Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 063

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 063

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Beeskee wrote:It makes Erfworld sense that Lookamancers can impair the vision of other units. However, that 'touch' range restriction has got to be a killer.

Too punny. lol. But I agree.
tgriff02

Postby roninpanda » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:13 pm

All issues of various "mancy powers aside, She killed the scarecrow and the tin man. Now where's the lion?
You are in what may be the worst, most Titans-forsaken place in all of Erfworld,” said Judy. “This is the Olive Garden.”
roninpanda

Postby Man in the Mists » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:19 pm

roninpanda wrote:All issues of various "mancy powers aside, She killed the scarecrow and the tin man. Now where's the lion?

The lion's been dead for a while, before Inner Peace's events happened.

And I get the feeling that if Jack had gone with Jillian at Spacerock, she would have made him her Chief Caster and consort. Which, now that I think about it, is good for Vinnie that he didn't.
Man in the Mists

Postby Angband » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:29 pm

For those who don't get the reference in the Lemon Jefferson spell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Lemon_Jefferson
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby teratorn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:28 pm

Man in the Mists wrote:And I get the feeling that if Jack had gone with Jillian at Spacerock, she would have made him her Chief Caster and consort. Which, now that I think about it, is good for Vinnie that he didn't.

Vinny? What about decrypted Ansom?
teratorn

Postby pseudoboo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm

so she disembowled her father's favorite(and most peaceful) caster in front of him, that helps explain the change from this book 0 vs book 1's relationship between her and him((and on top of that in a way that made it look like he was her first target rather than a reaction to being blinded on the way to the real enemy)and this combined with the one where banhammer was tricked into joining olive explains why she doesn't respect him more for coming to rescue her)

also ha, the first view she gets from jack is momentarily distracted looking at her ass.
Last edited by pseudoboo on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pseudoboo

Postby pseudoboo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 pm

teratorn wrote:
Man in the Mists wrote:And I get the feeling that if Jack had gone with Jillian at Spacerock, she would have made him her Chief Caster and consort. Which, now that I think about it, is good for Vinnie that he didn't.

Vinny? What about decrypted Ansom?

ansom wins anyway, remember jack would rank thirdish out of the three jillian could have tried to turn that day, part of why he did't in his conversation with wanda(answer hazy ask again later)
pseudoboo

Postby Noemz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I wanted to see what would happen to an enemy caster when the side fell, but it sounds like Brother Orwell has croaked.

I know most units would just disappear, but casters as well? Could casters just become barbarian? Or would they have to turn or enter the Magic Kingdom to avoid disappearing when disbanded?

And, also laughing at Jack checking out Jillian's butt!
Noemz
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Ambug666 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 pm

So I wonder how this affects the debate on free will on Erfworld. Jillian and her father have vastly different ideas of what is good for their side, and I'm not certain there is an objective correct answer. Banhammer gave an order and Jillian disobeyed. We've seen this before, but not quite so blatantly. I think this is pretty convincing that at least some units on Erfworld have free will.
Ambug666

Postby Gorky » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:19 pm

Awesome fight scene is awesome.

I can see how Banhammer would be extremely angry at Jillian after this. Like, irrevocably damaged relationship angry.

Also, Olive is definitely the Parson of her generation.
Gorky

Postby Orzel » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I hope Wanda can see that Orwell's grave in kept clean. One kind favor.

Seems that blindness is a pretty powerful penalty in Erfworld. It made the tin man and scarecrow actual threats to Jillian instead of one shot KOs like Orwell. If lookamancers have to touch the target then that is the balancing factor to avoid it being broken. Titans only help you if lookamancers could mass blind at range.
Orzel

Postby oslecamo2_temp » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Orzel wrote:I hope Wanda can see that Orwell's grave in kept clean. One kind favor.

Seems that blindness is a pretty powerful penalty in Erfworld. It made the tin man and scarecrow actual threats to Jillian instead of one shot KOs like Orwell. If lookamancers have to touch the target then that is the balancing factor to avoid it being broken. Titans only help you if lookamancers could mass blind at range.

Foolmancer can already blind at range.

