Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfgame 3 (CLOSED) - Rules and Discussion

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Heh-hey! Happenings! Beneficial happenings too. I'll respond tomorrow when I'm not so tired and distracted by other things.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Koliup » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:55 pm

So, gentlemen.
How are your turns progressing?
Kaed, are you feeling better?
All systems nominal.
Koliup

Postby Exate » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:11 pm

My turns are progressing slowly. Finally started passing PMs for Turn 17 with Kaed today after stalling since the end of January.

In-game, I am afflicted by what I imagine are all the usual rulers' woes, in that I find my side lacking in the following areas:
-Knowledge of the world
-Number of units
-Quality of units
-Number of cities
-Quality of cities
-Number of commanders
-Quality of commanders
-Shmuckers available
-Shmuckers per turn

However, as I have no way of measuring how anyone else is doing in those categories (see: lacking in knowledge of the world, above), for all I know I'm in the lead in some or all of those categories and everyone else is even worse off than I am. It would be kind of nice to have a Dominions 3 style leaderboard so that even while keeping to our own little empires and building up we could get at least a vague sense of the multiplayer action, but I know that's not really an Erfworld thing.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Well I think it's safe to say we are all pretty weak at this phase from an overall perspective. Though given my intuition and offhand comments from other players, I would be almost positive I'm winning the economic elements, and on a related note my capital almost certainly blows all of yours out of the water. But we all have downsides to offset our successes.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm not gonna bother getting into this leaderboard seeing as I started without a city. Granted, I have a healomancer with levels and I had a trio of knights, now one. Give me time, though, and I aim to surge ahead.

Kaed, sorry I've not looked at your pm yet. Was busy, then distracted, and now tired.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Some old stuff from my PMs for you all to speculate over. ;D

balder wrote:It doesn't cost anything to start a new side, but building a city takes schmuckers. :)

On the pumpin carriage, the Florist could make some kind of giant pumpkin contraption, but to make it actually self-propelled would require a Turnamancer to power the wheels. This would give it motion/move and create what would amount to a non-unit magic item with some of the properties of a mount. And yes, that would include some of the ability of a mount to screen attacks for its rider, effectively granting some kind of armor bonus.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:50 pm

If I didn't already have plans for a certain gift, that information would be very tempting :p
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 pm

I would think that'd be a Flower Power + Weirdomancy thing :P
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Weirdomancy would be if maybe it could turn into something else, or maybe in combination with turnamancy so it gains flight too.
Lord of Monies

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Weirdomancy doesn't just give flight and things like that. That was just an example that had been given to Parson.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby Lord of Monies » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Yeah, I know, hence the idea of turning into something too. Hell, I'd think the way magic items can be resized sounds like natural weirdomancy (contradiction in terms much?) to me. At any rate, considering motion has it's own section in the magic table, I wouldn't assume weirdomancy alone is needed to create movement in an object.
Lord of Monies

Postby Exate » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 pm

0beron wrote:Though given my intuition and offhand comments from other players
Yeah, you and your not-so-subtle updating of the capital on your Sides Index to include up to Level Four flavor choices. Just a tiny bit indicative of where you're at... and certainly a fair bit ahead of me, although not everyone keeps their Sides Index updated with their city template choices so it's an unfortunately incomplete method of tracking progress. As it's been months since any of us changed anything on there, it's entirely possible that it's vastly outdated anyway.

Kaed wrote:Some old stuff from my PMs for you all to speculate over. ;D
balder wrote:stuff
Wait, he holds PM conversations with people? This is a thing? Should we be barraging him with our endless piles of questions regarding mechanics-related minutia in the name of game improvement?

people wrote:Weirdomancy
We really don't know much about that discipline beyond the ability to add and remove specials, unless I've missed information on it somewhere. It's tough to peg anything as definite Weirdomancy with so little information to go on.
Exate

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Well aside from Thinkamancy, Dirtamancy, Croakamancy, Dollamancy, Flower Power, and Foolamancy, we don't really know much about any of the casting disciplines so some speculation and conjecture shouldn't be out of hand concerning this game. :P Even others like Dittomancy, Turnamancy, and Hat Magic that appear in the comic haven't been expounded on much.
Sir Shadow

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Turnamancy has been mention in book 0, which is how we know it can be applied to an item to give it motion. Luckamancy was also mentioned in book 0 too, then there are some others which are obvious. Healomancy is pretty hard to be confused with, and lookamancy has some in-comic proof as well as also being hard to misrepresent. Hat Magic is vague, yes, but seems like dollamancy in regards to magic item making only focusing on hats. Mathmancy is clear as it's been used by Parson many times already, so really at the end of the day there's only a select few disciplines that are still mostly unknown to us.
Lord of Monies

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Considering there are 21 classes of magic and we have only mentioned 12 here, I would say there are more than a few :P
Sir Shadow

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Well I didn't bother making an exhaustive list either, so there's probably more I could have mentioned. The point is, yes, there are some disciplines that we can only really guess on, but they are few and far between.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Exate wrote:Yeah, you and your not-so-subtle updating of the capital on your Sides Index to include up to Level Four flavor choices.

Hey, it has too been subtle, I never announced that I had updated it, you only noticed cus you went to check it :p I have no idea if everyone else is updating theirs as religiously though, so I wasn't using that as a tracker.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Exate » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm

It's been a couple weeks since I heard anything regarding this game, but I can see Kaed's online fairly frequently- have I just caught up and been paused since other people are moving forward? Silence makes me suspicious.
Exate

Postby Lord of Monies » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Play has been a little slow for me too, so I suspect he has life interrupting him. Works for me, as I've got a similar scenario.
Lord of Monies

Postby Kaed » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm

Exate wrote:It's been a couple weeks since I heard anything regarding this game, but I can see Kaed's online fairly frequently- have I just caught up and been paused since other people are moving forward? Silence makes me suspicious.

It is both me being busy and wanting to, at last, have everyone on the same turn at the same time.

Guess what though?

NOW WE ARE

THE GAME.

IT SHALL MOVE AGAIN

AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS.

brb while I send updates to erryone
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games