Some Charlie Theories

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Some Charlie Theories

Postby drachefly » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 am

Jojo came to work with Charlie very recently.
drachefly

Postby Selexor » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Check out the last panel.

While it's not absolute - it could be simply justified by the Titan wanting to use the line from The Dark Knight - I'd take this as all but outright confirmation that Charlie is a Stupidworlder, in light of what we've seen in Book 0. It just took me ages to figure it out, but it's right here. "Jillian had never heard the word ‘kill,’ but for some reason she knew what it meant. It struck her immediately as vulgar and wrong."

It's possible that Charlie simply learned the word from Judy, and was using a "vulgar" term to mock King Slately in the same way as he was choosing to appear in the form of villains. But I don't think it's likely, really. And given everything else we've learned, I'd have to think this is a very big tilt toward the "Charlie is a Stupidworlder" theory, because other than that one wacky coincidence, which is a very thin line to follow, there's no other way he could have learned the word.
But of course that's just my opinion.
Selexor

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Selexor wrote:Check out the last panel.

While it's not absolute - it could be simply justified by the Titan wanting to use the line from The Dark Knight - I'd take this as all but outright confirmation that Charlie is a Stupidworlder, in light of what we've seen in Book 0. It just took me ages to figure it out, but it's right here. "Jillian had never heard the word ‘kill,’ but for some reason she knew what it meant. It struck her immediately as vulgar and wrong."

It's possible that Charlie simply learned the word from Judy, and was using a "vulgar" term to mock King Slately in the same way as he was choosing to appear in the form of villains. But I don't think it's likely, really. And given everything else we've learned, I'd have to think this is a very big tilt toward the "Charlie is a Stupidworlder" theory, because other than that one wacky coincidence, which is a very thin line to follow, there's no other way he could have learned the word.

Yes, several other people have made that connection as well. Now that we have confirmed that Judy was from Stupidworld, it increases the likelyhood that Charlie is, because it reinforces the theory that only the Stupidworlders use certain words and terms. But there is also the possibility that Charlie picked the word up from Judy during their lengthy aquantence, and his choosing to use it then was a ploy to shock Fakely with the vulgarity and severity of his conviction to stop Parson. Also, your are right, Rob could have just wanted to use that gag, but he normally doesn't have to resort to casually creating inconsistencies in his plot to make his jokes work.
tgriff02

Postby TokraZeno » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:58 am

But Charlie has been there back when Judy was still in Erf and a decent while before Parson so either he has a way to travel back and forth or it's just one of those normal erf parodies
TokraZeno

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld