Equilateratoria

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Equilateratoria

Postby 0beron » Sat May 11, 2013 12:59 pm

MarbitChow wrote:The Summoning Stone doesn't recreate you when you die. It summons you home when you become incapacitated. -9 Hits is perma-death.

So, does it summon us back as soon as we take damage to put us at or below 0? Or does it wait until the end of turn, meaning we could still potentially be attacked more and killed?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 11, 2013 1:13 pm

End of the turn, which means that if you didn't already eat when you're knocked out, you're guaranteed to lose another 3 Hits before anyone can react, since you arrive hungry.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Swodaems » Sat May 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Oh yay, another building for me to make. We should probably make ourselves some weapons and a cart to haul stone from zone to zone.

Despite the potental use of the new building in building the weapons and cart, I'm still in favor of using this turn to build a shrine, a target range, and a training dummy. With the .67 stone already mined and Hyde's 4 mining actions and one from Dod, we'll get the 4 stone required for all 3 buildings. Dod can build them using his other 3 actions and the mason's workshop. The sooner we level our fighters, the better.

(Note 1: if George spends at least 2 actions gathering food and Hyde mines at least once more, we'll probably unlock a couple new things after this turn.)

(Note 2: my planned position for the shrine would be directly below the summoning stone. The target range would between both the shrine and the south edge of the starting zone with one space seperating it from both the mason's workshop and the left side of the zone. The training dummy would be placed along the right side of the zone, with one space seperating it from both the mason's workshop and the granary.
Reasoning for this formation: leaves room for both the granary and the mason's workshop to grow into 3x3 structures when we can.
a 2x2 structure could be placed between the training dummy and the summoning stone.
The space between the left edge and the target range would be good for nodes summoned by stonecaller. We just keep reusing the same space over and over. The quarry could be built above it and potentially expanded to 3x3.)
Swodaems

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat May 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Swodaems wrote:The space between the left edge and the target range would be good for nodes summoned by stonecaller. We just keep reusing the same space over and over. The quarry could be built above it and potentially expanded to 3x3.)

I'm hoping that the stonecaller skill is not a probability based skill as Hyde's attempts at foraging have been so woeful that I was beginning to think I'd named him "Hyde Forage failed". :roll:
However, i don't think we can let my insecurities determine the positioning of structures, so I'm happy to go with Swodaems recommendations. I'm not certain we can depend on reusing the same space indefinitely, though, so I'm hoping there's some redundancy built in there Swod.
Other than that I'm ok with keeping up stone production
Werebiscuit

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Stonecaller (as well as any other skill that creates new nodes) is not random. Components are required, but success is guaranteed.
Equilateratoria is now underway. New players are welcome to join at any time! (Rules)
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Sat May 11, 2013 4:36 pm

MarbitChow wrote:Stonecaller (as well as any other skill that creates new nodes) is not random. Components are required, but success is guaranteed.

Phew...that's a weight off my mind :D
Werebiscuit

Postby ETheBoyce » Sat May 11, 2013 5:23 pm

FEED ME SEYMOUR!
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 11, 2013 5:39 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:FEED ME SEYMOUR!
Quiet, you.
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Sat May 11, 2013 6:53 pm

George gathers thrice and force feeds Texas twice.
WhirdCheese

Postby MarbitChow » Sat May 11, 2013 6:59 pm

WhirdCheese wrote:George gathers thrice and force feeds Texas twice.
Note that your free eat is only for yourself. You've declared 5 actions here.
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun May 12, 2013 12:52 am

MarbitChow wrote:WhirdCheese (George) : Gather food (3 actions), bank 1 action, (free) eat

I assumed the bank meant I had 5 actions this turn. One food gathering three food to texas this turn if I only have 4 actions.
WhirdCheese

Postby ETheBoyce » Sun May 12, 2013 12:53 am

Now I just need 1 more force feed to not fall back into dieing!
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Sun May 12, 2013 5:24 am

Time to gather some food in what I like to call "The Piggy Angle"

If, then...

IF Kat does not recieve orders, Kat will attack a pig until it is ded, and BANK any additional actions.
THEN Eric will gather wood for four actions.

IF Kat does recieve orders, and they don't involve killing pigs for food, then Eric will HUNT PIGS with all four actions, and eat for free.

Next turn I'll head south to "scope out" the Triangle Man.
LTDave

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 12, 2013 7:39 am

WhirdCheese wrote:I assumed the bank meant I had 5 actions this turn. One food gathering three food to texas this turn if I only have 4 actions.
You're right. I'd forgotten you'd banked.

LTDave wrote:IF Kat does not recieve orders, Kat will attack a pig until it is ded, and BANK any additional actions. THEN Eric will gather wood for four actions.
IF Kat does recieve orders, and they don't involve killing pigs for food, then Eric will HUNT PIGS with all four actions, and eat for free.
Two points:
1) You can only have banked 1 action. If you do nothing on a turn, 3 actions are lost. If you do nothing on a turn when you have 1 banked action, you lose all 4 of your normal actions.
2) The zone you're in has a Calmed pig (the glowing one). You can automatically butcher that pig with a single action - he won't resist. You can still choose to attack that or a different pig, of course, but you don't gain combat XP for attacking animals. You really only learn from using the Training structures (Dummy / Shrine / Range) or fighting NPCs.

Might as well get these out of the way as well:

Calmed/paralyzed animals remain so until the end of the next turn. PCs and NPCs remain calmed / paralyzed until the end of the same turn.
Calmed (or paralyzed) players and hostile NPCs can spend an action to try to break the calm/paralysis with a 50% chance for success.
MarbitChow

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun May 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Just to formalize it. Hyde will use all 4 actions to gather communal stone this turn. If he can he will attempt to use forage during his free eat otherwise he will live off the granary. Thinking about it, I really shouldn't be surprised he has failed to find food in what is basically a rockpile, so far. :lol:

Sorry Texas, Dod and I got a job to do. You'll have to depend on George or Jordan. :(
Werebiscuit

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun May 12, 2013 3:43 pm

ETheBoyce wrote:Now I just need 1 more force feed to not fall back into dieing!

Nope. You were fed this turn so you'll end at 0
WhirdCheese

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 12, 2013 10:58 pm

So, summary of declared actions so far:

Declared actions:
ETheBoyce (Texas) : incapacitated - no actions
0beron (Arthemy) : Move SE (3 actions), calm target (Bone-armored Triangle man if present, pig if not) (1 action)
WhirdCheese (George) : Gather food (3 actions), feed Texas (2 actions), (free) eat - This will leave Texas at -1, and he will still be incapacitated next turn. Texas must have at least 1 Hit before he can start regaining actions.
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Gather stone (4 actions), (free) forage/eat
Swodaems (Dod) : Gather stone (1 action), uses Mason's Workshop (+2 build actions), builds shrine/target range/training dummy (5 actions), (free) eat

Default actions:
turbler (Jordan) : Gather wood (4 actions), (free) eat
(note that both gathering wood and crafting wood items improves Forester, and you can craft wooden items twice as fast as others; you may also want to help revive Texas...)

Pending Actions
Cnor (Katara) / LTDave (Eric) - Please confirm your actions, or what you'd like to accomplish. Charmed pigs can be butchered with a single action. Fighting pigs does not earn XP. If you want to kill more than 1 pig, let me know how many you'd like to kill - 'as many as possible' is a valid response.

Let me know if you want to make any changes or corrections.
MarbitChow

Postby LTDave » Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 am

Eric will use one action to butcher the calm pig, then eat for free, and use all remaining actions gathering wood.

Kat (unless ordered by Cnor) will eat of the butchered pig, and then spend four actions gathering wood.
LTDave

Postby turbler » Mon May 13, 2013 5:48 am

I'll build a Wooden Spear [1 Action] and Wooden Staff [1 Action] (Perhaps training will go better when performed with tools?)
Last [2 Actions] to help Texas. (or 1 and store 1, if he only needs 1)
turbler

Postby MarbitChow » Mon May 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Notes:
Leveling occurs at the end of the turn. Bonuses gained that turn apply to actions on the next turn.
When Ore or Gems are indicated, player can choose to mine ore/gem or stone.
Mining an ore consumes 3 resources (9 actions); Mining a gem consumes 4 resources (12 actions).

Map:

Turn Actions:
Spoiler: show
WhirdCheese (George) : Gather food (3 actions), feed Texas (2 actions), (free) eat
0beron (Arthemy) : Move SE (3 actions), calm target (Bone-armored Triangle man if present, pig if not) (1 action), (free) forage/eat
LTDave (Eric) : (free) eat, Butcher pig (1 action), Gather wood (3 action)
ETheBoyce (Texas) : incapacitated - no actions
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Gather stone (4 actions), (free) forage/eat
Swodaems (Dod) : Gather stone (1 action), uses Mason's Workshop (+2 build actions), builds builds shrine/target range/training dummy (5 actions), (free) eat
Cnor (Katara) : (free) eat, Gather wood (4 actions)
turbler (Jordan) : Craft wooden spear (1 action), Craft wooden staff, feed Texas (2 actions) (1, (free) eat

Results:
Non-Combat
WhirdCheese (George) : George gains 6 Food. George feels like he's getting better at being a Farmer (13 food-gathering actions) DING! He has!
George gains Farmer Level 2.
George gains Enhanced Farming : For every 2 Food gathered, 1 additional free food is acquired. The free food does not consume a resource. Butchered animals also provide more food.
George gains 1 Free Gather food action each turn

0beron (Arthemy) : Forage Succeeds! Arthemy calms a pig. Arthemy feels like he's getting better at being a Mystic (1 creature calming actions)
LTDave (Eric) : Eric Butchers a pig. Eric gains 3 wood, 5 Bacon, 1 Animal Skin, 2 Bones. Eric feels like he's getting better at being a Forester (7 wood-gathering actions)
ETheBoyce (Texas) : Texas gains 4 Hits. Texas wakes up. (1 of 10)
Werebiscuit (Hyde) : Forage Succeeds! Hyde gains 2.67 stone. Hyde feels like he's getting better at being a Miner (15 stone-gathering actions) DING! He has!
Hyde gains Miner Level 2.
Hyde gains Enhanced Mining : For every 2 stone gathered, 1 additional free stone is acquired. The free stone does not consume a resource.
Hyde gains Sense Ore : Stone formations that contain ore are now visible

Swodaems (Dod) : Dod gains 0.67 stone, consumes 6 stone, 4 wood towards Granary. Dod feels like he's getting better at being a Stonemason (10 build actions)
Cnor (Katara): Katara gains 2 wood
turbler (Jordan) : Jordan gains 1 wooden spear (+3 Offense), 1 wooden staff (+3 Offense) Jordan feels like he's getting better at being a Forester (2 craft wooden item actions)

1 Stone Resource is consumed!

Communal Resources (home zone):
Wood : 10 (existing) - 7 (craft/build) = 3 remaining
Stone : 0.67 (existing) + 3.33 (new) - 4 (build) = 0 remaining
Food (mushroom) : 8 (existing) + 6 (new) - 6 (eaten) = 8 remaining (in granary)

Communal Resources (pig zone):
Wood : 5 remaining
Food (bacon) : 5 (new) - 2 (eaten) = 3 remaining
Animal Skin : 1 remaining
Bone : 2 remaining

Arthemy moves South SE

Players
WhirdCheese : "George" the Leatherworker / Farmer 2 [Craft Leather, Gather Food, NEW Enhanced Farming, NEW +1 Gather Food Action] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
0beron : "Arthemy" the Mystic / Scout [Calm, Forage] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
LTDave : "Eric" the Hunter / Forester [+1 Off/+1 Def, Gather Wood] Offense 6 / Defense 6 / Hits 10 of 10
ETheBoyce : "Texas" the Warrior / Scout [+2 Off/+2 Def, Forage] Offense 7 / Defense 7 / Hits 1 of 10
Werebiscuit : "Hyde Goseek" the Scout / Miner 2 [Forage, Gather Stone Block, NEW Enhanced Mining , NEW Sense Ore] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
Swodaems : "Dod" the Miner / Stonemason [Gather Stone Block, Fast Construction (simple)] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10
Cnor: "Katara" the Mystic / Hunter [Calm, +1 Off/+1 Def] Offense 6 / Defense 6 / Hits 10 of 10
turbler: "Jordan" the Leatherworker/Forester 2 [Craft Leather, Gather Wood, Craft Wood Items/Weapons] Offense 5 / Defense 5 / Hits 10 of 10

Zones:

As always, let me know if any corrections are required.

(Bag icon originated from http://www.unlok.ca/wayward/, which I recommend checking out.)
Last edited by MarbitChow on Mon May 13, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarbitChow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games