GK Splinter Sides

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

GK Splinter Sides

Postby bladestorm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 pm

A lot of talk has gone into GK establishing a new capitol site at Spacerock, and some of that talk delves into establishing a new side split off from GK. It could be Wanda, it could be Parson, or any number of possibilities. What I find interesting is the possible make-up of the new Side, and who from GK would also split off.

If Parson finds a way to establish his own Side, he'll need some casters as support, and units to command. But who would those be? Marie, Janis, and Isaac? Jack, Maggie, and Sizemore and leaving Stanley to get new casters? Would he just bide his time until he could pop his own casters? Would he continue to use Twolls (which would work out really well fhe ended up with Ace as a caster) to continue making his toilet paper and other modern conveniences?

Or if Wanda, with or without Stanley's permission/orders, establishes her own Side or re-establishes Goodminton....I had originally thought she'd take either Archer or Sylvia as a CWL, but those options are pretty shot now.
bladestorm

Re: GK Splinter Sides

Postby tgriff02 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm not going to make any assumptions regarding whether or not a new side WILL or WILL NOT be formed. I will say that I don't think Parson can found a new side without a direct order because of the additional loyalty spells placed on him by the SPW spell, but there are others who probably could do that, depending on exactly what the rules for such are. I think that the end of this current battle in Spacerock WILL have some kind of permanent impact on the storyline. Just like the tone of Book 2 has been completely different from the theme and feel of Book 1, I expect that things will never be quite the same after this battle. But there's not really any telling at this point exactly how it will be different. I do think that we will continue to focus on Parson a lot; and that, as Wanda told him at the end of Book 1, he is a tool of Fate, and he will loose a great deal along his path. We COULD see Wanda found a new side, and discover that Parson's Loyalty is actually to HER as the caster of the SPW spell. I think it would require the stretching of some very creative plot twists due to her Fate loyalty to get the 'Tools all together on one side, but it could happen. If Wanda did create a splinter side, I would say she'll take Parson as her CW due to SPW spell, she might grab Marie from MK to help her follow Fate's path. I don' think she would take Maggie or Sizemore, mainly because Sizemore will be glad to not be chained to Parson's horrificly violent plans any longer, and Maggie needs to stay with GK to guide Stanly. Jack would probably go with her because he seems to enoy bantering her, and he's absolutely enthralled with the way parson's mind works. So; Wanda, Jack, Marie with Parson CW and Stanly with Sizemore, Maggie, and whatever they might pop or get to Turn to them from MK. The biggest flaw I see with this idea is a character problem more so than a storyline problem. Wanda prefers to be on the battlefield, I don't think that she would be content in an Overlady position running a side, sure Jillian is gonna try to be a battlefield Ruler, but that just doesn't seem to suit Wanda. We will see.
tgriff02

Postby Whispri » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 am

bladestorm wrote:Or if Wanda, with or without Stanley's permission/orders, establishes her own Side or re-establishes Goodminton....I had originally thought she'd take either Archer or Sylvia as a CWL, but those options are pretty shot now.

I was thinking Artemis. While she's yet to be Decrypted, she's a high level, pretty blonde Warlady who died despairing at the harsh cruelties of life, she and Wanda should get along famously.

Beyond that... well... I was imagining it would be the Capital Site, the ruins of Progrock and anything she can Decrypt in the immediate vacinity.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby TokraZeno » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:37 am

Given that Wanda is trying to keep the Tools together, I can't see her having her own side. Funnily enough, if you're right about SPW it's a good reason to give Parson his own side. If Duty still carries to Stanley then a splinter would increase the tipping point for the diminishing schmuckers thing.
TokraZeno

Postby bladestorm » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 pm

TokraZeno wrote:Given that Wanda is trying to keep the Tools together, I can't see her having her own side. Funnily enough, if you're right about SPW it's a good reason to give Parson his own side. If Duty still carries to Stanley then a splinter would increase the tipping point for the diminishing schmuckers thing.

I doubt that she is going to get all four tool on one Side. I don't see Charlie relinquishing his autonomy. The Tools can still be gathered even if Wanda has her on Side.
bladestorm

Postby TokraZeno » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 am

True, but it's the very reason that she didn't join FAQ.
TokraZeno

Postby bladestorm » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:19 am

TokraZeno wrote:True, but it's the very reason that she didn't join FAQ.

Joining Faq would have pitted one arkentool against another. Jillian made no attempt to hide that she still wants to croak Stanley, so you'd have two currently aligned arkentools battling against one another over something as petty as Jillian's grudge. Everything that Jillian could possibly have offered Wanda, Wanda can get on her own and still follow her own path to Fate. Start her own Side, steamroll Faq, take Jillian as a prisoner again, and make a new turnamancy box. Serving under Jillian would just be folly.
bladestorm

Postby tgriff02 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 pm

bladestorm wrote:
TokraZeno wrote:True, but it's the very reason that she didn't join FAQ.

Joining Faq would have pitted one arkentool against another. Jillian made no attempt to hide that she still wants to croak Stanley, so you'd have two currently aligned arkentools battling against one another over something as petty as Jillian's grudge. Everything that Jillian could possibly have offered Wanda, Wanda can get on her own and still follow her own path to Fate. Start her own Side, steamroll Faq, take Jillian as a prisoner again, and make a new turnamancy box. Serving under Jillian would just be folly.

Actually, Wanda specifically states that all actions are following a course set by Fate, and that while she doesn't know the whole plant, the current step is to get all Arkentools on one Side, and as such she had to remain on Stanly's side in order to stay on the "Easy Way" path.
tgriff02

Return to Everything Else Erfworld