Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby Cnor » Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 am

Can one use an attack (or some other method) to attempt to interrupt another action?
Cnor

Postby LTDave » Mon May 06, 2013 2:05 am

Are you planning on attacking a friendly lumberer ?

If so,let battle commence!
LTDave

Postby Cnor » Mon May 06, 2013 2:39 am

Not really. I'll need the wood too, after all... I was she'd go after thinking George, to stop him taking all the mushrooms.
Cnor

Postby MarbitChow » Mon May 06, 2013 8:09 am

Yes, you can attack other players. Each player gets 4 actions, and all of the actions occur at roughly the same time. When it matters, I roll initiative to see who goes first. The actual mechanics of combat will not be revealed - only the results.

All players can choose to declare that they will flee if attacked. The attacker gets 3 rounds of attacks on them (or 1 if there's a road), and then the defender escapes. The attacker can choose to follow, but if they do so, they're spending their actions on moving instead of attacking, so the defender ends up in better shape. Fleeing ALWAYS takes you towards the Summoning Stone. You can't flee forward, unless you're in the Summoning Stone zone.

If you declare 4 attack actions on George, one of three sequences will occur:
  • George wins the initiative, picks 2 mushrooms. You go next, and get a free swing on George. George fights back for the next 3 rounds
  • You win the initiative, and attack George. George spends all 4 actions fighting back.
  • WhirdCheese, seeing that you're going to attack, declares that he will flee if attacked. You get 3 free swings, and George escapes, possibly with 2 mushrooms.
------

I will point out that, based on the size of the mushrooms (they're as big as trees), it is likely that there's enough food for everyone for a few turns, at least. Also, harvested food decays after a full turn unless stored in a Granary, and food in a Granary automatically becomes communal, so George can't easily starve the rest of the players without ultimately starving himself as well - he'll only have 1 turn more than the rest after the food runs out.
MarbitChow

Postby Cnor » Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 am

Katara will gather one mushroom, use her free action to eat it, then head to the next zone, then...

(Misread somewhere and thought George was stealing all the food, hence why I'm no longer attacking.)
Cnor

Postby MarbitChow » Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Just waiting for Werebiscuit now. If he doesn't respond by tomorrow night, he'll pick a mushroom (1 action) and spend 3 actions gathering stone.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 07, 2013 5:01 am

Sorry Guys,
Hyde will take exactly the same actions as Dod
Spending 3 actions to gather 2 (communal) stone and one to gather food (communal). During the free eat action he can I believe forage to feed himself ? Correct ?
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 am

A new zone is revealed, populated by sparse trees and (mostly?) harmless-looking pigs. Leathery, bacony pigs.

Map:

Turn Actions:
Spoiler: show
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Gather food (1 action), move South (3 actions), (free) eat
WhirdCheese (George) : Gather food (3 actions), eat, (free) eat
turbler (Jordan) : Gather wood (2 actions), Gather food (2 actions), (free) eat
LTDave (Eric) : Gather wood (4 actions), (free) eat
0beron (Arthemys) : Gather food (1 action), Gather stone (3 actions), (free) eat
Swodaems (Dod) : Gather stone (3 actions), declare stone Communal, Gather food (1 action), (free) eat
Cnor (Katara) : Gather food (1 action), move South (3 actions), (free) eat
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Gather stone (3 actions), declare stone Communal, Gather food (1 action), (free) eat

Results:
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Forage Succeeds! Texas gains 2 Hits, keeps his mushroom. Texas reveals a new zone! Texas feels like he's getting better at being a Scout (1 zone revealed)
WhirdCheese (George) : George gains 4 Hits, 3 mushrooms. 1 Additional mushroom is communal. George feels like he's getting better at being a Farmer (6 food gathered)
turbler (Jordan) : Jordan gains 2 Hits, 2 wood, 1 mushroom. Jordan feels like he's getting better at being a Forester (2 wood gathered)
LTDave (Eric) : Eric gains 2 Hits, 4 wood, having eaten the communal mushroom. Eric feels like he's getting better at being a Forester (4 wood gathered)
0beron (Arthemys) : Forage Succeeds! Arthemys gains 2 Hits, 1 stone, 1 mushroom
Swodaems (Dod) : Dod gains 2 Hits, 2 communal stone. Dod feels like he's getting better at being a Miner (2 stone gathered)
Cnor (Katara) : Katara gains 2 Hits, new wardrobe. Katara reveals a new zone!
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Forage Fails! Hyde gains 2 Hits, 2 communal stone. Hyde feels like he's getting better at being a Miner (2 stone gathered)
1 Mushroom is Entirely Consumed!

Players
WhirdCheese : "George" the Leatherworker / Farmer [Craft Leather, Gather Food] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
0beron : "Arthemy" the Mystic / Scout [Calm, Forage] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 8 of 10
LTDave : "Eric" the Hunter / Forester [+1 Off/+1 Def, Gather Wood] Offense 6 / Defense 6 / Hits 8 of 10
ETheBoyce : "Texas" the Warrior / Scout [+2 Off/+2 Def, Forage] Offense 7 / Defense 7 / Hits 8 of 10
Werebiscuit : "Hyde Goseek" the Scout/Miner [Forage, Gather Stone Block] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 8 of 10
Swodaems : "Dod" the Miner / Stonemason [Gather Stone Block, Fast Construction (simple)] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 8 of 10
Cnor: "Katara" the Mystic / Hunter [Calm, +1 Off/+1 Def] Offense 6 / Defense 6 / Hits 8 of 10
turbler: "Jordan" the Leatherworker/Forester [Craft Leather, Gather Wood] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 8 of 10

Zones:
Last edited by MarbitChow on Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 07, 2013 9:55 am

Righto gents....
we have enough wood for our first structure (assuming we declare the 3 held pieces communal), and possibly enough stone depending on the structure.
I would propose we build a stonemason workshop first on account of the fact that almost everybody was able to feed themselves and although we have food leftover (which will go to waste, presumably before we build a granary) the stonemasons workshop will help build the granary and subsequent structures. I will happily risk going hungry at this point to keep up stone production and allow Dod to build the workshop, granary and what else we deem necessary.
A quarry is unobtainable right now as we have no adjacent stone...we need to wait till either Dod or myself gets stonecaller

It will take me 3 (solo) turns to produce enough stone for a granary but at this point we don't know how many turns it will take to bulid our first structure. I suggest our farmer concentrates on keeping some of us fed while we use up actions to help Dod erect the workshop and then granary ( we know one turn will produce enough wood for it).
I would advise against everyone feeding themselves as we've already wasted 6 food this turn (or 2 if everyone holding a mushroom can eat before it goes to waste)
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 am

MarbitChow wrote:Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Forage Fails! Hyde gains 2 Hits, 2 communal stone. Dod feels like he's getting better at being a Miner (2 stone gathered)
1 Mushroom is Entirely Consumed!

Wow ! I made Swodaems a better miner ? ....better watch that cut & paste Marbit ;)

ps Marbit.. If Hyde spends all 4 actions Mining and someone else spends 1 action mining do we produce 3 stone or have both myself and another non-miner wasted an action and only produced 2 stone ?
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 am

Werebiscuit wrote:ps Marbit.. If Hyde spends all 4 actions Mining and someone else spends 1 action mining do we produce 3 stone or have both myself and another non-miner wasted an action and only produced 2 stone ?
You'll produce 3 stone. Items produced by multiple people working on them immediately become communal, the other 2 are 'yours' until released / stored.
MarbitChow

Postby 0beron » Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 am

Arthemy's held Stone is Communal.
I'll decide on my actual actions once we have an agreement about structure(s).

EDIT: I'm thinking the stonemason makes sense, followed by a granary. Once we have a granary, we can easily fill it by having us two Mystics go into the next zone and Calm some pigs for slaughter.
Last edited by 0beron on Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

MarbitChow wrote:You'll produce 3 stone. Items produced by multiple people working on them immediately become communal, the other 2 are 'yours' until released / stored.
Also, if you start working on something, all your actions get applied first before someone else's, so if you're able to complete the action on your own, someone can't just offer to help in order to force the item to be communal. If you want to grief another player, just attack them directly. :D

At some point in the future, I'll create a reference page for this game so that all rules & rulings will be in a single location, plus links to each turn's results. Probably after we pass the 5-page mark, I'm guessing.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 am

0beron wrote:Arthemy's held Stone is Communal.
I'll decide on my actual actions once we have an agreement about structure(s).

Thanks 0beron.
I'm going to gamble that we have some community minded players in the group and declare that Hyde will spend all 4 actions this coming turn to gather stone (producing 2+ communal stone)
Swod can then build the workshop using his 4 actions if 2 others help him ( needs 10 actions from this quote).
MarbitChow wrote:. In order to build a structure, it takes 1 action per resource required.

He will then be able to build the granary unassisted using the workshops free actions in the following turn (assuming we can produce another 3 stone and 6 wood in the turn)
Werebiscuit

Postby Swodaems » Tue May 07, 2013 11:39 am

Oh crap, resource nodes are finite. The new zone looks like a good place to build a tannery and a lumber mill. However, unless we get stonecaller soon, transporting the 11 stone required for those 2 buildings from this this zone to the next will be relatively expensive in terms of actions. We might want to consider a road.

Werebiscuit, I think the granary should be a higher priority for us than the mason workshop. (We would need 1 more communal stone to do it, as well as someone spending 2 actions to help build.)

Also, I don't think any of the wood, held or not, is declared communal at the moment. LtDave, turbler, would the two of you be so kind as to declare your wood communal?

MarbitChow, I could use some clarifications.

Do the resources required for building a structure have to be gathered a turn before the final action completes or can a stone be used the same turn it is gathered?

MarbitChow wrote:Road - Allows Crossing between zones with a single action. Players must completely control both zones during the entire construction attempt; 20 of the Actions must be spent in each zone.
    n/a, 15 Stone, 10 Wood, Unlimited Users

I've doubled the resource collection rate and halved the resource costs for structures, so that they can be built in a reasonable amount of time. In order to build a structure, it takes 1 action per resource required
The rule that 20 of the actions spent building a road must be spent in each zone seems to be a legacy from before the 1 action per resource change. Wouldn't 10 in each zone be more reasonable?

And am I correct in assuming that the free actions produced by a mason's workshop can only be used on structures being built in the same zone?
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 07, 2013 11:46 am

Swodaems wrote:Werebiscuit, I think the granary should be a higher priority for us than the mason workshop. (We would need 1 more communal stone to do it, as well as someone spending 2 actions to help build.)

I disagree because we can get a granary the following turn for less actions if we build a mason workshop now. It takes more actions (and thus more people) the other way around. we've already lost one food. Assuming our farmer is willing to feed us both or you're willing to risk going hungry too by turn 3 we can have both. With Lumberjacks goodwill.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 am

Swodaems wrote:Do the resources required for building a structure have to be gathered a turn before the final action completes or can a stone be used the same turn it is gathered?
Resources can be used the same turn. You can delay all your build actions until all Gather actions have completed, although if a player forgets to declare the item to be communal, it won't be available. Players cannot declare that all items they gather are automatically communal. They must explicitly declare it on each turn that they gather resources. Note that you can normally only carry 2 items; all items left behind if you leave the zone automatically become communal.

Swodaems wrote:Wouldn't 10 in each zone be more reasonable?
Since it now requires 25 resources instead of 40, 12 must be in each zone. The odd last action can be from either zone.

Swodaems wrote:And am I correct in assuming that the free actions produced by a mason's workshop can only be used on structures being built in the same zone?
Yes, that's correct.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 07, 2013 11:57 am

MarbitChow wrote:Players may carry 2 items, 2 food, or 1 resource. Certain items may increase these limits!

Swodaems. Now I don't know that they can own resources that they can't carry but you may be right that none of the wood is communal. I WAS assuming the items on the ground are communal and the mushroom on the ground WILL spoil. I may be wrong.
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:Swodaems. Now I don't know that they can own resources that they can't carry but you may be right that none of the wood is communal. I WAS assuming the items on the ground are communal and the mushroom on the ground WILL spoil. I may be wrong.
Players CAN own items that they can't carry - they remain 'owned' until the player releases them, or they leave the zone. Items on a player's 'base' are NOT communal - they still belong to that player. Items that are on the ground are communal. 0beron has declared his stone communal, but none of the wood currently is.

Also, I'm going to bump the number of resources players can carry to 2. It's just easier to keep track of.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue May 07, 2013 12:42 pm

Texas continues his bold and dynamic actions Spending 1 action to attack a pig and the other 3 to move South East
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games