Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby LTDave » Tue May 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Swodaems wrote:LtDave, turbler, would the two of you be so kind as to declare your wood communal?

ALL MY WOOD IS COMMUNAL.

ahem.

Eric spends four actions gathering lumber, despoiling the forest still more.
(maybe I'll unlock the feat of planting trees?)

As he cuts, he sings:

"Working for the Greater Good,
Working for the team.
Working for the mushroom Food,
Singing words that should, but ultimately do not, rheme."
LTDave

Postby Cnor » Tue May 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Katara will spend an action to use Calm on Texas in an attempt to stop him from pointlessly slaughtering a potential resource, then move back into the starting zone to help with construction and such.
Cnor

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 4:23 pm

LTDave wrote:ALL MY WOOD IS COMMUNAL. Eric spends four actions gathering lumber, despoiling the forest still more.
This will apply to all the wood you gathered last turn, as well as this turn. Remember that you'll need to declare this again next turn.

Cnor wrote:Katara will spend an action to use Calm on Texas in an attempt to stop him from pointlessly slaughtering a potential resource, then move back into the starting zone to help with construction and such.
Unless Texas alters his orders, the results of this will be determined by initiative. If you go first, Texas will be calmed. If he goes first, he'll get the attack off before you calm him. Do you want to declare an action in case you do not win initiative?
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Cnor » Tue May 07, 2013 4:27 pm

If the pig is killed in one hit: Head over and use my free action to eat some bacon, then go back.

If not: Try to Calm Texas again until I've used two more actions, unless it works before then, then try to Calm the pig with whatever I have left. I'll also gather wood if they're both calm and I still have the actions.
Cnor

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue May 07, 2013 5:58 pm

If Katara is successful in Calming Texas before he attacks, he will Gather Wood for an Action and then Move South East
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 6:39 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:If Katara is successful in Calming Texas before he attacks, he will Gather Wood for an Action and then Move South East
Gathering wood requires 2 actions in order to get a resource.

New Rule: You can 'roll-over' 1 action to the next turn if you wish to. You can only have 1 action total banked in this way, but this would allow you to move into a new zone and have 5 actions on the following turn.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby turbler » Tue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

I'll spend all my actions Gathering Wood, and eat some of the mushroom I appear to be holding.
Also, all the wood I have/am gathering is communal.
turbler

Postby 0beron » Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Since I believe we now have the communal resources required, I volunteer my actions to assist Building. My vote is Mason Workshop, since it's the most efficient. Let me know if all 4 of my actions will be needed or not. Assuming they are, I shall Forage/Eat with my free action.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 07, 2013 8:17 pm

turbler wrote:I'll spend all my actions Gathering Wood, and eat some of the mushroom I appear to be holding.
You may have missed it when I modified the resource and build costs. Your 2 actions to gather food gave you 2 mushrooms, one of which you ate last turn.
MarbitChow

Postby ETheBoyce » Tue May 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Then I will bank said action, assuming I don't get to pig slicing
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Swodaems » Tue May 07, 2013 10:15 pm

0beron wrote:Since I believe we now have the communal resources required, I volunteer my actions to assist Building. My vote is Mason Workshop, since it's the most efficient. Let me know if all 4 of my actions will be needed or not. Assuming they are, I shall Forage/Eat with my free action.

Alright, Mason's workshop it is. 0beron, Dod can cover 8 out of 10 of the build actions required. Please do the other 2.

Dod puts all 4 of his actions into building a mason's workshop in the lower right corner.
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Tue May 07, 2013 10:34 pm

I strongly urge that we refer to it from now on as "The Stonecutter's Lodge".

"Who makes Steve Gutenberg a Star? We do!"
LTDave

Postby 0beron » Tue May 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Well that's an awkward number, what am I supposed to do with just two? *sigh*

Arthemy will spend 2 actions to assist in Building, and the other 2 to Gather Wood (which shall also be Communal). And end with using his freebie Eat to either Forage or eat his remaining mushroom.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed May 08, 2013 3:40 am

If anyone in the original square has a last "spare" action they're wondering what to do with, that action will help Hyde gather 3 stone instead of just 2 as he's already spent the actions to get 2.66 stone your action will give him the extra 0.34 to make it 3 stone. cheers.

Hyde puts all 4 of his actions into gathering Communal stone

He hopes someone will be kind enough to provide lunch for all his hard work.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Wed May 08, 2013 6:42 am

LTDave wrote:Eric spends four actions gathering lumber, despoiling the forest still more.

Eric will spend 3 actions gathering lumber, and one gathering stone as an aid to Hyde.
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed May 08, 2013 7:13 am

At the end of our 2nd turn we should have 9 wood and 3 stone but we may have to be careful with the food for a turn until Dod can get the granary built as we risk spoiling the the unheld piece already ( if we haven't done so by now).
We need the unheld piece to be eaten before it spoils ( probably by george) and 4 other held pieces to be declared communal so that Arthemy, Jordan, Dod Eric & Hyde can eat as they are depending on free eating actions. Texas and Katara will have to feed themselves as they are elsewhere
I also plan on gathering communal stone with all 4 of my actions for turn 3 meaning between us all we need but one gather stone action to have a granary so long as Dod builds after I (and another like-minded player) gather.
Werebiscuit

Postby Cnor » Wed May 08, 2013 7:44 am

Theoretically, at least, I could get back. Depends on how if I can calm Texas on the first try or not. Not that there's any way to tell, so... Probably best not to plan for it, but still.
Cnor

Postby MarbitChow » Wed May 08, 2013 8:02 am

So, declared actions currently:

LTDave (Eric) : All wood is communal; 4 actions to gather wood
turbler (Jordan) : 4 actions Gather wood
Swodaems (Dod) : Dod puts all 4 of his actions into building a mason's workshop in the lower right corner
0beron (Arthemy) : 2 actions building Mason's Workshop, 2 actions Gather Wood - all wood is communal
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : 4 of his actions into gathering Communal stone

If Katara wins initiative:
Cnor (Katara) : Calm Texas, move North (3 actions)
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Move SE (3 actions), Bank 1 Action

If Texas wins initiative:
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Attack Pig, Move SE
Cnor (Katara) : Calm Pig (if alive) / Gather Food (if not), move North (3 actions)

WhirdCheese : pending

Let me know if any corrections are required.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed May 08, 2013 8:09 am

Cnor wrote:Theoretically, at least, I could get back. Depends on how if I can calm Texas on the first try or not. Not that there's any way to tell, so... Probably best not to plan for it, but still.

Heh... I'll plan on trying to feed you when I know you're back with us ;) ... by which time we'll either be building the granary or have it built.
I expect scouts to be able to fend for themselves as I'm going to have to do when Hyde eventually goes scouting. Until that time there's plenty to do here to get a base established. The scouts have already proved their worth in finding us leather and bacon so I'm not about to begrudge one a shot at taking his share. (I also appreciate you trying to stop his attempt as it gives us more info) He'll go hungry enough when he has to forage in a land with only wood & stone or gems to eat...well one time out of 3 he'will, anyway :twisted:
Werebiscuit

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 am

MarbitChow wrote:So, declared actions currently:

LTDave (Eric) : All wood is communal; 4 actions to gather wood
turbler (Jordan) : 4 actions Gather wood
Swodaems (Dod) : Dod puts all 4 of his actions into building a mason's workshop in the lower right corner
0beron (Arthemy) : 2 actions building Mason's Workshop, 2 actions Gather Wood - all wood is communal
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : 4 of his actions into gathering Communal stone

If Katara wins initiative:
Cnor (Katara) : Calm Texas, move North (3 actions)
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Move SE (3 actions), Bank 1 Action

If Texas wins initiative:
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Attack Pig, Move SE
Cnor (Katara) : Calm Pig (if alive) / Gather Food (if not), move North (3 actions)

WhirdCheese : pending

Let me know if any corrections are required.

I think you'll find LTDave changed his actions to gather 3 wood & help gather stone

LTDave wrote:
LTDave wrote:Eric spends four actions gathering lumber, despoiling the forest still more.

Eric will spend 3 actions gathering lumber, and one gathering stone as an aid to Hyde.
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games