Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Fri May 24, 2013 1:55 am

Machina ex noobo?

"and how is a doombat going to carry a gem that size? We're into the realm of sparrows and coconuts now."
LTDave

Postby Lipkin » Fri May 24, 2013 3:06 am

The caster gave Jax a look of disdain.

"Slowly."

Toothry took the gem and, producing a piece of parchment from his cape, wrapped the gem up so it was easier to grip. He placed it between Victor the Doombat's claws, who began to furiously flap his wings, attempting to get air born.

"Even with the penalty to his move for over-encumberment, he should still be able to get far enough to serve our purpose.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri May 24, 2013 4:35 am

Adreena raises a questioning brow " Who get paid for taking a gem ? The gem itself was payment. A retainer for a future job should we survive this one. He's a crafty one that D'Step...if indeed it was he. He called himself Sy. "

" I should have been suspicious sooner but it was only your mention of Acrobats that sparked it or the gem would have been lost at sea during last turn "

" Mayhap the Transylvito's plan will work and D'Step will think we only stopped to orient ourselves but I would not bet on it. If I were him I'd search the area of last contact to the known move capabilities of the vessel. " She nods an acknowledgement to Stephanie . " So I hope we're at least another days journey from our mission. And I hope you're prepared for a raid here...or at least to cost him a scouting party. "

OOC Nice one Lipkin !........... ;) Join and immediately railroad the GM :lol: /OOC

[EDIT] OOC again.... Can we get Toothr'y stats, possession and spells so we know what we're working with :mrgreen: /OOC
Last edited by Werebiscuit on Fri May 24, 2013 4:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Fri May 24, 2013 4:40 am

"Yes, Sy D'Step, the acrobat Count."

"I fear the parchment may get wet and the gem fall near by."

"Do what you want with it, but I want it a long way from here."
LTDave

Postby Lipkin » Fri May 24, 2013 5:21 am

"Former Transylvito. And at the very least, we separate ourselves from the gem. should the parchment get wet, and the gem slip free, it will at least happen on alternate path to that of our own. The gem is already here. This island is either discovered or it isn't, and whatever we do will not change that. However, if we were to toss it over the side as we travel, they will have knowledge of our direction. If we give it to Victor, he can lead a false path. Additionally, he can warn of us being followed as long as I am within 20 hexes of him. "

ooc/ Wasn't trying to break rules. New to play by posts and rping in general. Also, never said Victor managed to take flight, so if LT was against it, the gem could indeed be too heavy, and then Toothry gets the character trait of being overly confident, which makes sense with his backstory. Also, didn't know the gem was supposed to be large. It's size wasn't described, only it's value. I thought it was maybe the size of a strawberry, but I guess it was quite a bit larger. Woops.
Lipkin

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri May 24, 2013 5:38 am

OOC Don't sweat it . I was ragging on you a bit as the newcomer :twisted: not trying to suggest you broke any rules. ;) Think of it as an initiation.... as my sort of welcome to the group :P /OOC

" Aye I'd go with that plan, if we can spare 5 hexes move on Stephanie tomorrow. Have her move at angles to our destination and then have his pet take the gem on a detour. That should give them a wide enough area to search. It might also be a benefit to plant a little welcome at the point where the gem drops. If you've got a wreck of a boat or some lumber to spare we can send them a false trail.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 am

"Right." Jax nods. "Good plan. We go a little out of our way nextturn, and let the bat continue the tangent."

"Time for the larger plan."

Jax gathers the three stacks in the central hall, and oulines the mission.

"Our target is the city of Castria. Castria is a heavily fortified level 3 that stands on the border between Quelshland and South Quelsh. These two empires have been at war for almost two hundred turns, and neither has been able to gain the advantage. South Quelsh has hired Balen to take the city, cut the Quelshlandian supply lines, and expose their legions to destruction."

"Our part, or should I say your part, will be to enter Castria by covert means, seize the garrison, and capture the city."

"My part is to deliver you to some hexes nearby and arrange for your entry to the City via the tunnel zone. Each stack will be entering seperately. Our best hope of success is to enter the garrison zone with as little fuss as possible. Most of the defenders will be on the walls, or guarding the air zone. If the garrison falls, they will all become prisoners."

"We expect that the garrison and tunnel zones are only lightly defended."

"Ten stacks will be making the assault. I will issue you all with a token to signify your allegiance, and a password in the event you meet other stacks. The password is 'Sweeping Dwagon.'"

"Balen will be standing by near the city. As soon as it falls, he will move in with enough reinforcements to hold against whatever the Quelshlanders send."

"Questions?"
LTDave

Postby WhirdCheese » Fri May 24, 2013 5:06 pm

WIildthwing raises his hand timidly "How big are 'tunnels'? Will Wildthwing fit? Can enemy see entrance to tunnels from walls?"
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Sat May 25, 2013 2:59 am

Jax laughs.

"Do you have delusions of grandeur? You should fit. Might be tight in places, though."

"The entry to the tunnels are outside the city hex. There are a lot of mines around Castria."
LTDave

Postby Swodaems » Sat May 25, 2013 11:44 am

Craven speaks up, "What unit types are the tunnels defended by?"
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Sun May 26, 2013 5:52 am

"Light Infantry, mainly. Marbits, Hoomans, that sort of thing."

"If there's nothing else, the turn is ending. Stack Seven, I want you to post guards for the nightphase. We fly early nextturn."
LTDave

Postby Lipkin » Sun May 26, 2013 6:10 am

Ooc/ Guards for the night phase? No one moves at night in Erf.
Lipkin

Postby LTDave » Sun May 26, 2013 6:19 am

Isn't that when the other sides take their move?
LTDave

Postby MarbitChow » Sun May 26, 2013 7:48 am

No, daylight is divided up between all the sides. Once the last side ends their turn, night falls.
MarbitChow

Postby WhirdCheese » Sun May 26, 2013 11:59 am

MarbitChow wrote:No, daylight is divided up between all the sides. Once the last side ends their turn, night falls.

This

Stated Here and in the next comic

Though Wildthwing takes watch.
WhirdCheese

Postby Werebiscuit » Sun May 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Adreena speaks up
"Are the tunnels lighted or will we be carrying our own lights. And are the tunnels natural or constructed ? "
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Sun May 26, 2013 11:10 pm

"Yes and yes. Both. I've never been there myself."

(The night time thing does not seem definitive to me. Just because it is night to your side doesn't make it night to all sides. Isn't time relative to expended move?)
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Mon May 27, 2013 1:09 am

The night phase passes without incident, and the new dawn breaks over Lord Wye Island with sudden "pop".

Jax calls the stacks to order, watches as they gather their gear, and climb on board Stephanie. She gives a particular glare to stack seven, and a very slight nod to Adreena.

"Let's roll."

Stephanie flaps her wings and tail and the whole unlikely caboodle launch into the sky, headed south.

After a few hexes' journey, Jax walks back to meet A'ah and Adreena. "Now might be a good time."

Character Stats
Spoiler: show
Name: Shack [ETheBoyce]
Race: Human Profession: Healer
STR 2 DEX 2 INT 3 SPT 4
Agility 3 Craft 6 Fighting 3 Knowledge 6 Perception 6
Persuasion 11 Shooting 4 Speed 3 Stealth 5 Toughness 5

Weapons: Mace, 3 Hunting Spears
Armour: Light Armour
Special: Healer. Once per phase, a Healer can touch a wounded Character to restore to full health, or a "KO'd" character to restore to wounded. Cwoaked is another matter…
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Tent, Writing Set, Potion of Healing.
Funds in hand: 95

Name: Wildthwing [WhirdCheese]
Race: Twoll Profession: Wilder
STR 5 DEX 3 INT 1 SPT 2
Agility 5 Craft 3 Fighting 9 Knowledge 1 Perception 3
Persuasion 3 Shooting 3 Speed 8 Stealth 4 Toughness 9

Weapons: Battle Axe, Axe
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Survival. A Wilder can use their perception skill to track animals and enemies, as well as find food and water.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Hammer, Pick, Grapnel.
Funds in hand: 80

Name: Singthis Corrosion [MarbitChow]
Race: Elf Profession: Caster
STR 1 DEX 1 INT 5 SPT 4
Agility 1 Craft 6 Fighting 1 Knowledge 13 Perception 9
Persuasion 7 Shooting 5 Speed 1 Stealth 4 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook, Longbow (12 arrows)
Spells: Fire Bolt: If a Caster makes a Shooting check this automatically casuses a wound. Range 30'; Invisibility: Caster cannot be seen for 3 phases unless he attacks an enemy or casts a spell; Teleport: Caster disappears and reappears at any point he can see within 60'; Countermagic: This disrupts a spell targeted at the Caster and nullifies it. This is the only spell that can be cast as an immediate reaction and not on the Caster's turn. It can only be cast once per turn.
Armour: None
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Chalk, Small Mirror, Writing Set.
Funds in hand: 0

Name: Adreena [Werebiscuit]
Race: Human Profession: Scout
STR 1 DEX 4 INT 3 SPT 3
Agility 7 Craft 8 Fighting 4 Knowledge 5 Perception 6
Persuasion 5 Shooting 8 Speed 4 Stealth 9 Toughness 3

Weapons: Dagger, 3 Hunting Spears, Crossbow (16 bolts), Atatl (over-encumbered)
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Infiltration: A Scout can try to open locked doors using their craft skill.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Lockpicks, Mirror, Pot of Grease, Spade.
Funds in hand: 125

Name: Craven [Swodaems]
Race: Marbit Profession: Warrior
STR 3 DEX 5 INT 2 SPT 1
Agility 11 Craft 6 Fighting 10 Knowledge 3 Perception 2
Persuasion 1 Shooting 6 Speed 8 Stealth 5 Toughness 3

Weapons: Sword, Sling (20 bullets)
Armour: Light Armour, Light Shield.
Special: A Warrior can attack twice in a phase, if he has not moved, against any adjacent enemy.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Crowbar, Pole (8'), Iron Spikes (x6)
Funds in hand: 200

Name: Toothry A'ah [Lipkin]
Race: Transylvito Profession: Caster
STR 4 DEX 2 INT 4 SPT 1
Agility 3 Craft 5 Fighting 5 Knowledge 10 Perception 6
Persuasion 2 Shooting 5 Speed 5 Stealth 2 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook
Armour: None
Special: Befriend: One person likes you for 5 minutes. He will help & defend you, but not do anything suicidal. He will remember afterwards what you did. If you attack him it breaks the spell; , Daze: Enemy cannot attack for 3 turns. He can still move & defencd himself. Range 30'; Detect Enemy: Gives the location of the nearest creature who intends to harm the caster up to 60'; Terrify: Enemy must pass a Tougness skill check to attack wizard. Lasts 3 rounds.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Gentleman's cane, Writing Set, Chalk, Cape, Doombat.
Funds in hand: 0
LTDave

Postby Lipkin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:39 am

LTDave wrote:"Yes and yes. Both. I've never been there myself."

(The night time thing does not seem definitive to me. Just because it is night to your side doesn't make it night to all sides. Isn't time relative to expended move?)

No, night is it's own thing, taking place between the last side to take it's turn, and the first. It was stated somewhere, I think maybe in one of the text updates, or maybe a Klog.
Lipkin

Postby LTDave » Mon May 27, 2013 5:27 am

(a little sketch of the Sweeping Dwagon team)

(in a more OOTS style)
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games