Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Amateur Predictamancy Thread (BETTING)

Postby bladestorm » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Whispri wrote:
Nnelg wrote:Also, you seem to be missing this open bet:
Nnelg wrote:
  • 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.

I'm not entirely sure that the King counts as a warlord, let alone his clone. I'm open to discussion, though.

Slately MkII is a King, who is not a Caster, ergo he is a Warlord. And Parson met him. So yeah, bet resolved.

But does meeting the duplicate count as meeting someone 'in person'.
bladestorm

Postby drachefly » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:12 pm

bladestorm wrote:
Whispri wrote:
Nnelg wrote:Also, you seem to be missing this open bet:
  • 5q that Parson does not get to meet any non-GK warlords in person by the end of Book 2.
I'm not entirely sure that the King counts as a warlord, let alone his clone. I'm open to discussion, though.

Slately MkII is a King, who is not a Caster, ergo he is a Warlord. And Parson met him. So yeah, bet resolved.

But does meeting the duplicate count as meeting someone 'in person'.

It doesn't count as meeting the original king, but Clonely is a Jetstone warlord, and Parson met him. It stays in the 'resolved' pile.

Also, I offer 10q, even bet, that Jack doesn't hook up with Jillian during book 0.
drachefly

Postby Xeadra » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm

drachefly wrote:Also, I offer 10q, even bet, that Jack doesn't hook up with Jillian during book 0.

Define "Hook up with."
Xeadra

Postby drachefly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:33 am

Anything past a surface kiss. On the hands front, a wanted grope.
drachefly

Postby ThisIsNotDan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:37 am

As per the brief discussion in the following thread, I'd like to take up drachefly on his bet:

http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6479

As I understand it, I get 10q from drachefly if the caster accompanying Parson at the moment ends up being Bowie the Changemancer in disguise, and drachefly gets 5q from me if the caster is actually Jack Snipe the Foolamancer, as he appears to be. This is my first bet, so as I understand it I start off with 10q in my wallet.
ThisIsNotDan

Postby drachefly » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:08 am

Added. That's not quite how it works, btw.
drachefly

Postby Shai_hulud » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:37 pm

Don't see this yet. If I'm wrong please tell me. I bet 10q that Wanda has seen what Charlie really looks like, if only briefly. Not necessarily met though.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby ThisIsNotDan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:52 am

drachefly wrote:That's not quite how it works, btw.

You are very generous. The "beginner's wallet" of 10q that I described from memory is actually not at all how it works, LOL. I went back and re-read it; we're good now.
ThisIsNotDan

Postby Beeskee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:59 am

10Q says Parson throws up after killing his first person, if he actually kills someone in this battle. Clonely doesn't count.
Beeskee

Postby Whispri » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:13 am

Beeskee wrote:10Q says Parson throws up after killing his first person, if he actually kills someone in this battle. Clonely doesn't count.

Welllllllll........... I suppose I'll bite. He may not even get a chance to kill someone other than Slately in this battle though. Ace may be the only enemy person left aside from Slately for one thing.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Shall I put it down as, "The first time Parson kills a person other than Clonely, he throws up"? That opens it up a bit more.
drachefly

Postby Whispri » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Fine by me.
Whispri

Postby mortissimus » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Shai_hulud wrote:Don't see this yet. If I'm wrong please tell me. I bet 10q that Wanda has seen what Charlie really looks like, if only briefly. Not necessarily met though.

I'm interested if we put a deadline on when the information is be revealed (since otherwise the bet can run forever). How about by the end of the current (Jillian/FAQ) storyline of Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower)?
mortissimus

Postby Beeskee » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:28 pm

That's fine by me. I thought I wasn't supposed to give those an infinite duration.
Beeskee

Postby drachefly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:29 pm

It's okay to have something that may or may not ever resolve. What's not okay is if only one side gets to ever resolve in a finite amount of time. So, like, "I bet Parson never kills anyone" is not okay because one side can win but the other can't.
drachefly

Postby youngstormlord » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:25 am

bladestorm wrote:
youngstormlord wrote:It appears that I have lost my bet.

That means that I'm at -10q. Double or nothing that Wanda will shoot or stab Olive in the back or shoot her broomstick to make her fall in one of the next updates.

Make it one of the next two updates, and I'll take it.

Ok. Under one condition: Shoot includes hit her or disabling broom using any device that Charlie left over in the hall.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
Spoiler: show
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby bladestorm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 am

Time to spread some wealth around. My prediction is that Rob and Xin will be able to maintain their posted update schedule for three consecutive updates in a row, before the close of both Book 0 and Book 2. If I win, I get 5 or your quatloo. If you win, your winninggs depend on your current quatloo. If you are sitting at 0Q, I'll pay out 10Q. If you are sitting at negative, I'll pay out whatever is needed to reset you quatloo count to 0. If you have positive quatloo, I get all of your quatloo, resetting your value to 0. Obviously, this is geared towards those with 0 or negative quatloo.
bladestorm

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 am

mortissimus wrote:
Shai_hulud wrote:Don't see this yet. If I'm wrong please tell me. I bet 10q that Wanda has seen what Charlie really looks like, if only briefly. Not necessarily met though.

I'm interested if we put a deadline on when the information is be revealed (since otherwise the bet can run forever). How about by the end of the current (Jillian/FAQ) storyline of Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower)?
Acceptable, since this is when I assume it would said by if it were going to be said at all in Inner Peace.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Atomic » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:48 am

I kind of want to get in on this... I know it's not terribly far out there, but:

I'll bet 10q that in the next update of IPtSF (page 64), King Banhammer tries to stop Jillian from harming/engaging Olive yet again. Only this time, Banhammer will be told off by Marie when she Predicts the results of the current skirmish.

Any takers?
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby drachefly » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:09 am

You're on.
drachefly

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else Erfworld