Even stronger, foolmancers can blind you while making you think that you're not blinded at all (yes, that's totally the surrendering enemy warlord and not an angry twoll preparing to smash your face).

Anyway I would say that it's pretty hax that Jack can make Jillian see stuff when she's under a "See Nothing" spell, but on the other the author already showed whatever rules erfworld runs trough change every round, so meh.

Nex update, Jack can cast "illusory" fireballs that burn better than a blastmancer's nukes. Jillian keeps geting the credits for other people's works. Dwagons get another big weakness revealed. Don't miss it!
Formerly oslecamo2, unable to acess old acount.
oslecamo2_temp

Postby Kaed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:20 pm

oslecamo2_temp wrote:Anyway I would say that it's pretty hax that Jack can make Jillian see stuff when she's under a "See Nothing" spell, but on the other the author already showed whatever rules erfworld runs trough change every round, so meh.

Nex update, Jack can cast "illusory" fireballs that burn better than a blastmancer's nukes.

Booping titans dude, do you do anything but whine about how internally inconsistent you think the rules are? Erfworld favors out of the box thinking, this is essentially every major twist ever.

Stop acting like it's breaking the rules (that we don't even entirely understand) every time.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby emperorsarda » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 pm

oslecamo2_temp wrote:Anyway I would say that it's pretty hax that Jack can make Jillian see stuff when she's under a "See Nothing" spell, but on the other the author already showed whatever rules erfworld runs trough change every round, so meh.

Nex update, Jack can cast "illusory" fireballs that burn better than a blastmancer's nukes. Jillian keeps geting the credits for other people's works. Dwagons get another big weakness revealed. Don't miss it!

It has been demonstrated already that Foolamancy can create illusions that only one person can see. So there is nothing hax about lending vision or having Jack create things for Jillian to see while she is blind. It's not like he is using her eyes. He's fooling the mind.

Also Illusory fireballs? That is brilliant. Have Jack and Maggie link up; jack creates the image of the fireball and Maggie then uses thinkamancy to cause the mind to think it is in pain. Stimulate the pain receptors. It's genius.
emperorsarda

Postby tgriff02 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 pm

Kaed wrote:
Booping titans dude, do you do anything but whine about how internally inconsistent you think the rules are? Erfworld favors out of the box thinking, this is essentially every major twist ever.

Stop acting like it's breaking the rules (that we don't even entirely understand) every time.

<3 <3 <3 :D
tgriff02

Postby Hidden Sanity » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 pm

Do we even know if Orwell is a high level? I know he's the chief lookamancer, but that doesn't necessarily go by level... Maybe higher levels can blind at range... or those with combat expertise...
Hidden Sanity

Postby kiyote » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:08 am

tgriff02 wrote:
Kaed wrote:

<3 <3 <3 :D

It's not even all that out of the box. We know that Lookamancers' powers involve increasing the distance in which a person can perceive or find things. It makes sense that a practical battle application of Lookamancers involve turning that dial the other way, decreasing the distance a unit can perceive until they can't see anything at all.

And Foolamancy is one of the few disciplines that we have in depth descriptions about. It's already been explained that they work by finding the hooks in people's minds between what they see and what their mind thinks they see. Not that unbelievable that Jack can insert what he sees inside Jullian's mind to compensate for what she can't.

I'm sure that both of the effects will end at the next dawn.
kiyote
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby vector121 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 am

I loved this update. The "Stop" order from Banhammer followed directly by the "Disregard" reply from Jillian really stuck out to me.
My deviantArt - Blog-ity blog

I'm gonna sing the doom song now. Doom dee doom doom doom...
vector121

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:40 am

Noemz wrote:
And, also laughing at Jack checking out Jillian's butt!

I missed that part, but yeah, that is funny. :lol:
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 am

Chief Caster, probably. I mean, Vanna is a hired barbarian, and assuming the new heir or any of the other units in production are casters, they would be low level. But consort? Definetely not. That is one of the main reasons Jack has thus far refused to rejoin her. In fact, it was the main reason he refused during the battle for the gap to Faq.
ManaCaster

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions