Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Postby Whispri » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Actually, scratch that, I'll just repeat the bet offer once for anyone. So yeah: This I'm offering this bet a second time if anyone wants it:

Whispri wrote:I'll bet a single quatloo that Wanda will become Chief Caster of a Side other than Gobwin Knob during Book Zero.

Round numbers, hope, hope.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:22 am

OK, I'll bite.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:44 am

BTW, it seems that you've miscounted the number of quatloos I have outstanding:

drachefly wrote:Whispri is at 20q and has 59q outstanding
~~~~
0beron (zero) bet Whispri 5q that Wanda will not make Master Class before reaching FAQ.
~~~~
Whispri bet me 10q that Wanda creates at least one Golem that is powerful enough to count as a Heavy, without the use of Scrolls, prior to Book 1.
~~~~
Mrtyuh bet Whispri 10q that Cubbins will become the first decrypted caster.
~~~~
Whispri bet me 10q that Wanda poses as a different type of Caster while serving at Faq.
~~~~
I bet whispri my 50q to his 2q that Wanda doesn't pose as another type of caster at any point while at FAQ. This is without regard to success or failure. In no case does a joke count. Attempting to fool any of the casters, warlords, or Banhammer even for a moment counts; for others, trying for, say, a minute. (I include this exception since fooling regular soldiers is much easier and has many fewer consequences and would not be generally the same sort of endeavor)
~~~~
Nnelg bet Whispri 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.
~~~~
Sixty bet Whispri 10q that Jillian's yellow dwagon gets converted by Stanley when he attacks. If it dies before then or something else happens to it, Whispri wins.
~~~~
Itoh bets Whispri 20q that Charlescomm or a side allied (at least informally) with Charlescomm gains possession of the Arkenpliers by the end of book 2 (not counting a CC alliance with GK)
~~~~
Itoh bets Whispri 15q that Charlescomm or a side allied (at least informally) with Charlescomm gains possession of the Arkenhammer by the end of book 2 (not counting a CC alliance with GK)
~~~~
Whispri bet bladestorm and me 1q each that Wanda will become Chief Caster of a Side other than Gobwin Knob during Book Zero.

It all adds up to 89q outstanding by my count.
Whispri

Postby drachefly » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 am

I checked everything over. A few 'outstanding' counts were off, but as far as I can tell (and it's possible I missed something) the actual scores were correct.
drachefly

Postby drachefly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:27 am

I offer a 5q bet that Jack survives this turn.

I offer a 5q bet that if Jack does croak this turn, he is eventually decrypted (and if he's not croaked this turn, bet is off)
drachefly

Postby bladestorm » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 am

drachefly wrote:I offer a 5q bet that Jack survives this turn.

I offer a 5q bet that if Jack does croak this turn, he is eventually decrypted (and if he's not croaked this turn, bet is off)

I'll accept the second bet. I think Parson will do whatever he can to prevent Jack from becoming one of Wanda's toys. We may even get a klog about ways to prevent a body from being uncroaked/decrypted.
bladestorm

Postby youngstormlord » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 pm

I bet 10q that Wanda will either shoot or stab Olive in the back in the next update, while Olive is preoccupied with Jill. Any takers?
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord

Postby bladestorm » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:30 pm

youngstormlord wrote:I bet 10q that Wanda will either shoot or stab Olive in the back in the next update, while Olive is preoccupied with Jill. Any takers?

Accepted
bladestorm

Postby Whispri » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 am

drachefly wrote:Nnelg bet Whispri 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.

Well he's met Slately for one.
Whispri

Postby drachefly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 am

Do we agree that Sylvia dusted in the previous update? That'd resolve a few bets.
drachefly

Postby Xeadra » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 am

I bet 50 q that Parson will become the Ruler of a side before the end of the comic.
Xeadra

Postby bladestorm » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 pm

Xeadra wrote:I bet 50 q that Parson will become the Ruler of a side before the end of the comic.

Can I get clarification of 'end of the comic'?
bladestorm

Postby youngstormlord » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:19 pm

It appears that I have lost my bet.

bladestorm wrote:
youngstormlord wrote:I bet 10q that Wanda will either shoot or stab Olive in the back in the next update, while Olive is preoccupied with Jill. Any takers?

Accepted

That means that I'm at -10q. Double or nothing that Wanda will shoot or stab Olive in the back or shoot her broomstick to make her fall in one of the next updates.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord

Postby drachefly » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:07 pm

bladestorm wrote:
Xeadra wrote:I bet 50 q that Parson will become the Ruler of a side before the end of the comic.

Can I get clarification of 'end of the comic'?

I'll consider the comic over if any of the following occur:
1) Rob says it's over
2) there is no room for sequels (e.g. as wrapped up as the end of RotJ)
3) the comic hasn't updated in 6 months
drachefly

Postby bladestorm » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 pm

youngstormlord wrote:It appears that I have lost my bet.

bladestorm wrote:

Accepted

That means that I'm at -10q. Double or nothing that Wanda will shoot or stab Olive in the back or shoot her broomstick to make her fall in one of the next updates.

Make it one of the next two updates, and I'll take it.
bladestorm

Postby bladestorm » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 pm

bladestorm wrote:
drachefly wrote:You'd better offer short odds on that, I fear. Unless you count 'already dead' as a loss.

I offer 5q that Sylvia croaks this battle.

I'll take that. She's got Fate armour and a huge crush on Parson as an instrument of Fate.

I'll concede this one. If she shows up later, I SO want my quatloo back.
bladestorm

Postby drachefly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 am

Of course - though since you conceded I won't pay out double, just reverse the outcome.

Mrtyuh's bet that Parson x Sylvia will be a thing is pretty much resolved, but I'll wait for his word before calling it so as to avoid a repeat of last time.
drachefly

Postby Nnelg » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 pm

drachefly wrote:
CelebrenIthil wrote:Slately's remains were destroyed to prevent decryption so I believe that one is settled?
We aren't 100% sure that they actually got around to destroying Slately's remains. It does seem very very likey, yes.

I'm perfectly fine with waiting until the clone goes poof.

Also, you seem to be missing this open bet:
Nnelg wrote:
  • 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.

I'm not entirely sure that the King counts as a warlord, let alone his clone. I'm open to discussion, though.
"The Wizard is Charlie!"
Nnelg

Postby MarbitChow » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 pm

I'll concede the Clone Slately vs. Decrypted. Even if the original's body isn't destroyed, Wanda has no way to get into the hex this turn - even if they take it over AND create a new side to reopen the portal, Clonely is already dead in that scenario.
MarbitChow

Postby Whispri » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Nnelg wrote:Also, you seem to be missing this open bet:
Nnelg wrote:
  • 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.

I'm not entirely sure that the King counts as a warlord, let alone his clone. I'm open to discussion, though.

Slately MkII is a King, who is not a Caster, ergo he is a Warlord. And Parson met him. So yeah, bet resolved.
Whispri

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld