Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 065

Postby balder » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:31 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 065

Postby drachefly » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Oho!

We'll get to really see the court in action!
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby onlyme » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:56 pm

"Blind tool" is a nice way to describe allowing your blind daughter to execute the woman you love because your predictamancer tells you.
onlyme

Postby CF_HoneyBadger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:19 pm

I don't get it...why give us this great update showing us how cool and awesome jack is, when HE IS DEAD IN BOOK 2?!?!?!?!

Its like a funeral, where everyone comes together to say how great the deceased person is...
CF_HoneyBadger

Postby Whispri » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:23 pm

I hope they have a suitable supply of wigs.

Gillian's Level 7. She'll be Level 9 by the time of TBfGK. I really can't see her being the one to croak Olive in the light of that. I mean Ansom's only been around for a few hundred Turns.

Wanda's hair has lost it's stripes... I hope that's a sign that her signamancy's improving already.

Seventy Cities seems a bit low for how far Haffaton's territory seems to stretch, leaves me wondering how many City sites lie razed and empty within their Dominion.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby onlyme » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:38 pm

CF_HoneyBadger wrote:I don't get it...why give us this great update showing us how cool and awesome jack is, when HE IS DEAD IN BOOK 2?!?!?!?!

Let's wait till monday to be sure. Today is Good Friday and noone is executed, perhaps on Easter Monday someone is not resurected.
onlyme

Postby atalex » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:46 pm

CF_HoneyBadger wrote:I don't get it...why give us this great update showing us how cool and awesome jack is, when HE IS DEAD IN BOOK 2?!?!?!?!

Its like a funeral, where everyone comes together to say how great the deceased person is...

I refuse to believe we're done with Jack Snipe. Even if he is actually dead right now, the question of "what happens to a caster who is Decrypted?" has been hanging over Book 2 almost since it started (and with regard to this same character, no less). My guess is that Jack gets Decrypted but the result has some kind of negative consequence that ensures Wanda can't just kill and Decrypt every single caster she meets.
atalex

Postby ftl » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Because he's still alive in Book 0, duh. What, did you want his death in the future to erase him from the past, too?
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:10 pm

ftl wrote:

Because he's still alive in Book 0, duh. What, did you want his death in the future to erase him from the past, too?

Marty McFly has already proven this to be the case. And Chuck Cunningham.
bladestorm

Postby ManaCaster » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Doesn't look like there is any likely means by which Orwell will be croaked at this point. And yet, Faq had little forewarning of Stanely's attack. Maybe Wanda arranges for him to be off duty like Jack during her unintentional betrayal?
ManaCaster

Postby Gorky » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:29 pm

"The Jack’s tricks had tricks inside of them."
Gorky

Postby onlyme » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:36 pm

ManaCaster wrote:Doesn't look like there is any likely means by which Orwell will be croaked at this point. And yet, Faq had little forewarning of Stanely's attack. Maybe Wanda arranges for him to be off duty like Jack during her unintentional betrayal?

We do not know how little forewarning they had. Remember Stanley travels via dragons. So I doubt he would need more than two turns from being first visible to the lookamancer to arriving at FAQ. So with some little arangement that should be quick enough that they cannot get their foolamancer back into the capital before Stanley can spot it. (And hiding it after it was spotted might not make that much sense).
onlyme

Postby Vreejack » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:57 pm

“She tunned!” exclaimed Marie’s.

Am I reading that right? Why is "Marie's" possessive?

Admittedly I need a lot of sleep right now.

edit: I get it; it's Marie's voice. See, that's from being too tired to read for comprehension.
Last edited by Vreejack on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby bladestorm » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:10 pm

ManaCaster wrote:Doesn't look like there is any likely means by which Orwell will be croaked at this point. And yet, Faq had little forewarning of Stanely's attack. Maybe Wanda arranges for him to be off duty like Jack during her unintentional betrayal?

Forewarning may have been pointless, depending upon how many dwagon he had coming. Parson said something akin to knowing the exact weight of the rhino that was charging you. Orson could see them coming, but what all could Faq do? Stanley could just bust down the front gates, avoid the tower zone completely, and use raw dwagon force against a city with very little combat experience and likely not preparations in case someone actually found them.

I wonder if Faq keeps Olive as a prisoner in a prison with no walls, and she is able to escape when Stanley sacks Faq.
bladestorm

Postby kefkakrazy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Vreejack wrote:
“She tunned!” exclaimed Marie’s.

Am I reading that right? Why is "Marie's" possessive?

Admittedly I need a lot of sleep right now.

It's referring to Marie's voice, the usage is correct
kefkakrazy

Postby WarFAN » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Stupid Banhammer... Wanda's treason against him seems to me as a very good service to common sense. Conducting a trial... :shock:
WarFAN

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:18 pm

I imagine Wanda will talk about the heroine buds in her prosecution. It could be useful to Faq to learn more about them while Olive is alive: Olive probably knows things that Wanda doesn't, and Olive might be able to do something to help Jillian and Wanda if there is anything she wants that is safe for Faq to offer in return. Another possibility is to use a thinkamancy scroll to "suggest" Olive into helping Jillian and Wanda as a goodwill gesture. Fate may have arranged Olive's capture because it wants Jillian and Wanda to be less afflicted by their addiction.

From the King's perspective, it will help him grow in wisdom if he learns to look at this hippiemancer who seduced him in a new light. The benefits of the King's increase in self-knowledge could easily outweigh the cost of holding off Haffaton's assault on Effbaum, even if that cost includes a few casters.

I have to admit I was confused by "Marie's" until kefkakrazy prompted me to re-read that part. I love how these text updates are written from the point of view of a particular character, in this case, the blinded Jillian hearing voices around her.

It's nice to get an explanation of what Jack will do in Book I to turn Stanley around to get him to go back to GK.

I don't think it's coincidence that thinking about Carnymancy led Jillian to think of shooting the broom, after we've seen the archons quote Charlie's rules before pulling the rug out from under Ossomer.

This update was awesome!
Last edited by Chit Rule Railroad on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Nakedkali » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Erfworld is unjust, but it's just about to get its first personification of it.

Justice is blind! And she has a huge sword already. No scales yet, but maybe we'll get to see that. Wait, not sure about the heroine addiction. Justice is a drug addict?

edit=punctuation fix
Nakedkali

Postby BrotherRool » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm no fan of Banhammer poor decision making, or the way he lets his intellectual discussions blind him to the people and life around him.

But this I can respect and I can respect his desire to do right no matter what fate and at the risk of harm and evil. Maybe you can't beat fate, but life should be about fighting it. If you follow decisions because they were made for you then you aren't even living your life, something else is.

...although, if anyone could beat fate, I bet Parson could
BrotherRool

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:47 pm

BrotherRool wrote:I'm no fan of Banhammer poor decision making, or the way he lets his intellectual discussions blind him to the people and life around him.

But this I can respect and I can respect his desire to do right no matter what fate and at the risk of harm and evil. Maybe you can't beat fate, but life should be about fighting it. If you follow decisions because they were made for you then you aren't even living your life, something else is.

Why should Fate be beaten? [strikethrough]Marie could be right about Fate being good.[/strikethrough] I just realized Marie never said Fate was good, just that opposing Fate is bad - she fears Fate, but doesn't necessarily approve of it.

Banhammer is taking a stand against a certain relationship to Fate, but he is not necessarily resisting Fate itself. In fact, given how difficult the Very Easy Way tends to be, it seems that Fate doesn't want slaves.

Since the author has described himself as an in-world Titan, I think his plot outline is synonymous with Fate. This would mean that, whether or not they realize it, any unit whose character development is sufficiently compelling to merit an arc has influence over Fate, not just Parson. Rob Balder evidently wants the story to have wide appeal, and he and his audience have empathy, so Fate is overall benign (according to Stupidworld morality), but at the same time it's like an alien intelligence toying with the Erfworlders.
Last edited by Chit Rule Railroad on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chit Rule Railroad

Next

Return to Reactions