Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 060

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Postby Free Radical » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:05 am

Goshen wrote:I, myself, am confused! I really didn't think Banhammer would fall for Olive's BS. Sill hoping it's all a ruse, but it if is, it probably involves sacrificing Orwell. A glimmer of hope is that Marie indicated that she predicted something slightly different from "Haffaton will conquer FAQ".

Marie predicted that FAQ would fall and Banhammer would die. Olive is aware that she predicted the fall of FAQ, but not that she predicted Banhammer's death. Banhammer had fully accepted it long ago, and acknowledges Marie's reminder while keeping it secret from Olive. If Banhammer is actually going along with Olive, he fully expects her to kill him once she has his casters and is, as he planned, attempting to save the philosophy of FAQ by giving his casters a new home. Since he hasn't heard about the ways Olive tends to use up her casters, it actually wouldn't be unreasonable for him to think he's getting everything he could hope for given the predictamancy hanging over his own death accompanying the fall of FAQ.

It's entirely possible he still has something planned, but if not I think that Banhammer isn't so much falling for Olive's BS as he is giving her exactly what it suits him to give her.
Free Radical

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 060

Postby Dante » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 am

LTDave wrote:"you have my acts"

Nice. I wonder if Foolamancers don't jump?

A dunce shall not be tossed!

It's too bad Jillian and Wanda didn't follow up with "And my sores!" "And my beau!"
Dante
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby joosy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am

I hope that rulers do not lose their 'rulership' status when they turn or at least that they gain it back if they go barbarian again. Otherwise, if Banhammer turns then Faq cannot exist with him as the ruler beyond that point. We know that Faq is technically a barbarian tribe at the moment, living off of gems, scrounging, and the 'good'will of Olive. We know from Jillian that the ruler status is maintained in "barbarian mode" but not after turning or being turned.

We know that Judy and Olive must croak. I guess that Judy croaks at the hands of Jillian and Olive at the hands of Wanda all before Banhammer turns. Faq takes claim of Haffaton by the mere fact of controlling the garrision. Their only real choice is to raze all of the Haffaton cities and retreat back to Faq. I also guess that the whole scenario creates a bigger rift between Jillian and the Faq court (and her father) as the court saw this as the chance for their philosophy to be spread Erfwide and they blame Jillian's violent nature for ruining it. Since Wanda will probably turn Olive's mechanisms against her and essentially kill her in a 'peaceful' way they won't blame her as much as Jillian. They take in Wanda as part of their Heirarchy of Good philosophy. Wanda's signamancy changes for the better when she is healed/recovers from the flowers' effects and Jillian and her bond over the event which leads us to the scenario in Book One.

Love the Wizard of Oz motif, the 'Friend of Judy/Dorothy' reference, and Jack's refined snarkiness. Such a cliffhanger to leave us on! Will she turn? Will Olive win? Will Jillian and Wanda save the day? Tune in next week friends for "Turn, Baby, Turn" or "How to juice an Olive" Same bat time, Same bat channel!
joosy

Postby teratorn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Banhammer knew Jillian wouldn't turn, he could have simply ordered her to turn, he didn't, so he really wanted her not to join Haffaton. If he becomes a unit of Haffaton, then Judy can name him heir (using Faq's gems). Jillian as barbarian dispatches Judy, Banhammer then the ruler disbands Olive, ends the side and goes back to Faq ruins and claims them.
teratorn

Postby CelebrenIthil » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:16 pm

I wonder if it's in the realm of Foolamancy to fake turning.
It would involve somehow letting the other Side see you and count you as their unit, stats and everything included, and not just a cosmetic change in livery... I'm not sure it can be pulled off - or at least, the Side's leader is sure not to fall for it. But now that I'm writing this, I realize that Haffaton's case is particular in that a caster runs the show and keeps the ruler as a puppet. Therefore, the one you really want to fool here, Olive, might actually fall for it since she lacks Ruler senses. Hrm...
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby John Campbell » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:28 pm

LTDave wrote:"you have my acts"

And his bow, apparently.
John Campbell

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

joosy wrote:We know that Judy and Olive must croak.
We do not. We know the Ruler of Haffaton is fated to die by Jillians hand. We know nothing more.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby tgriff02 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:38 pm

vintermann wrote:Smitten as he may be, I don't think Banhammer has missed that fact - his expectation and blessing for Jillian to turn barbarian shows he has already though of one way to reduce costs.

Bear in mind that Faq has a moneymancer (Moothfott) and a mathamancer (Adderall), as well as a bunch of other potentially useful casters. Banhammer is not a ruler like Slately or Stanley who has limited understanding of his casters' abilities - he will know how far his casters can get him regarding support. I bet Olive regrets letting the thinkamancer die, though.

I'm still not convinced that Fag DOES still have those extra casters. I really believe taht they either fell in the sacking of Faq, or they escaped and were disbanded while the King and Court were fugitives. I really do believet aht we are already looking at all that remains of the Court of Faq.
tgriff02

Postby tgriff02 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:59 pm

My understanding of the Chillaxe's effect is that it's Hippymancy applied to the Hex itself; ergo, any unit entering it before, during, or after it was played will be affected equally. I can be wrong, but this is my belief.

I also think that Banhammer and Olive have put their heads together and tried to come up with the VERY easy way to accomodate Fate; Faq has already fallen, but the prediction was that Banhammer would fall with it. I think Banhammer and Olive have decided to let the the casters Turn, and then have Banhammer disband himself. Hence his warning that they would turn barbarian. Clearly, I believe that Olive has duped Banhammer, and that once he is out of the way she intends to use the force of an Order to get them all addicted to the buds and under her thumb. Of course, we all know what happens when prisoner chooses the VERY easy way.
tgriff02

Postby tgriff02 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:28 pm

tgriff02 wrote:
vintermann wrote:Smitten as he may be, I don't think Banhammer has missed that fact - his expectation and blessing for Jillian to turn barbarian shows he has already though of one way to reduce costs.

Bear in mind that Faq has a moneymancer (Moothfott) and a mathamancer (Adderall), as well as a bunch of other potentially useful casters. Banhammer is not a ruler like Slately or Stanley who has limited understanding of his casters' abilities - he will know how far his casters can get him regarding support. I bet Olive regrets letting the thinkamancer die, though.

I'm still not convinced that Fag DOES still have those extra casters. I really believe taht they either fell in the sacking of Faq, or they escaped and were disbanded while the King and Court were fugitives. I really do believet aht we are already looking at all that remains of the Court of Faq.

I will correct myself, Banhammer specificallys tates that he will send for the rest of the Court before he himself turns. So some of the other casters are indeed out there, somewhere.
tgriff02

Postby Neko » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Something caught my eye - once "all" the casters turn, what's to stop Olive from backstabbing Banhammer and not accepting his turning? The casters will report to her and they wounldn't be able to interfere with whatever she does to the king upon pain of their own disbandment. The Duty loophole wouldn't exist and old loyalties are shifted (as demonstrated by Orwell). Then only Jillian, Jack, and maybe Wanda/Marie would be around to offer resistance. So far the only real choices we've seen Olive offer are "die fast or die slow".
Neko
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby BCCroaker » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Where Wanda? On the Tower about to do her "special"? Has she got the slippers? Is she about to send Judy home?
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Krennson » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:11 pm

did banhammer just imply that barbarians are incapable of turning, and only members of a specific side can switch loyalties to a new side?
Krennson

Postby joosy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:
We do not. We know the Ruler of Haffaton is fated to die by Jillians hand. We know nothing more.

Haffaton does not exist at the beginning of Book 1 and no one knows were Faq is (was) again until Jillian is forced to tell in order to head of Stanley's escape. Thus, it is a certain bet that Haffaton has ended. In order for that to happen then Haffaton needs to have been ended, their cities razed, anyone with knowledge of Faq and its location removed from the picture (e.g. croaked or captured). That also means that Judy and Olive need to be out of the picture. I really don't think Wanda or Jillian would let Olive live so I don't believe she would be captured. I concede that Judy may be captured not croaked, but I don't view that as likely.
joosy

Postby Zeku » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Are you guys really not seeing this?

Banhammer is getting married. He will become the ruler of Haffaton after he is completely under Olive's control.

The only vulnerability in Olive's plan, is that Banhammer will need to be promoted to ruler the instant that Judy is killed. If Jillian can kill Olive in the intervening moment, the prophecy will be fulfilled and Haffaton will die.

"And my beau."
Zeku

Postby name lips » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm

If Banhammer isn't a fool, then I think I know what's going on.

Jack is making it look like people are Turning. He's changing their livery, etc. Maybe since Olive isn't the Ruler, she can't tell for sure -- at least, not when there's a good enough Foolamancer behind it. (This is also the sort of thing a Signamancer might be good at... making one unit's "Signamancy" incorrect.)
name lips

Postby tgriff02 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Zeku wrote:Are you guys really not seeing this?

Banhammer is getting married. He will become the ruler of Haffaton after he is completely under Olive's control.

The only vulnerability in Olive's plan, is that Banhammer will need to be promoted to ruler the instant that Judy is killed. If Jillian can kill Olive in the intervening moment, the prophecy will be fulfilled and Haffaton will die.

"And my beau."

No. I'm really NOT seeing that, Marie's original Prediction was that Banhammer would be croaked when Faq fell. Now, we actually have fairly strong evidence that THAT prediction was refering to Stanly, but at this time the characters do NOT know that; the prediction, as given, would require Banhammer to be croaked. Banhammer may have chosen to forget this, but I doubt Marie or Jack have. While Olive might be on the lookout for another figurehead for when Judy finaly kicks it from Bud-poisoning, none of the characters beyond the fool, Banhammer himself, should be concidering that a possibility.
tgriff02

Postby tgriff02 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Just had a thought, Banhammer told Jillian that she could leave, as a Barbarian, with full rations and his blessings. He didn't actually offer the same to his casters. He told them that they had to turn before he did or they would go barbarian. There's not actually any choice there. He may may nothave officially Ordered them to turn, but he fully expects their compliance with his wishes. I wonder, if Jack and Marie refuse to volunteer, will he Order them to turn then? Just how low would that make their Loyalty score? Could they then refuse the Order and be spared the Autodisband because it's necisary to preserve the Side? After all, if they obey Banhammer, Faq really DOES cease to exist.
tgriff02

Postby multilis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 pm

"Haffaton does not exist at the beginning of Book 1 and no one knows were Faq is (was) again until Jillian "

Only "most likely" rather than sure.

Just as FAQ wanted to relocate, Haffaton could have relocated far away. If Haffaton was destroyed, Olive could have escaped/retired into corner of magic kingdom, where she has a restaurant.

For all we know, Haffaton and/or Olive could now be hidden puppet of Charlie, perhaps even enslaved using her own flowers as revenge.

(For all we know, Olive could now even be "Charlie", somehow replacing the last one. Extremely unlikely but possible.)
multilis

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 am

joosy wrote:
Shai_hulud wrote:
I really don't think Wanda or Jillian would let Olive live so I don't believe she would be captured.
Jillian might not, but Wanda probably would. Heck, for all we know Wanda wants Jillian to kill her instead of Olive. She's already stated she wants to die, and there is evidence to suggest she loves Olive.

Besides, she has to have been getting her flowers (and at this point we can probably assume Jillian too) from somewhere when she is staying at future faq...
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions