at the various tabletop games to get an idea of the variations on this theme.

moose o death wrote:we will have to wait untill 3rd or 5th act of season 2 before we see parson in combat again

Maybe we'll see him sparring or training. It's too bad he's unlikely to visit the Magic Kingdom again, but maybe he'll ask to meet with other casters, such as Janis.

Speaking of casters, I wonder what he and Jack Snipe will have to talk about.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Drifter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:01 pm

DevilDan wrote:Speaking of casters, I wonder what he and Jack Snipe will have to talk about.

Ooooh, great question! I can't believe I forgot about our resident foolamancer... Great detail catch, DevilDan.
Drifter

Previous

Return to Reactions