Sonic Screwdriver wrote:
Swodaems wrote:It is about damned time somebody gave Parson a honest critique about his battlefield performance. He has been making a mess of it for a while now and deserves the calling out.
Were it not for the food fight, the scene would've been "two casters, including the Arkenpliers, and the entire army in the field, with little damage to the enemy." After the food fight, he didn't really do much except throw himself in danger and kill Jack for no benefit, but I doubt that's the criticism Stanley's throwing.
1) The assault plan on Jetstone was Ansom's, not Parson's. Parson is hamstrung, and not in full control of the situation.
2) There are too many Trimancer Link-ups for anyone to plan for them all. End of GK Turn is something no one can plan for, since it comes randomly at enemy will, so can hit during any critical moment in any plan.
3) Parson did not order Inferno. Sylvia did that without orders, and perhaps with subtle manipulation by Thinkamancy (Dish).
4) Parson never put himself in charge, and didn't want command, specifically so that a higher bonus Warlord already in Jetstone would give them a better chance.
5) Wanda was not to step into the MK. Jack was not to step back into Jetstone.
6) Parson had no plan. He had very little knowledge of the status of the place when he stepped through the portal, and so could only react.
You are faulting Parson for having to deal with significant unpredictable enemy action, He has overcome many incredible problems, including insubordination (Sylvia, Jack, Wanda), unforeseeable dangers (Link, Inferno), and surprise turns of events (becoming CW, Portal depopping right in behind him, comms shutdown to Stanley). I seriously do not understand the metric whereby you're judging a man that was handed a pig-in-a-poke and has not only won, but found the path to total victory. It's not Parson's fault Stanley lacks strategic thinking.
But one thing is pretty certain. Maggie will solve the comms issue. The GMTTA are standing right beside her. Can Charlie stand up to a Tri-mancer Thinkamancer Link? The Dish beats any one Thinkamancer, but I doubt it beats three.