Book 2 – Page 106

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby bladestorm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 am

cheeseaholic wrote:I think that Parson will simply change the city level, by razing or rebuilding. However, I hope that the scroll that Parson has teleports the target to Charlie's living room. And that Parson gets the capital changed so that he can get Maggie to cast it on the fire.

"Imma cast my Magick Missile", "At what?", "The Darkness".
bladestorm

Postby dwp222 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 am

I am *NOT* a gamer, so this may be a (stupid? ignorant?) question:

Can a side have two capitals simultaneously?
dwp222
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:22 am

The Netherlands does, but there's no reason to think that Erf would allow that.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:03 am

dwp222 wrote:I am *NOT* a gamer, so this may be a (stupid? ignorant?) question:

Theoretically in games? Depending on the game and the significance of capitals - maybe. The game could allow it, or you cheat to get it. Or from the odd war game - a revolt occurs and for a time there is the "loyal" capital and the "rebel" capital.

Haven't seen any indication in Erfworld yet though that a side can normally have two capitals.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby Morni » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:09 am

dwp222 wrote:I am *NOT* a gamer, so this may be a (stupid? ignorant?) question:

In Civ 3.. you could build the "forbidden palace".. it would act as a 2nd capital site to reduce corruption
Morni

Postby bladestorm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 am

From what has been mentioned so far, you can have multiple capitol sites, but only one serves as the actual Capitol city.
bladestorm

Postby Zippy the Squirrel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:18 pm

I just remembered, in one of the recent text updates, Jillian's forces don't capture the city they're in until after they claim the incapacitated caster as a prisoner. Nobody's done that for Ace, so he's very definitely dead now.
Zippy the Squirrel
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Zippy the Squirrel wrote:I just remembered, in one of the recent text updates, Jillian's forces don't capture the city they're in until after they claim the incapacitated caster as a prisoner. Nobody's done that for Ace, so he's very definitely dead now.
Ohyah! Good thought.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby cheeseaholic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:22 pm

There's different kinds of incapacitation though.
cheeseaholic

Postby bladestorm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Zippy the Squirrel wrote:I just remembered, in one of the recent text updates, Jillian's forces don't capture the city they're in until after they claim the incapacitated caster as a prisoner. Nobody's done that for Ace, so he's very definitely dead now.

I thought they had claimed the caster as a prisoner, and then the Overlady left the garrison into the airspace. I'll have to go back and re-read that passage again to determine the order of events. I was also under the impression that the units Parson was commanding had extensive battlefield experience and would know to capture the incapacitated caster, skipping right past the mournful wailing and lamenting, and not needing to be verbally ordered to do so.
bladestorm

Postby silverdevilboy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:42 pm

So. As we know from summer updates, razing a city is instant. I suspect that's what will be done here, though an upgrade is also possible.
silverdevilboy

Postby elecampane » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Doctor Foreman wrote:At the extremely high risk of missing some form of sarcasm, facetiousness, or japery...that is his body.

But...
Doesn't purple dwagon's left forepaw rests on the same stone that covers Jack from us? Why is it so much smaller than Jack's hand? And why Bogroll's statue seems to be closer, but appears to be only slightly bigger than lying Jack?
I don't insist that I'm right and anyway Jack's body there is far more probable than a statue, but all we can see of it is in same shades of gray and black as Bogroll, and size really seems off to me.
elecampane

Postby CF_HoneyBadger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Question :

Does killing clones grant experience? I know that when the dwagon tried to eat the king, he kind of popped...did Parson get and experience for killing the king? From the last text update, Jillian seemed pretty happy about the thought of killing a high-level unit. What kind of unit reward would result from killing a king?

I'm going to try to look back at earlier comics tonight...Im pretty sure Parson's stats said he was low level...but I can't remember.
CF_HoneyBadger

Postby Morni » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Do you remember which update this was?
Morni

Postby effataigus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:33 pm

CF_HoneyBadger wrote:Question :

Does killing clones grant experience? I know that when the dwagon tried to eat the king, he kind of popped...did Parson get and experience for killing the king? From the last text update, Jillian seemed pretty happy about the thought of killing a high-level unit. What kind of unit reward would result from killing a king?

I'm going to try to look back at earlier comics tonight...Im pretty sure Parson's stats said he was low level...but I can't remember.

Hahah I love it. Clone Olive. Kill Olive. BOOM... level 1 warlord goes to level 5.

I wouldn't be surprised if killing a hostile clone does give experience, but killing a friendly one does not. Then again... we've already seen that killing a captive does, so not all is as I would expect.

No idea about the question you asked though.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby mortissimus » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:37 pm

elecampane wrote:all we can see of it is in same shades of gray and black as Bogroll, and size really seems off to me.

Look at square 1. There you have dwagon, Jack, something that is burning. You have the same objects in 10, except the dwagon has moved a bit. The colors is due to Jacks white gloves, black hair and white face, plus the smoke rising from the somthing that is burning giving hair and face a grey tone.

Floor carpet seems to be missing in square 1 btw. Which makes me suspect that I am staring at it to closely.
mortissimus

Postby Oberon » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 pm

arin wrote:It's funny, I didn't even think it was a /question/ that Charlie meant for Parson to be trapped in the inferno condition. They as much as said it here.
I've read your reference strip. I don't see a single reference to fire, much less an inferno. Trapped? Yes. Inferno? Not mentioned.
Vreejack wrote:I also have to wonder...what happened to the prince who was going to pop?
He was in a production queue which no longer exists. Ergo, he no longer exists.
Pokota wrote:That's one word, and in the Windows-centric realm of computer geeks (which Parson was heavily implied to be - and don't say 'He could have been running Linux or Mac or something' when we all know Windows has the lion's share of the market due to the combination of ease-of-use and affordability) it means to undo the last action done, provided such an undo is possible. You can undo moving something to the recycle bin, but you can't undo emptying the recycle bin.
I'll conditionally give you ease-of-use, although several Linux distros have made major strides in that arena and I'd argue that the only ease-of-use Windows has remaining is a large user base which is already familiar with how to operate it on an end-user basis. I personally find the Linux/Unix file system far easier to comprehend than the Windows file system. Between the multiple places config files are stored plus the registry, Windows is a nightmare. But affordability? You kid, right? Linux is free (and yes, I am aware that there are some distros which do have a price, but I'm not aware of one which costs more than Windows). Compare free to the cost of Windows before you give Windows any credence for affordability, please.
Noigel wrote:- I wonder if Vanna's Wheel of Fortune turn-changing display is still in the city and possibly claimed by GK now.
It isn't. And do not speak of it again.
pendell wrote:Panel 2 . Is that only the second uncensored swear word we've had since the beginning of the comic?
*sigh* This comes up every time a curse word is spoken. Change of venue! Swearing wasn't/isn't allowed on the GitP site. Nothing stopping it here.
erianaiel wrote:Near as I can tell Charlie constantly changed plans.
That's because his last name is Xanatos.
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby ManaCaster » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:58 pm

CF_HoneyBadger wrote:Question :

That's an interesting question. Just imagine what a game breaker it would be if they do! You could clone a high level prisoner (or even one of your own units) over and over again to level up your own at low risk.

CF_HoneyBadger wrote:I'm going to try to look back at earlier comics tonight...Im pretty sure Parson's stats said he was low level...but I can't remember.

Yes, he appeared in Erfworld as a level 2 warlord.
ManaCaster

Postby Goshen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:37 pm

ManaCaster wrote:
CF_HoneyBadger wrote:I'm going to try to look back at earlier comics tonight...Im pretty sure Parson's stats said he was low level...but I can't remember.

But later on, he promoted himself to a heavy unit. Too lazy to look up which episode....
Goshen

Postby bladestorm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Goshen wrote:
ManaCaster wrote:

But later on, he promoted himself to a heavy unit. Too lazy to look up which episode....

He was already a heavy unit. He promoted himself to a field unit, so that he could leave the city. No level advancement required.
bladestorm

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions