Book 2 – Page 103

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 103

Postby balder » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 103

Postby Manic Oppressive » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:17 am

So the Staff of Suckage is basically a one-use. Still, it seems to have saved him some pain.

And yeah, Ace, that was bad.

On the second read I notice the Boo-p-T thing. Nice touch!
Why yes, I do like Jillian. WHAT OF IT?
Manic Oppressive

Postby sheepfly » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 am

Erfworld with achievements? I love it.

Guess parley's off the table. It was awfully convenient for Ace to join the fight, though... now Parson doesn't have to go hunting for anyone. And it looks like it's really down to Parson's stack vs. Slately's. Epic!
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:39 am

Hrm, I wonder if achievements do anything useful in this game beyond humor. At the very least, they should be marked somewhere for bragging rights.

I'll bet Ace is going to be captured by the end of this. With the destruction of all of their archons and most of their dwagons and high level warlords, that's pretty much the only way left for Gobwin Knob to recoup their losses.
ManaCaster

Postby MattX » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 am

Ace from page 72 (panels 2, 3, and 9) towers over the other soldiers, Cubbins and Slately to about the same degree as Parson does. He may not be quite Parson's size but I think he's as close as any Erfworld human we've seen. Which makes that Battle Bear ENORMOUS.
MattX

Postby Arky » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:50 am

The combo of Ace and Parson remains too tantalizing not to happen.

Also, that would give Parson an Ace and a Jack at the same time: Blackjack!
Arky

Postby M.A.D » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 am

Ace and King also makes a Blackjack, and Jetstone already have an Ace and a King

I'm beginning to think that it was intended
M.A.D

Postby Dystopianman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 am

Well that apparently kicks the Parlay theory.

Can Chief Warlords change the capital for their side?
You know me to be a simple man, Vinny. So explain this plan to me once more, in simple terms.
-Don King

QFT
Dystopianman

Postby Whispri » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 am

The Erf has Achievements? Wanda must have no end of the thingies.

Did Parson stab anyone?

Dystopianman wrote:Can Chief Warlords change the capital for their side?

Even if they could, Slately had to sit on the Throne to give such an order, so...
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 am

So it appears that casters can cast while incapacitated.
Lamech

Postby Saladman » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 am

Man, those background Decrypted infantry still look unhappy. I think that's even two of the same unhappy Decrypted from page 102. I've even more convinced that's deliberate at this point.

Nice call back to the classic D&D line, "what we need to do now is... roll really well!" Sadly, I've been there as a player, though not in quite such a cool game.

Edit:

Lamech wrote:So it appears that casters can cast while incapacitated.

Yyyes. Or at the very least, spend juice; I had an idea at one point there were some things that cost juice that didn't fully count as Casting. Though that may have been trumped by the update on what spells could and couldn't be cast on turn? But I think you're still correct, which is interesting. Good catch.
Saladman

Postby goldenboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 am

Yes, very convenient entrance of Ace. Seems the forum gets its will.
goldenboy

Postby slb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 am

goldenboy wrote:Yes, very convenient entrance of Ace. Seems the forum gets its will.

More likely figured out what the author intended from the beginning.

Speaking of that, I'm wondering if one way for Parson to survive the burning of the City would not be to create his own side: this way he would have a portal to flee with Ace and Jack.

Also can someone explain to a non-native speaker like me the horrible pun that Ace is supposed to have done with the "doll in your court" ?
slb

Postby Lone_ant » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am

It's a play on the phrase "the ball is in your court" which originates from tennis, meaning that it's up to the person to take advantage of the situation.

Here, Ace is talking about him re-animating the Holly Shortcake doll to protect the King. So it's up to Slatey to use the doll in the upcoming fight, as I think Ace just used up the last of his juice there (not sure though).
Lone_ant

Postby Mirage_GSM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am

ManaCaster wrote:I'll bet Ace is going to be captured by the end of this. With the destruction of all of their archons and most of their dwagons and high level warlords, that's pretty much the only way left for Gobwin Knob to recoup their losses.

Get Wanda on the battlefield when it's all over, and they will have recouped pretty much all of their losses. Not the archons, but all the dragons that haven't been decrypted before and enough enemy warlords.
Mirage_GSM
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lone_ant » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:17 am

Well, I should think heavily crippling one of the most powerful sides in the RC II would be victory enough to recoup their losses. Then again, they're gonna be sitting vulnerable ducks unless they execute a hasty retreat after this fight if Wanda isn't available.

P.S. Love the "Role nat 20s".. I bet that counts as an order too haha
Lone_ant

Postby arin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:32 am

Well.... His Majesty seems to have learned the value of violating parleys when his back's against the wall, albeit that was a really really short one.

Probably too short to be "official". I wonder if that makes a difference for him, from an "honor" standpoint?

Arky wrote:The combo of Ace and Parson remains too tantalizing not to happen.

Also, that would give Parson an Ace and a Jack at the same time: Blackjack!

Ansom's a Level 10... hmm, would that mean that Ace, Don King, Jillian, Jack and Ansom qualify as a Royal Flush? :) Is that ultimately what's needed to beat Charlie's Full House? ;)

Edit: Rob, new product idea for ya - Erfworld-themed Deck of Cards. I'd buy it. :)
arin
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Tathar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:35 am

sheepfly wrote:Erfworld with achievements? I love it.

Guess parley's off the table. It was awfully convenient for Ace to join the fight, though... now Parson doesn't have to go hunting for anyone. And it looks like it's really down to Parson's stack vs. Slately's. Epic!

Parley's far from off the table for Tramennis. I'm sticking to my prediction.
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby mortissimus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:37 am

ManaCaster wrote:Hrm, I wonder if achievements do anything useful in this game beyond humor. At the very least, they should be marked somewhere for bragging rights.

There should be a big book in the City of heroes.

And also those books in the GK library that Parson tried to learn something from, but mostly contained stuff like highscores.
mortissimus

Postby peteratjet » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:38 am

I think Holly is now a GI Jane doll. Notice the face camo and sergeant's stripes.

On the other hand , "keep your mouth closed when you fight". Exactly what sort of doll does Fakely think she is? :o
peteratjet

Next

Return to Reactions