bladestorm wrote:Several additional factors
1) Jack is not dead
As I said.
2) Jack is somehow immune to the inferno that is steadily croaking more and more units
Neither is Parson dead. Inferno is not instantaneous. No additional factor added.
3) Jack is within visual and hearing distance so that he can know exactly when Parson is touching the scroll and asking for the calculation
Jack's corpse is demonstrably in the same room. No additional factor added.
4) Jack knows what the scroll will do
Sizemore identified the spell type by sight, not content, and called it "bad news." Jack can do the same. No additional info added.
5) It is only Parson's perception of the bracer's numbers that have changed, not the Numbers themselves
Changes to the senses are Foolamancy.
Change the numbers themselves would be something else. Wierdomancy, maybe? It changes things, so maybe.
Anyway, point is, it is not additional info. We know the numbers changed. It is not additional info to solve the problem with one of the known available options that can do so,
6) Either Jack can fool Stanley's Ruler senses, or GK lost some other caster
True. Forgot he listed that. Add 1. I'm now at 2.
7) Jack was lying about being out of juice.
Known liar. (Foolamancer, remember? They lie to your senses just for fun!) Not additional info.
8) Occam's razor also indicates that if you shave away the additional factors (thus the razor part), the hypothesis still holds.
That's not even possible. The whole point to Occam's Razor is that it limits additional elements required to solve the question. Once you're at the minimum, shaving away more leaves you with insufficient information to solve the problem. The Razor shaves away added elements, until you reach the minimum necessary to answer the question.
9) We just completely ignore the huge amount of work about Fate, Predictamancy, and Numbers lining up, where Fate will adjust Numbers.
Have you not noticed that the view of the world of each type of caster is inconsistent with the other casters? And did you overlook that Sizemore is not able to make Master-class because he hasn't had a breakthrough on his understanding yet?
The descriptions of how their schools work are not definitive about the universe, the way science is. It's only how their minds perceive the universe to create their effects.
And they can be wrong
. Science is, right now, wrong about everything. And we know it.
I'll continue with the example of Science. The ancient Greek taught that the world was surrounded by crystal spheres. For over 2000 years, this was the prevailing opinion of Western Physics. They were, of course, wrong.
Newton demonstrated that planets did not move in circles. Our Universe became Newtonian -- causal and predictable. For a moving body, E = mvv/2. We solved it! We're done!
Along comes Einstein and Relativity. Newton is wrong. E = mcc(1-1/(1-vv/cc)).
And now, we look for the next step, because Einstein is wrong. We look a branes and Dark Matter, Dark Energy and quantum mechanics.
Point is, just because some caster spouts his theory of how the world works, that doesn't mean that's how the world works: it's not necessarily even how the world works for other schools of Casters. We can't even tell if it's true for anyone except that lone individual that is speaking, because we know that perception of how the world works evolves at the Master-class achievement.
So, no, I'm not ignoring it. I'm discounting it as non-factual and inconsistent. All your work is, to me, completely useless, since it can be inconsistent.
. It doesn't have to be consistent.